• This topic has 165 replies, 100 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • ⭐ Official Black Friday 2020 Thread ⭐
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Came for the non-existent bargains.

Stayed for the excellent punnery and lovely woofers.

dogbone

I fail to see how £70 cottage pie flavoured whatever makes it better, even for an imported stray.

Each to their own though.

It works out at £2 a can.

smokey_jo

OS site has 20% off everything by the looks of it

thenorthwind

Stayed for the excellent punnery and lovely woofers.

Must have missed the bargain speakers.

NS
    Free Member
    Mister-P
    Free Member

Beti is a rescue dog from Hungary. She’s had a shit life up to now, so yes I actually d

It sounds like Beti will never go Hungary again.

dogbone

Let’s not get too Pungary.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

anyone spotted a decent deal on HR straps?

YoKaiser
    Free Member
    avdave2

I had the thoroughly depressing experience today of emptying the recycling bins in a road while an a woman followed me along the road delivering even more Amazon bloody cardboard to just about every house! I’ll be back in two weeks tipping it all into the back of the truck. And half of it probably won’t be in the bins but piled up in a soggy mess next to it. We’ll then take it to the tip where once sorted it’ll be bailed up, loaded into a container and will be on it’s way to China ready to be turned into more packaging!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Melon optics
    Code BF2020VIP 20% off =£96 alleycats delivered code expires Friday 27 nov2020
    15% code due cyber Monday too

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Tredz
    Peaty tubeless valves £10.99 and £5 off £30 pop up appears

Northwind

A couple of places have the TLD Stage (enduro fullface) at £200 which is a good price. But Merlin has the MIPS version for £160 in every size except medium, which is pretty outrageous

(I have the standard one, think I paid £220 and I still call that a bargain)

Poopscoop

@hungrymonkey

Free Member
    anyone spotted a decent deal on HR straps?

Lots of people on here use these HRM. You might find it a little cheaper if you look around. BT and ANT+. Every bit as good as the garmin it replaced.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CooSpo-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Bluetooth-ANT-with-Chest-Strap-for-Running-Cycling/174502207163?epid=17040712227&hash=item28a1245ebb:g:tFYAAOSwEK5fn9fU

feed

Lots of people on here use these HRM. You might find it a little cheaper if you look around. BT and ANT+. Every bit as good as the garmin it replaced.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CooSpo-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Bluetooth-ANT-with-Chest-Strap-for-Running-Cycling/174502207163?epid=17040712227&hash=item28a1245ebb:g:tFYAAOSwEK5fn9fU

+1, mine’s still going strong after 2yrs of 3+ hrs use per week, which is twice as long as the Garmin one it replaced.

Poopscoop

^^I notice you can even but new straps for them on eBay. Not that I need one. Yeah, bloody good little HM monitors these.👍

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Ordered the Peatys. Wanted the new. CK version but I’ll take the old ones at half the cost.
    Thanks.

thered

Jesus christ ! do people actually feed dogs that stuff, and pay those prices ??

Brads, if you knew what went into pet food, you would spend money on decent stuff, most of what is on the shelf is disgusting.

GrahamS

Lots of people on here use these HRM. You might find it a little cheaper if you look around.

Cheaper (£18.39) on Amazon for a newer model (I think).

Incidentally CooSpo also make Speed & Cadence sensors for bikes. Anyone tried those?

Cougar

Not exposure but Olight have a deal On and a free torch too.

Just stepped through that. Free torch but delivery is a fiver unless you buy something else to qualify for free delivery.

Meh. Looks good for a fiver so I bought it.

Poopscoop

@GrahamS

Incidentally CooSpo also make Speed & Cadence sensors for bikes. Anyone tried those?

Yep, got 2 cadence sensors and they are great.

Got a speed sensor too but not fitted it yet but no reason to think it won’t be as good.

Gribs

I’ve got the combined one and it works perfectly well with my Xoss G+ and via bluetooth to my PC and zwift. I don’t really understand the point of the individual ones as they’re barely any cheaper and you need two.

Daffy

25% off everything at Superstar using BF2020

Poopscoop

The CooSpo HRM. Cheaper (£18.39) on Amazon for a newer model (I think).

I missed you posing that.
    That’s about what I paid for my black one. I think the white one is internally identical which is no bad thing as they are great. At that price it’d be plain mad to buy a Garmin!

captainclunkz
    Free Member

If there are any herbal vapers on STW, Vapefiend have a great black friday sale going on.

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/black-friday-sale

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Broken Riders offering a decent discount, plus 10% of profits go to the charity Mind.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have been looking at a bluetooth speaker set up and the company have been advertising their Black Friday sale this week, prices start today. I checked their website and it says “Save £60” but the price is usually £30 off SRP anyway so it’s really only £30 better than normal. They are completely out of stock. Bit of a waste of time and sums up Black Friday nicely I feel.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Been keeping an eye on Wiggle to see if some of their prices would drop on kit – and I can confirm that the prices of the stuff I was looking at have gone up today 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

25% off everything at Superstar using BF2020

Ta. That’s the hub I needed sorted then.

Some bits have higher discount available (eg headsets) with other codes on the front page scroll thing.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Royal Racing has a sample sale on. lots of tees and shorts

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

50% at vulpine, option to donate some all or none of that to their partner charity.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Is that Catolf Hitler?
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MW4x-K24JIQ/hqdefault.jpg

Cmon people. That deserves lot more love…

😃😁

downshep

Is that Catolf Hitler?

Infamous leader of the Furred Reich?

andybrad

muc off at 499 at treds

kilo

Magrette have 10% off

https://www.magrette.com/

kilo

50% at vulpine, option to donate some all or none of that to their partner charity.

Didn’t know they were still going after all their issues. Is the partner charity new bikes for the directors?

maycontainnuts

Quad lock are “30% off everything” according to the emails I keep getting.

toby1

While I have people in stripping and replacing my bathroom the need to buy more stuff is quite low (I’m spending a fortune on this and keeping the dog alive as it is).

I’m happy to report that almost nothing here is actually tempting either, perhaps I am a little less consumerist than I once was!

As for avdave and procession of packaging, I feel your pain, but with some things, I can’t buy what I need locally as 1, the only shop I have locally is a co op, the wife has the car all day every day and delivery is pretty much the only option with closed shops all over. I do get your point though, so much is useless stuff we just don’t need!

Kryton57

I’m happy to report that almost nothing here is actually tempting either, perhaps I am a little less consumerist than I once was!

Having publicly been through this journey, I’m failing to get excited about anything and haven’t made use of any of the recent or todays sales.   As I’m not wanting for anything, I call this a win win.

I used a prior strategy of fighting the will to buy with the “do I really need it” whilst an object was in the basket.   Once I won the emotional battle to not buy it, I immediately moved the “spare” money to a savings account.  That result in £1700 last year and £279 this year.  I’m now so good at it, its become un unreliable method of adding to my savings 😀

I’ve bought 3 things beyond bills and food this year, all on sale:

a) A lockdown Norco car battery charger, still in use

b) A Seiko Arnie – yes I succumbed to that

c) A Chain/Cassette combo to replace the worn ones on my road bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘⭐ Official Black Friday 2020 Thread ⭐’ is closed to new replies.