Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA: Leeds has been invaded by greenfly
  • bearnecessities

They’re bloody everywhere I’ve been!

mattyfez

Apparently my spectacles are a good place for them to land on and chill out for a bit.

Many greenfly died to bring you this message.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Yup, got covered in them on this morning’s ride.

mrchrist

Yep pudsey is awash too

ads678

Yep, just been to oakwell hall and its like a bloody fog up there!!

martinhutch

It’s insect hatching day in the dales. Still picking them out of my teeth

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

Just been from Leeds to Summerbridge and back on road bike. Biblical amounts in the air, think I swallowed at least 5!

nickc

had a mechanical this morning, and most have swiped hundreds* of the things off myself

*some hyperbole may have been employed bringing you this message

dawson

Yep, loads in Clumber and Sherwood Pines too

StuE
    Free Member

What are the big black flies

RobHilton
    Free Member

What are the big black flies

They’re big black flies

HTHs

StuE
    Free Member

😁

julians
    Free Member

Just driven from Manchester to York and back, and over the hills the number greenfly being splatted into the windscreen was amazing. The front of the car is green

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ice cream stop with laddo whilst out on pedals earlier involved us hitting each other to kill green fly on our tops. I do think there were a few imaginary ones!

prawny

Swarming massively on Cannock chase too, had to abandon the gardening and come inside earlier. It’s not too bad now and the birds are looking lively.

smokey_jo

[smug]Wharfedale was greenfly free today [/smug]

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I went out on the motorbike for a few hours – it was like riding in green rain, could hear little splats as they hit my visor – there were so many I had to keep pulling over to wipe it clear as it was impairing my vision.

My jacket, gloves and lid are absolutely covered in green bodies, wings and legs. Bloody awful!

ozric45
    Free Member

Horrible little mites they are too. Plenty down here in Cornwall too. They decimated my chilli crops a couple of years back!

alric
    Free Member

my guess is youll have a storm tuesday

MoreCashThanDash

They were out at Bolton Abbey yesterday….

andy8442
    Free Member

Whats the calorific content of a single greenfly? I think I may have taken in more calories than I expended today…..and I broke a spoke.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

The big black flies with the dangly legs are called St Mark’s Flies

martinhutch

The big black flies with the dangly legs are called St Mark’s Flies

Cool. Hard little bastards. It was like riding through a hailstorm at a couple of points yesterday.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

drove back from dundee to west yorkshire yesterday, my car was like day of the aphid

alric
    Free Member

seen no greenfly in Milton Keyness, but was the biggest swarm of bees Ive ever seen, came out of a house in town, beeing about before beeting a retreat beetween the beeldings.
    Kind of glad it wasnt me they were after this time

blader1611
    Free Member

Went out today on a random loop between Harrogate and Harewood and i had so many greenfly on me that i almost resembled the green goblin from a distance. There were stretches today where you simply couldn’t open your mouth to breath.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I had to shave off my beard after the commute as I couldn’t wash all the little blighters out. Thousands of the things out tonight.

bodgy
    Free Member

It’s grim oop North.

meandyuk

Ate about 100 of them last night at footy!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Leeds has been invaded by greenfly’ is closed to new replies.