• This topic has 56 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by a11y.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • PSA – GX Eagle Cassettes
  • honourablegeorge
    ta11pau1

Works out about £95 with delivery.

Kuco

I’ve never ordered from R2-Bike, I take it they are okay to deal with?

thepurist

I’ve never ordered from R2-Bike, I take it they are okay to deal with?

Very much so – before the B word they were one of my preferred shops. After sales has been spot on too

Kuco

Great, thanks.

teethgrinder

Got mine the other day. DHL then parcelforce to the house. Bargain at £117 through PayPal including delivery.

This is even cheaper

Kuco

Ordered thanks, along with a Sram chainring I’ve been struggling to get.

honourablegeorge

r2 are spot on, support emails can take a day or two sometimes but they are very helpful and great to deal with

Now then I wonder, do they have Sram GX 11SPD 42T versions cheap?

el_boufador

Nice one, bargain, thanks. Price seemed to have dropped even further for me?

Cheers George! Just trying to figure out if similar price in UK for GX 11Spd :/ yet

Yuuuurp price has dropped more on site.

Avoid UPS the brown and goldy yellow side doored courier as hidden charges are extracted once deliveredor before delivery by crooked cs team members over phone.

Kuco

Bugger, got browsing their website now I’m tempted by the PRO Koryak 120mm dropper Seatpost.

stevede
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA – I scoured the euro sites for a deal last year at the height of the post covid boom and the best “deal” I could find was £180!!! So happy that prices are starting to settle and deals can be once again had.

True true

Tracey

Thanks. Spare ordered

ampthill

Tempted to have one on the shelf….

As much as I rate slick gear shifts, no way I would pay more than £80’ish for a new cassette.

BONKERS even knowing that they must be tooled very meticulously compared with say a stem.

phil5556

Thanks, just ordered one for my wife, been keeping an eye out for a while as hers is nearly shot.

bish

Thanks for that, spare ordered.

butcher

As much as I rate slick gear shifts, no way I would pay more than £80’ish for a new cassette.

Welcome to the new world.

NWD more like ;d

bigfoot
    Free Member

got one orderd as a spare, went for the 52 as by the time i use it will need a new mech( thats really just an excuse to go axs)

whatgoesup

Thanks, one plus an XX chain ordered for the spares box.
    After my memory of how much I paid for an eagle 12spn chain in lockdown (still worth it to avoid damaging the rather more expensive cassette) I’m keen to go back to my old habits of buying spares whilst cheap(er) rather than paying through the nose for spares “on demand”.

crossed

What’s the situation with duty etc on these?

duncancallum

Bollocks just bought one from the lbs….

Still!

teethgrinder

I’ve ordered 2 at different times. No extra to pay for me, YMMV.

Just don’t use the ups option. They’re thieving ****.

didnthurt

Bought a GX cassette and chain and together came to less than the import tax threshold of £135.

My current cassette on my Scalpel has had 3 chains already so might get another chain’s worth of use before it needs replacing.

Thanks op for the heads up.

pictonroad

I’ve read the guidance and it’s not explicit, does anyone know if you pay duty only on the value above £135 or, if you breach the £135 value you pay duty on the whole amount?

GX cassette, chain & chainring comes to £141ish. 😬

(Great PSA, thank you, been eeking out a cassette for ages…)

Tracey

My understanding is on the whole amount. Never pushed my luck and always made sure I’m bellow the amount

shooterman

Many thanks OP. I have been looking for a deal on one of these for a while.

whatgoesup

Hmmm, my order was £158, I didn’t think about tax as assumed it was all included these days.
    What taxes am I likely to get hit with – VAT plus £12 customs charge? It’s clear as mud

chestrockwell

Is the 52 too big to work with some set ups? Planning a Shimano build but need a Sram style cassette.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Whatgoesup – In theory your order cost plus postage fee, plus VAT, plus courier admin fee, plus import duty (4%??)

Kuco

My cassette and chainring turned up this morning with Haribo and a free water bottle in the box.

5lab

deore 12 speed cassette (not in stock right now) for £75 there too

a11y

Great PSA @honourablegeorge, thank you.

Ordered a XG1150 cassette yesterday and after thinking about it ordered another today. €82 delivered and hopefully no additional charges – I used r2-bike in June for a <€125 order and didn’t have anything extra to pay then, so fingers crossed.

tonyf1
    Free Member

GX Cassette is being prepared to be delivered by Parcelforce this morning so interested if any vat to pay given it was 0% on the invoice. Order was €112 including delivery.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.