Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: Hunt vs Lauda
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

BBC2 19:00

chakaping
    Free Member

Sub PSA: There was a recent Five Live documentary on the subject too, which can be downloaded as a podcast.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Great so far! What an era to live in! My dad still dines out on beating hunt in a slalom corse type race to win a trip to the Monte Carlo gp, and subsequently missing my first fooking birthday!!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Certainly does look like an interesting era in F1’s history. The sight of F1 cars off the ground on the brow of hills, 4 wheel drifting, heading into corners wheel to wheel where both cars get round instead of one. Sort of makes the modern ‘drive like they’re on rails’, super temperamental, and need devices to enable overtaking, cars of today look a bit tame even though the speeds are much higher.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It wss the shizzle back then! Too many pooters nowadays running the sport!

kjcc25
    Free Member

Much more exciting than last nights boring highlights from Singapore. The race looked like and felt like some sort of computer game. Then at the end when Mark Webber brings a bit of old time F1 to the programme by riding in on the side of another car he gets penalized for it!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

. The race looked like and felt like some sort of computer game. Then at the end when Mark Webber brings a bit of old time F1 to the programme by riding in on the side of another car he gets penalized for it!

Did you see the footage of the evasive action the other drivers had to take to avoid FA who’d parked up on the exit of a blind corner?
    The consequences of a collision while a driver is hanging onto the car don’t bare thinking about.
    Much as we all love drivers being given lifts back to the circuit, the reprimand was the correct decision.

Also worth noting the 10 place penalty was for 3 reprimands in a season, not this incident alone.

shermer75
    Free Member

Why isn’t this available on iPlayer? Hrumph!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@shermer – yes that’s a major bummer ! I’m old enough to remember Hunt when he was at Hesketh, there was a great documentary about them back then I still remember (sort of !)

tomhoward

It’s a repeat from a few weeks ago iirc

*contemplates having a MTB FF helmet painted like Hunt’s*

Thoughts? Cool or not?

shermer75
    Free Member

Defo!!! Do it!!! (pics please)

busydog
    Free Member

Anyone seen the trailers on the new Ron Howard film “RUSH” which is about the Hunt/Lauda rivalry at the time? Looks like it might be good.

hels
    Free Member

I saw Rush last week, it was great. Good 70s feel to it I think they must have used old film stock or something !

See also the excellent documentary re Jackie Stewart and what he did to improve safety, I think it’s called “F1 – the Killing Years” or something.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Hunt vs Lauda’ is closed to new replies.