Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA Ghibli / Prime / Red Turtle
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

There’s a few Ghibli fans on here I think.

Kids discovered this morning that The Red Turtle is now a freebie if you have Prime.

It’s really very very good.

submarined
    Free Member

It has been for quite a while. Tbh I kind of resent it taking my time. My then 5 year old hated it too 🙁
    Ghibli’s back catalogue contains some of my all time favourite things (Howl, Ponyo and Spirited Away…) but it’s not perfect by any means (I’m looking at you, Yamadas and Only Yesterday)

Superficial
    Free Member

If anyone didn’t know there’s loads on Netflix, too.

My (4yo) boy loves Kiki’s Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro. They’re well made and wholesome and don’t have the weird slightly sexualised characters Disney seems to put in their films. Thumbs up from me although most of them seem to be aimed at slightly older children.

kelvin

It’s really very very good.

It’s a beautiful one that… very moving… not really Ghibli though.

kelvin

Tear jerker from the same guy…

giant_scum
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA!
    Also is it only my kids that like watching it in Japanese with English subtitles?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

My youngest not old enough to do that sadly. Eldest would, just about.

Mind you it’s only Mononoke’s dub that really did my swede, it was awful, everyone sounded like they wanted to be somewhere else.

As another Prime freebie, they both liked Ronya too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Also is it only my kids that like watching it in Japanese with English subtitles?

I tend to watch everything non english with subtitles rather than rubbish over dubz.

fasthaggis

Nope,that was the way we watched them.

When my kids were about 8 or 9,they asked Santa for a Totoro each,real ones. 🙂

kelvin

No. It’s everyone. And everyone’s kids. No idea why they spend money doing the dubs at all… although I would guess the answer would be the USA.

To say that this isn’t relevant to the movie this thread is about would be quite an understatement though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA Ghibli / Prime / Red Turtle’ is closed to new replies.