• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nre.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA – Halfords sale on
  • jeffl

Halfords have got a sale on ATM with up to 20% off bikes. This Voodoo bokor caught my eye so much at £680 I just ordered one. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=1378591&categoryId=165499&langId=-1&catalogId=10151

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Angles and kit all look good. Also an extra 10% off for BC members. </span>

Bez

I was in earlier and they had a lot of their own brand tyres at £3 a pop. (700c/26″/24″/20″/16″)

jeffl

If anyone’s interested I picked up m Voodoo bokor today. Even better I realised that there was an extra 10% off bikes at Halfords today so paid the grand total of £544 after using British Cycling discount as well, bargain!

Gave it a quick fettle after getting the kids to bed and took it out for a short local spin. So far I’m really impressed. Much lighter than my old inbred, which is to be expeced but it’s so much more fun and much happier to change direction and generally behave like a hooligan. It even comes with decent Maxxis Ardent tyres. Only oddity is that the crankset which is SRAM NX appears to use an older style powerspline BB, but that’s not a biggie. Oh and the saddle will need swapping out for me. Overall well happy.

Poopscoop

Bargain mate! Damned fine bike at retail price, let alone THAT price. 👍

matt_outandabout

For that price, you should be!

matt_outandabout

I picked up some of the cheap tyres – at £3 a pop ideal for the paper round / shopper / commuter…

winston
    Free Member

I dropped in to buy some of the £3 tyres for my daughters bike but they were so amazingly heavy I thought she deserved better!   Still they had some aluminium 160 psi track pumps for £10 which seemed a bit of a bargain and as they price match I got some Schwalbes at CRC prices so not a wasted journey.

alric
    Free Member

i got a stanley toolbox for a fiver

nre
    Free Member

My daughter’s Trott MTB also came with those powerspline NX cranks – must be OEM only I think as couldn’t find any for sale (was looking to swap to 165mm given they were 170mm cranks on a small frame). I took the opportunity to switch to some 165mm GX cranks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Halfords sale on’ is closed to new replies.