Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA: JRA selling Stans and Pacenti rims cheap
  • wwaswas
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not sure whether to stock up or not, I did want some crest’s for a CX build. Arch EX is a bargain too.

VanHalen

i`m out of touch – i think £40 for a rim is expensive!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

You can buy a Hope front wheel for about £45-50 second hand so I’m out.

Northwind

Hmm. How great an offence is it to have one white and one black rim? It would be on the back of this:

IMG_1796 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Tell me what to think o internet!

spicer
    Free Member

Koo-bikes are also selling some (cheaper than above) Think alpine rims were £33

superfli
    Free Member

Nw, I have one white rim and one black as i couldnt afford to rebuild both at sane time. Doesn’t look great, but i dont care.
    However, I just bought arch ex as i couldnt resist the price 🙂 got spokes and nipples from rose with my credits. Cheap build

superfli
    Free Member

I will save my rant abuot this until I have had a reply from JRA….. Not happy bunny 👿

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Apparently crests don’t play nicely with CX tyres, so that’s that idea out.

Are there any other 400g tubeless rims with a 605mm ERD (already have some disk wheels with arch rims I want to transplant without havin to use new spokes).

bikeneil
    Free Member

You can buy a Hope front wheel for about £45-50 second hand so I’m out.

What sort of argument is that? You can also buy a second hand tent, a pvc front door or even a ford fiesta front wing for £40 too. 😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

Apparently crests don’t play nicely with CX tyres, so that’s that idea out.

really? this guys seems happy

http://ridingagainstthegrain.com/2012/11/19/stans-crest-bontrager-cx0-update/

pixelmix
    Free Member

I run Stans for CX at the moment with no major issues for almost 2 years. Only issue was my shocking bunny hopping skills dinging the rim. Ideally they would be slightly narrower, but the new Iron Cross CX rim is only 1mm narrower!

superfli
    Free Member

Got the email from JRA at 16:15 yesterday. I had a confirm from them at 17:26 for my order. I then ordered spokes, nipples and have a hub being purchased. Got an email this afternoon from JRA – sorry, got none left.
    Bit peeved as my other orders have gone through.

After some discussion with JRA, I’m now getting a rim from States, but will have to wait upto 1month. Oh well.

Just rather annoyed that you get these emails informing you of offers, then they cant fulfil their promise, especially when its only part of the order and essential! I only bought the rim as I couldnt see the price of Arch getting any lower and I need 1 to complete my white wheel set.

TBF though JRA were helpful and we have come to a suitable arrangement. Learnt my lesson, best wait before ordering the rest in future, especially if PSA is announced on here 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

38s pretty wide though, max for cx is 32, most google hits seem to say they wont work together

pixelmix
    Free Member

I should have clarified in my previous post that I meant Crests. I’ve run 33 – 35s (Maxxis Raze, Racing Ralphs, and now Clement Crusade PDX Clincher) without issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA: JRA selling Stans and Pacenti rims cheap’ is closed to new replies.