• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ian-r.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: Guy Martin D-Day landing
  • jeffl

On Channel 4 now. Sorry if it’s already been posted.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Battle of Jutland on BBC 4

Then sex raft documentary

MoreCashThanDash

Fantastic programme, some truly fantastic interviews with veterans.

sargey

Jobs a peach!

Drac

I’m in awe at those vets from all sides.

timbog160

My old man drove a Bedford over on D+7 – bloke on the landing craft says “off you go” and the old man drives straight into 30’ of water! Not a great swimmer but manages to splutter back to the landing craft and straight back to England, so never even set foot in France – apparently a fair number of drivers went down with their trucks 😳

scubashark
    Free Member

Been excellent. As said above amazing what the vets had to say.
    Did a parachute jump 27 years ago in my military days, those aero conical chutes are ‘fun’ to steer.

jerseychaz

They only finished filming a week or so ago – saw the Dakota and chase Helicopter over the Western Solent on it’s way to France! The veterans made the programme.

andrew1905
    Free Member

First class program. The veterans certainly made it. I loved the French resistance lady still feisty today. What TV should be like. Content first presenter second.

Regards Andrew

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’m in awe at those vets from all sides.

Same here, programs like that are a good reality check and make you realise how easy you had it growing up compared to being chucked into a war zone as a kid knowing theres a good chance you might not come back.

Guy’s enthusiasm always makes these things good too.

ian-r

Guy’s enthusiasm and the veterans were great. For someone with Aspergers not to freak out on the assault course was incredible. However, the moronic voiceover was too much and I turned it off. I do not have to be reminded what I saw two minutes previously and trying to keep a level of suspense going about everything is ridiculous. Just spoils potentially good tv. Shame really.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Guy Martin D-Day landing’ is closed to new replies.