Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA: Kraftwerk headlining next years Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank
  • binners

Can you think of a better combination than that?

I can’t!

Tickets go on sale on Friday

See you there! 😀

crazy-legs

Distinct lack of info about how much tickets cost….

I remember when I saw them at Tate Modern I spent the entire day hitting redial – took about 5hrs to get through and book tickets (it was only phone bookings, no online for that one).

Great show though!

binners

Saw them at the Manchester velodrome a good while back. That was awesome! I think Jodrell Bank will be perfect for it. A summers evening sat in front of a mahoosive telescope watching Kraftwerk? It doesn’t get much better than that really

doris5000

Tickets started at £175 ish last year.

has anyone here been? How… how poncy is it?

I do love Kraftwerk, and now that my raving days are behind me I guess I am more suited to things with science experiments and talks, but…. last year they booked Public Service Broadcasting.

Is it going to be full of 40something 6 music listeners with VW campers, pink wellies and immaculately groomed children? Because I’m not sure I’m ready for that.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sounds epic. Too far and too much for me though. This Saturday I’ll be here:

http://www.anvilarts.org.uk/kraftwerk-rewerk

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Is it going to be full of 40something 6 music listeners with VW campers, pink wellies and immaculately groomed children? Because I’m not sure I’m ready for that.

Lol.

In which case you need to do Eden Festival nr Dumfries -very crusty… my immaculately groomed 16yo was not keen to repeat 🙂  my slightly less fussy 13 yo dead keen.

What are peoples experience of Blue Dot? I am interested, but have a Nissan not a VW.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Bluedot a couple of years ago (DJ Shadow was insanely good).  It was a bit more civilised than festivals I have been to but it was my lady friend at the time’s first festival so it was a good introduction.  We managed to misbehave a bit but there weren’t loads of twatted folk about which was nice.  I’d happily go again as part of a couple, probably not with a bunch of blokes out for a messy weekend.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lol.

Indeed.

Is that not the demographic for all festivals that cost £175 upwards?

Price it out of range for “crusties”

Does sounds pretty e p i c, must admit.

DezB
    Free Member

Too far, too expensive and the headliners are too old. I’m out. 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tempted just to bivi down the road and listen in..

Still gutted I missed Jean Michel Jarre there a couple of years ago.

😂 Sums it it up about perfectly!

Marin
    Free Member

Saw Sigor Ross there. It was the Mrs choice. Sound quality was appalling. I like the tarred crusty type goings on. Great little shop in Goosetree down the road for pizza and pies if you take a bike. I’ll take my VW elsewhere.

poolman
    Free Member

That demographic stereotype is brilliant.  Last year I stopped in a cafe in weybridge high st mid ride, had a coffee and reading the paper i looked around and everyone looked the same, almost a weybridge uniform.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sawthem at  Tate modern years ago in that London, then last summer here in my hometown in Sweden.   3d show for the win. They  are pretty still throughout mind!

i also did a dance at infant school to The Robots. good times! enjoy!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I saw them at Manchester Velodrome in 2009. It was awesome. Especially having Team GB blasting round the circuit to a live Tour de France.

wait4me

I saw them in Antwerp on the last (3D) tour. Worked out cheaper with ferry, hotel and afters hammering the Belgian beer than it did to get the train and tickets for the Tate. And it took one click to sort the tickets. I’ve now added Antwerp to my local gig roster. I live in Sussex! 😂

binners

Who’s going then? Got my tickets. Can’t bloody wait! 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Kraftwerk headlining next years Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank’ is closed to new replies.