Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA Heroquest returns (board game geek alert)🚨
  • kimbers

So lockdown saw me dig out my old Heroquest game for the kids, they loved it, but my figures are rather beaten up & 3d printed ones kept failing too

But it looks like there is a new Heroquest something coming too

https://heroquest.avalonhill.com/en-us

22 hours to go….

(I loved Space Hulk too but my mate had that one)

Here’s the trailer that got me excited back in the day

Thus guy has a good take

MrPottatoHead

Cool-was only reminiscing to someone about this the other day when I’d seen old sets going for nearly £200 on eBay.

Interesting to see if they stick as a remake or try and change it for a new generation.

devash
    Free Member

Never owned it but always used to play it at my mate’s house. The advert was awesome.

There’s a great Youtube review of it here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mpQ7_WXHd8

Cougar

I’m expecting a video game.

I’d seen old sets going for nearly £200 on eBay.

I’m a member of a couple of board game FB groups, the original is massively sought after.

tazzymtb

loved heroquest. we are currently on gloomhaven which is bloody epic and mansions of madness which my son loves to bits

jamiemcf

I was into this and space hulk and space crusade before delving deeper into the games workshop world.

My first snowboard sent me into a different obsession before bikes finally took hold.

For a different take on heroquest, have a look at kingdom death.

Northwind

If I could travel back in time, I’d kill the inventor of heroquest, to stop me from becoming a GW nerd.

JasonDS

Just checked the gaming cupboard.

cyclebiker

Loved this and Space Crusade when I was a kid. Interested to see if they keep it like the original.

2bit

The original Heroquest goes for £200?! Crikey

What about Space Hulk? Pretty sure (hope) I’ve got a barely played with set in my folks loft..

squirrelking
    Free Member

I have a full Dragon Quest set (D&D) that I keep meaning to actually learn to use. This looks very similar but a heck of a lot more expensive!

colournoise

Bloodbowl anyone?

Drac

Pretty sure original Space Hulk goes for £100.

darthpunk
    Free Member

If Heroquest becomes a video game, i won’t be massively disappointed, i’m playing Chainsaw Warrior and Warlock of Firetop Mountain on the laptop these days, and even though they were single player games, if i’m honest, it’s easier than trying to find like minded folks to play board games with.

Excuse me whilst I retreat back into my lonely cave

kimbers

@darthpunk

Find other sad cave dwellers & play together

https://roll20.net/

kimbers

Oh FFS it’s a Kickstarter

Not available outside USA 😠

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system

darthpunk
    Free Member

How much was the original game?

Some of these kickstarters seem a bit steep. I loved Wax Poetics magazine, but it went under, and getting it in the UK meant it was about 12 quid an issue. They launched a kickstarter and it’s coming back next year. it’s about £75 to back it and you get two issues, some stickers, access to a slightly better website and your name in the first issue. So that’s about £35 for a magazine……i’ll spend the money on records

Cougar

Honestly, that’s cheaper than the going rate for the original. You’d need a second mortgage if you wanted the expansions.

US only is pants though.

kimbers

Was £19.99 in 1989, which would be £50 today after inflation

Northwind

That. Is not. A Fimir.

finbar
    Free Member

Loved Space Hulk back in the day, but I’ve never even heard of Heroquest. Clearly I’ve missed out!

darthpunk
    Free Member
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA Heroquest returns (board game geek alert)🚨’ is closed to new replies.