Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA: Lego MTB rider
  • joemmo
    Free Member

The current series of collectible minifigs includes a female rider and bike. Should be fairly easy to identify in the bag from the bike frame if you’re willing to fumble a few packets.

null

scotroutes

Pink jersey and lipstick. Really??

joemmo
    Free Member

My first thought was that they’d captured the neon enduro pyjama trend pretty well but now that you’ve pointed out that its pink I’m genuinely outraged.
    null

Not just lipstick – mascara too

razorrazoo

Looks like Tinker Juarez

LAT

Don’t be angry. Where I live most women who ride bikes (and there are a lot of them) wear coordinated clothing in purples and pinks and what have you. Matching goggles and shoes in some cases. I’m not kidding. Oh, and I regularly ride with a woman who rides in makeup.

They are generally good riders, too. I shared a lift with a couple (as in romantically involved male and female combination) the lady was reassuring the dude that they’d only do the fun trails and nothing too difficult. In the next breath she told him that she’d be riding with her friends at the weekend and it would be too challenging for him. She was also dressed in coordinating girly colours.

Why aren’t girls who ride allowed to wear such colours? Or are they? Do the the women who dress this way annoy other riders? Or is it assumed that they are being victimized? Perhaps one of the reasons more women don’t ride mtb in the UK is because there are so many mard arses involved in the pastime.

no offence intended by the insult. It is a question I’ve genuinely pondered.

I am not a troll

Rubber_Buccaneer

Looks like Tinker Juarez

Ha, I thought that too😀

But really, QR on the wheels, how out of touch

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Riding flats. Gloves and knee pads. Fatbike tyres and an XC stem.
    What’s not to love?
    I’m hoping that’s how Sam Hill will be dressing later this week for the season ending cliffhanger.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Pink jersey and lipstick. Really??

Dunno, if you consider the shades it looks pretty era-appropriate. If the era is the early 90’s…

(really annoyed I can’t find the picture I came across the other day, woman in a grey bathing suit and pink sunglasses just like those jumping an old bike. Might even have been in Cranked, Issue 4??)

But yeah, what LAT said.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Why aren’t girls who ride allowed to wear such colours? Or are they? Do the the women who dress this way annoy other riders?

I think its just grumpy Santa Cruz owners pissed off that Juliana get the better colours these days.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Colourways pretty much invented by SunStar in Hawaii in the late 80s

scotroutes

I think its just grumpy Santa Cruz owners pissed off that Juliana get the better colours these days.

It’s not just SC. Lots of ladies bikes have better colours.

Of course, only some of us can get away with pink.

Dunno, if you consider the shades it looks pretty era-appropriate. If the era is the early 90’s…

Did they have fatbikes in the early 90s?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Did they have fatbikes in the early 90s?

Yes!

Clark Kent

(how lucky was that, first try)

jayx2a
    Free Member
    jayx2a
    Free Member
    Superficial
    Free Member

@jayx2a: That dude’s a girl too. No make up. Angry face or grinning face options. Full face helmet. No pink. She’s a total badass.

Bez

Meh. Get back to me when there’s a Lego Grayson Perry.

trumpton
    Free Member

that retro bike has got to be photoshopped.

brakes
    Free Member

Not seen that Lego bike version. Like the forks especially. Would be good to see a non-car tyre though.

letmetalktomark

I picked up one of these sets whilst in the lego shop last and built some panniers/skateboard rack 😀

scruff
    Free Member

Sorry its not Tinker, I think its Wyldstyle.

martymac

Trumpton, i vaguely remember seeing that before.
    Also, look at the rest of it, T bone stem, xt thumbies, 3×7.

Mmmm, xt thumbies.
    I’d buy those now, if they made modern ones.

winston
    Free Member

Nah, loads of fat bikes in late 80’s early 90’s had double rims. They were developed for the Iditabike.

EDIT how about 3!

letmetalktomark

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s an MBS Clark-Kent, one of only 2 apparantly. But yeah, beach bikes later modified for Iditarod.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm.. I had a lego MTBer as my PC wallpaper about 10 years ago… Can’t for the life of me remember where that was from.

beej

She’s wearing EF Education First kit.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

without the pink and lipstick it would be difficult to identify that the rider is female.

I think it actually quite OK – a hint of feminity added to a male stereotype, and maybe a disruption to a childs normal set of pink figures doing ‘girly’ stuff and blue doing macho stuff.

Maybe not ideal but a progression towards ideal ?

My mate doesn’t encourage or restrict his daughter in any manner, and she is already quite sporty at 5, but she still gravitates towards ‘girly’ stuff.

ratherbeintobago

Has anyone had any luck identifying this from packet fondling?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Lego MTB rider’ is closed to new replies.