Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • PSA – kettlebells (small) at Aldi
  • iDave
    Free Member
    scruff
    Free Member

What do you do with them ?

iDave
    Free Member

Stuff like this, but you should use biggerer ones

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQiwdLeMTYo&feature=related[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Kettlebells are good, but it seems most hotel gyms only have dumbells and machines.

v8ninety

is 7.5kgs useful for a bloke? serious question, I have no idea…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Kettlebells are ace…i’ve been using them lots recently and my muscles hurt big time!

Shame there’s not any bigger ones though as i’d be tempted to buy some for using at home but they are too light.

Edit: v8ninety, i doubt it but i’m not qualified to say. I’m a 5’3 girl and use 2 x 12kgs on the kettlebells as i’m just learning how to use them. Been told not to use the 8kg one as its too easy for me and once i’ve got the hang of them, i’m to up it to 16kgs.

iDave
    Free Member

i’ve duc taped 2 x 7.5s together before. you could use one in each hand for swings if you’ve never done them before, then get manly ones later.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s a 7.5kg adjustable one in tesco for not much more.

Figured it’d be good to pick up techniques with rather than risking injury swinging 25kg of lead round my head!

wrecker
    Free Member

Dunno about kettlebells but thanks for the video iDave.

jamest
    Free Member

As idave said u do really want bigger weight, but 2 7.5 kg kettlebells would be a good puchase, as the video shows there is lots you can do with em..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends what you’re doing with them – it’s not one size fits all exercises!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good for reverse wrist curls.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find different sizes for different things. I have a 24kg which is good for swings, but most other exercises I can’t do with it.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Never done any kettlebell training before. So why are they good? What’s good to do (heard of the turkish get up before)

Why are kettlebell swings good?

Is it cus lance did them?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think that one of the reasons they’re good is that because they’re unbalanced it’s difficult to do isolation exercises with them.

MOlly – how many swings are you doing with the 24kg?

mactheknife

Kettlebell circuits are the best thing i have done exercise-wise in a long time.

I started by going to a class, but i quicky found it was more orientated towards middle-aged ladies so i changed to another trainer and his classes are ace. He explains the routines along with stressing the proper posture throughout.

At home i use The Ultimate Kettlebell Workbook from Dave Randolph.

Again, it has different routines for varying levels and what you are trying to achieve along with well explained and photographed exercises.

Love it!!!

Using mostly a 16kg at the moment, that fits well with me as im not after low rep strength work, mainly high rep intervals.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Where can I get 16 and 20kg kettlebells?

Looked at jjb, sports direct, tesco extra and they only list up to 9kg. Any high street stores I can get one from?

iDave
    Free Member

amazon

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Base fitness on the bay of E are the best priced around.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

Was going to pop out at lunch and buy some. Argos have 16kg for £39!

petergriffin
    Free Member

Base fitness cheapest for 20KG. Didn’t have 16KG in stock ages back as well. Just got 16kG from another store on the bay for less than 30 Quid delivered.
    Look up Viking Warrior conditioning for “An application of the theory behind VO2 max training”
    You can find a free download if you look, and once you get past the “Viking Warrior” crap, it has some good stuff. Some vids on you tube as well, look for “15×15” conditioning.
    Check out Dragondoor.com for loads of stuff about kettlebells and Pavel Tsatsouline.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just been to Aldi near me in bristol. None there 🙁 (not even any signs where they would have been)

molgrips
    Free Member

MOlly – how many swings are you doing with the 24kg?

Lots.. 50, 60, 70 ish depending how I feel or what I’ve already done. I can do a total of NO get ups with it though. 16kg is about right for 5 of those but I don’t own one.

Oh btw I have a spare 12kg one if anyone wants it? Collection only of course 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

where do you live molgrips?

Flaperon

None in my local ALDI, according to the manager they haven’t sold out but never had them delivered – same goes for the other one on t’other side of town. When it seems too good to be true… 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’d be interested in the 12kg Mr Grips.

molgrips
    Free Member

I live in Cardiff. It’s a nice one, how about £20?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘PSA – kettlebells (small) at Aldi’ is closed to new replies.