Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA – Halfords industrial tool chests …. saving loads
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

3 x chests for £399 saving about £400, finishes July 1st. Sorry if it’s been done already.

andyl
    Free Member

That’s pretty good, I have the main two but wouldn’t mind the middle one. Although it would end up pretty high with it added so I wouldnt be able to look down into the top!

Couple of things to note:

Check ALL of the drawers to make sure they are level and the edge clips are engaging properly as some seem to arrive twisted.

You can buy halfords vouchers at 90% of the value bringing it down to £260.

The british cycling discount sometimes works but seems to be at the discretion of the employee (ie how much they hate working there so don’t mind applying it)

nixie

The BC discount should always work (for any product). Only exceptions are buying gift vouchers and price match.

ninfan
    Free Member

I swear, if they just had a couple more deep drawers!

These ones in Costco are about £450, and far more versatile for bike stuff

trail_rat
    Free Member

those kirkland ones are poor in comparison.

the old ones costco did- the blue ones were great.

dabaldie
    Free Member

My local Halfords both have notices on the tills that say the BC discount it ONLY for Cycling specific products, not tools (except cycling specific), or ANY other products. I had an arguement with them on the main till about GT85 the other day which until I pointed out that the majority of the stock was held in the cycling area they wouldntt accept.

andyl
    Free Member

yeah the old blue costco ones were lovely but they stopped doing them when I wanted one. I quite like the size of the kirkland ones but they are bloody huge.

My tool chest is for actual hand tools so lots of drawers works better and use other kinds of storage for parts.

I thought the BC discount wasnt supposed to work with online offers or something?

Terms:

Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card.
    10% off is valid on any purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
    May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher.
    Discount can be used in conjunction with other instore promotion unless clearly stated otherwise.
    Discount can only be used once per transaction.
    Discount is not redeemable for cash.
    Exclusive to British Cycling Members.
    Discount is not redeemable online.

if the toolchest offer is instore then should work. Just heard of sometimes it not being allowed.

robdob
    Free Member

You can buy halfords vouchers at 90% of the value bringing it down to £260

How does that work?

andyl
    Free Member

we have some scheme through our more than pet insurance that lets us have a discount for some corporate voucher scheme. TBH you can easily find the code on the net, take a look at hotukdeals and it should be on there with links to it.

They post the vouchers to you signed for next day and you take them into store with your click and collect code and use them to buy the order.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

You can buy halfords vouchers at 90% of the value bringing it down to £260.

I can’t see how you get it down to £260. It’s £359.10 with the BC 10% discount then if you get the vouchers with a 10% discount it works out at £323.19. I’m not sure where the other 60% discount comes from.

I quite fancy one of these for the garage as my current Halfords tool box is packed full with stuff at the moment 😀

andyl
    Free Member

ahh. yeah 😳

I was getting mixed up with the old offer of £300 for the two + spanners.

£359.10 if you buy the vouchers. Or buy £360 worth of vouchers and hedge your bets on getting the BC discount too meaning you pay £324 and get 90p change.

60% discount? I was a bit out but not that much!

Actually £399 seems a bit high given that the old deals were £299 for the two main chests and a spanner set quoted as £50 but normally sold for £25.

robdob
    Free Member

I was too late to the party for the PSA on the red ones and these ones are just a bit too expensive for me really. I have seen them in the shop and I recall thinking the red ones seem a lot more suitable for bike tools and general household tools.

grahamt1980

The industrial ones are really good. Have managed to fit most of my stuff in the combination of the 3

trail_rat
    Free Member

Waiting another psa on the red set of 3 my self. Want a second set to bolt side by side to the first 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

The red Pro ones are back on offer, £300 for all 3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Halfords industrial tool chests …. saving loads’ is closed to new replies.