Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • PSA – Hope Hoops For Under £218, Poss Under £200
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

Please stop bringing this thread up. I am green with envy. I’ve still got to build my S/H parts wheels that cost only fractionally less than these.

Second hand Rear Hope pro 2 hub – already owned
    Second hand Front Hope pro 2 Hub – £35
    New DT Swiss Spokes – £50
    Second hand Stans Arch EX – £65

Total £150 given I already owned the rear hub.

parkesie
    Free Member

My new wheel arrived today went home delivery route 🙂

curiousyellow
    Free Member

parkesie, you didn’t try for the BC discount then?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Turn up at Halfords tonight, no rear wheel…. Showing on their system as picked and packed… The girl in the shop calls customer service, bit of a discussion then she passes the phone to me… The CS women tells me they don’t have any left, they’ve had stock issues etc…

So no bargain Hoops for me…

Maybe I got yours?
    I’ll get me coat.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey I’d better go pick mine up before they give them to someone else!

parkesie
    Free Member

Nearest store is a 20 mile round trip having the wheel delivered to me at home was more convenient.

nuke

Another fail here…ordered Flow 29ers at 22:00 on the day of this PSA, email confirmation and they took my payment, went to pick up today at my local store and no wheels 🙁

…on the plus Josh in the Dorking branch is a helpful chap and tried to do what he could. Apparently Halfords won’t be stocking Hope anymore so this is probably why the offer is on (:edit: …as confirmed by the ‘Open letter to Hope’ thread)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hoho, just picked up my wheels, and very nice they are too. They were there, and they were expecting me, and they didn’t need to spend an hour trying to find them in the back of some stock room… result!

Btw, the 29er crest front does come with the 9mm and 15mm adapters.

stu1972
    Free Member

Bit gutted when I first read about the deal considering ive just dropped nearly £400 on a custom set, but in hindsight it was the right move. New 40t hub, better spokes, custom graphics and handbuilt by a guy who’s good at what he does.

Still a bloody good deal though for those that got them !

Mintman
    Free Member

Success here too – very impressed with Halfords this time.

windydave13
    Free Member

Hmmmm, my front has arrived but no rear. Shows as “Being Picked” on the site. I somehow don’t think that one will ever materialise 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

All may not be lost. Apparently one wheel turned up at the store yesterday and the other today. May get lucky.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Hope Hoops For Under £218, Poss Under £200’ is closed to new replies.