Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • night rides in summer, a little bit wrong somehow
  • rOcKeTdOg

there’s something wrong using lights in July and it being warm and humid and when you leave the pub to ride home you don’t have to watch for icy corners. but great fun though

jekkyl

Epic RD great pic. Personally I love night riding in the summer. Sunset’s back to 9pm already so by 10 it’s properly dark, so shorts n T-shirts and big lights out, great stuff.

rOcKeTdOg

one bonus of winter night rides is that you don’t attract an apocalyptic amount of insects with your lights, i was expecting a plague of locusts at any moment

nickdavies

I think it’s ace, no-one’s about, sunsets are fantastic and you avoid the hot sun. I’ve been getting up to Cannock at about 8ish, getting by without lights but not been up in the past week or so, might be breaking the lights out soon.

Great pic, btw.

AlexSimon

Amazing picture! (runs off to flickr to favourite it)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We set off at 8pm and the sunsets have been spectacular. Insects can be a pain if there’s no breeze but not being told we are too muddy at the local pub is nice.

jam-bo

was getting a bit murky in the woods by 9 last night. last DH run back to the car was a little sketchy.

Northwind

We had an evening ride turn into a night ride a while back, lovely… Never had a dusty nightride before, visibility was, er, challenging.

justatheory
    Free Member

Great pic

binners

What a great piccy!

I love evening/night riding in the summer. Well… this summer at least. You get the best of both worlds. Start in daylight and sunshine, finish in the dark, flicking your lights on for the last descent, as its cooling off enough that you need to dig another layer out to sit outside the pub

Happy days! 😀

Simon

Happy days indeed. Until you leave the pub and find the dodgy helmet light cable you’ve been meaning to fix all summer has gone completely, leaving you light less for the ride home. Doh!!

messiah
    Free Member

Cracking pic.

We’ve still got sunrise at 5am and sunset at 9.30 up here… Not long until I’ll be needing my lights to start my commute and finish my evening rides though 😥

D0NK

doesn’t happen often (pub finish) but riding home xc in the dark in nice mild temps, a bit tipsy, is great.

Was raining at the end of last nights ride 🙁 still a good night tho

obviously

rOcKeTdOg

After a day of showers we had no rain, the trail Gods were smiling in us 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘night rides in summer, a little bit wrong somehow’ is closed to new replies.