• This topic has 71 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by paton.
Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • PSA Guy Martin on C4 now
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Didn’t actually watch it but ill bet some of the haterz watch other inane drivel, like Celebrity get me out of here for instance. I’d rather watch GM fly about in a daft tractor. (That isn’t a real tractor)

kilo

Started watching it, found it all a bit dull, as mentioned constant recaps and find GM a bit tedious now.

northernsoul

That isn’t a real tractor

I did wonder during the program, especially when they had the Guinness world record adjudicator along, what constitutes a tractor vs just another vehicle with a large engine. Does it need to be able to do tractor stuff like pull trailers etc?

pondo

ill bet some of the haterz watch other inane drivel, like Celebrity get me out of here for instance

How much do you want to bet? 😀

paton
    Free Member

timmys

I did wonder during the program, especially when they had the Guinness world record adjudicator along, what constitutes a tractor vs just another vehicle with a large engine. Does it need to be able to do tractor stuff like pull trailers etc?

I was more interested this in relation to the American tractor – that seemed to have car sized wheels on the back! Though it sounded like their ‘record’ was totally unofficial so I guess they could do what they wanted.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Anybody watching Guy in Japan now.

That underground water tank 😲

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How much do you want to bet? 😀

Err..not much actually, knowing this lot.
    Anyway… a Fastrac is actually a tractor. (Originally)
    But most people on here should really despise a JCB.

kelvin

The Japan programme is a must watch.

martinhutch

That underground water tank 😲

Inspired by the sewer level from the original Mirror’s Edge game. 🙂

akira

Think Guy visiting other places works better than Guy makes something aerodynamic and puts a more powerful engine in it.

Harry_the_Spider

I won’t be buying one anytime soon.

DezB
    Free Member

Can someone please tell the voiceover bloke that he’s not doing a trailer for the latest zombie apocalypse gorefest movie. Ta.

pondo

That was good (voiceover dude excepted, as above). 🙂

tthew

Liked the Japan program more than the tractor one – even more I should say. Part 2 is on next week I assume? Some quite comical bit in there, particularly
    ‘Guy is taught to feel around the walls until he finds a door out’
    *immediately smacks head on corner*

Definite lack of Terrahawk though. They usually manage to shoe-horn a clip of him in somewhere!

DezB
    Free Member

Finished the Japan episode. That motorbike bloke who raced Guy was just about the coolest dude I’ve ever seen on telly. 🙂

davosaurusrex

Haha, the UK fireworks code bit was great!

CountZero

Yeah? Why’s that, then? Enquiring minds want to know.

paton
    Free Member

MrSparkle

Looking forward to that one. In the film Steve McQueen stole a motorbike off a German soldier to make his escape on. It was a Triumph, because Steve liked them. The story behind the bike: https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/steve-mcqueen-bike-the-great-escape-salon-prive/

dmorts

what constitutes a tractor vs just another vehicle with a large engine.

Anyone any idea on this? The modded JCB didn’t look like it could tow anything

terrahawk
    Free Member

Definite lack of Terrahawk though

costs.

every time I’m mentioned I get a bottle of Proper degreaser.

mikey3
    Free Member

Is mrsparkle his agent or something.

MrSparkle

Who’s – Guy Martin’s, Jase’s or Steve McQueen’s? ;0)

tthew

Is it an urban myth* that Steve McQueen showed the film stuntman how to perform the jump when no-one was looking?

*Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

paton
    Free Member

snaps
    Free Member

“Enjoy it whole you can. If found guilty I expect they will drop him like a hot potato.”

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/guy-martin-fake-driving-licence-3681876

fooman

Used the ‘medically gullible’ defence.

paton
    Free Member

snaps
    Free Member

I’m thinking it might be something to do with obtaining a race licence for the bikes

paton
    Free Member

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘PSA Guy Martin on C4 now’ is closed to new replies.