• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by csb.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA: half price dremel at argos
  • gnusmas

2 dremels are listed as half price.

Cordless one is £60: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8202051

Corded stylo one is £25:
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8674476

csb

Thanks for this, I wanted one so this is useful.

CountZero

Thanks for that, I’ve got a cheap Dremel kit, but the cordless will be much handier.

Northwind

You can get the cordless unit for less but this one comes with some good stuff, ace psa

jlawie
    Free Member

I’ve got an old dremel in the garage somewhere.

Corded and a few years old but still works well.

If anyone wants it, they can have it for what it costs to post.

Gunz
    Free Member

Jlawie, I’ve PM’d you.

IHN

Gah, lost by 26 seconds 🙂

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Picked one up on the way home yesterday from the Malvern Argos.
    Many thanks for the PSA…

njee20
    Free Member

John Lewis have the same price on the corded one.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve reserved one but not sure if I’m going to pick it up.

Why would I need a Dremel?

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s a handy tool for all sorts of things. Getting out rounded/chewed screws and bolts, cleaning rust, polishing, engraving, chainsaw sharpening. Nothing earth shattering but sometimes it makes life easier

Rio

I thought the same when one came up in the Amazon Prime day sale, so I didn’t buy it. 2 days later a job came up which was best done with a Dremel, so I bought the Argos one last week.

There are cheaper cordless Dremels but they tend to be weedy 4.8v ones, this one is I think 10.8v so a good compromise between power and delicacy.

sharkattack

Are Dremel’s any good as a proper tool? They look unbelievably useful, but they also look like toys.

How robust are they? Or they like a Go-Pro where they get chucked in a drawer for most of their lives?

Northwind

They’re super useful for lots of little jobs that basically only a dremel or a die grinder is good at. And they’re way more convenient than a die grinder.

But you don’t miss them til you have one, because you just see those little jobs as something that’s a pain in the arse, rather than being a simple dremel job

st

Thanks, I spotted this on Monday and placed a reservation and my Wife picked it up for me. Looks spot on. I have a handmedown corded that is over 15 years old. I don’t use it a lot but when I need it it’s so handy. The old one has a clogged motor and the Chuck is a bit wobbly so I’ve been looking for a cordless one so this was spot on with perfect timing!

csb

Thanks Gnusmas for your original PSA. Got one a have just spent 2 hours polishing old bits of tat. It’s addictive!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA: half price dremel at argos’ is closed to new replies.