Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA: Gravity Carbon Bars
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Not immediately obvious from the description but the black 777mm version are carbon, cracking deal for £20! I ordered assuming they were aluminium ones, didn’t realise they were carbon till they arrived today. Have the aluminium versions on one of my bikes already and get on well with them so was getting a second set for the hardtail.

Edit: link would help….
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/fsa-gravity-light-mtb-handlebars/rp-prod136900

Vortexracing

from where?

Davesport

Where from 😀

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Oops, link added

woodster

With CRC it’s always possible that some are carbon whilst others are alu, but I’ve given it a shot.

Thanks!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Bought. Looks like the 800mm are alloy and the 777mm carbon. Thanks.

jamiep
    Free Member

Might they be carbon wrap?

Christian
    Free Member

2 ordered, still cheap for 780mm allu bars if they turn out to be that, thanks mate.

Christian
    Free Member

Bit of research, yes they are carbon over alloy as jamie mentioned, still happy with price!

jamiep
    Free Member

ordered too. cheers for the spot

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep.Worth a punt as spares.
    Cheers op.

BearBack
    Free Member

The black bars pictured are gravitys CSI bar. Altogether different to the silver alloy gravity light bar. We run gravity lights on our dh bikes. I’d happily run the csi bar on anything.. But iirc, the csi bar was a rare thing in anything wider than 740mm!
    20 quid for either bar is a great price

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

The pair I have here definitely measure up to the listed 777mm. The bar itself states Gravity Light, the sticker on the back also says CSI. What’s the difference between the Light and CSI?

BearBack
    Free Member

Csi is carbon structure integration (or someting simiar)
    Its essentially a carbon wrapped thin alloy bar.
    You can see the alloy inside if you look in the end.

jamj1974

They look very good. Good weight for the width. Might try these on a bike I’m building up for a mate. Thanks for the PSA t_d.

kimbers

Well mine turned up today, carbon weave over alloy 309g on the kitchen scales, so no carbon light, but perfect for my new hardcore hardtail !!

shindiggy
    Free Member

If they’re carbon weave over alloy I’ll be sending mine back, they’re are at the post office awaiting collection.

shindiggy
    Free Member

They are indeed an alloy bar with a carbon wrap.

granny_ring

If you want to send them back then my guess is that you’ll have to pay for return postage as they’re too long to go Collect+

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Gravity Carbon Bars’ is closed to new replies.