Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA – Lidl battery chainsaw
  • Murray
    z1ppy

well that surprised me, as I was just looking at the lidl site & didn;’t spot them… that from Aldi not Lidi! ;P

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That is tempting, ideal for keeping in the boot of the car, for impromptu windfall.

Also for under the radar trail maintenance….

😊

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bugger, just bought a Makita, I would have given that a go for £95.

marp
    Free Member

I am tempted by their 130 quid lawnmower, 40v battery, charger and with a 3yr guarantee ….

Is the Ferrex stuff any good?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The lawnmower doesn’t look too dissimilar to my Lidl one (it is different) and it’s been great. In fact cordless hedge(Lidl) lawnmower (Lidl) and strimmer (worx) have all been a revelation. Might have to have a shufty at this too.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got one of their ‘Flowerbest’ (I think!) battery lawnmowers. Just been using it today. Had it 2 or 3 years. Excellent bit of kit.

Slightly unrelated, took a punt on a £6 track pump the other week and it’s brilliant! Really tall, big gauge on it. Just pumped up a tubeless tyre without needing the Airshot… six quid!

Murray

Title fail – oh well 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bugger it, gonna get one tomoro.

No doubt there will be none left!

wukfit
    Free Member

@NoBeer Don’t think they go on sale in store till Thursday

bruk

Just ordered online for delivery. Thanks

Was looking at something and now just need some gloves and trews

wonnyj
    Free Member

Online, genius. Just ordered a chainsaw and half a dozen bottles of red.

My wife has only been away since yesterday afternoon and I’d already bought a mini circular saw from Screwfix, now this. As long as I make sufficient DIY progress in the house all will be well.

hot_fiat

Just ordered a chainsaw and half a dozen bottles of red

Interesting combination. May I also suggest some tarpaulin, wellies and a mop? I think you might need it.

sweepy
    Free Member

I just had a look, thought I didn’t need it, then noticed that the battery and charger are common to the same brand impact driver and oscillating multi tool, it all looks too good to be true.

scud
    Free Member

Just ordered one, been looking for one for boot of car for a while…

oldtennisshoes

Without wanting to be a doom monger, if you haven’t used a chainsaw before and don’t already own the PPE, please get some training and buy the chainsaw trews before playing with it. It’s still a chainsaw.

scud
    Free Member

True @oldtennisshoes. for me it is to complement a coupe of petrol chainsaws and i have the correct gear, i have been looking at the Makita / Bosch ones recently, so though i’d give this a try for the cash and as it is just for small jobs

hot_fiat

Mate of mine had a kickback incident while working in the garden with her husband. She got away with this:
    [/url]

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

https://aldi.co.uk/p/097672269776900

Also one from Aldi from this week (£50)- battery is £30 separate, don’t know if that needs a charger as well…

Oh so is the op…

bruk

Just ordered gloves, trews and helmet/visor. Next step is indeed some training.

Northwind

sweepy

I just had a look, thought I didn’t need it, then noticed that the battery and charger are common to the same brand impact driver and oscillating multi tool, it all looks too good to be true.

The question is, once you’ve bought into this ecosystem, can you ever get another battery or charger or tool for it in future.

sweepy
    Free Member

You make a valid point mate, but its that cheap that if it only lasts the warranty it won’t be a disaster. Well except for the planet.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Picked up a chainsaw, 2 batteries, charger and a multi tool this morning, 3 year warranty on all except 2 years on the batteries.

Bargain.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The first thing you need to learn is how to sharpen and keep sharp a chain. It will absolutely eat batteries the minute your chain is not sharp and frustrate the **** out of you.

wukfit
    Free Member

I bought a cordless angle grinder, been wanting one for a while and £70 all in is very good
    Was tempted to get a couple of other bits now I have the battery and charger

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The first thing you need to learn is how to sharpen and keep sharp a chain. It will absolutely eat batteries the minute your chain is not sharp and frustrate the **** out of you.

I’ve owned and used petrol chainsaws for years, I’m sure I’ll be fine. This is for keeping in the boot of the car, impromptu roadside firewood liberation, and special ops trail clearance when a bit of stealth is required. 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

special ops trail clearance when a bit of stealth is required. 🙂

How big is your riding pack fer crise sake?

zippykona

I’m glad the gory picture was posted.

I no longer need a chainsaw

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@zippykona

How about a new chain saw ring for your bike?

owy

Kuco

You do realise anyone working in the vicinity of the chainsaw operator is also meant to wear the appropriate ppe?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You do realise anyone working in the vicinity of the chainsaw operator is also meant to wear the appropriate ppe?

Who’s that aimed at?. I wouldn’t have anyone near me when cutting.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Lidl battery chainsaw’ is closed to new replies.