Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 821 total)
  • PSA. Garmin instinct solar under £100
  • Mounty_73

When did you order, my basket keeps ending up at £249.99?

About 9.10am

jamesy01
    Free Member

About 9.10am

Nightmare, should have order last night when I first saw the PSA or this morning when I looked before getting out of bed. Instead I waited until after I’d had a coffee and by 9.55 it seems the price/offer has changed.
    Damn you Hot Deals Uk!

JohnnyPanic

Perhaps someone at Garmin woke up this morning and thought “Oh Shit”!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grum
    Free Member

I’m not convinced they will honour it tbh but good luck to you all! Looks to me like £249.99 was supposed to be the offer price.

shooterman

mogrim, I’m in NI and it’s doing the same thing to me. Price more than doubles whn I put it into the basket.

scotroutes

I’m not convinced they will honour it tbh but good luck to you all!

How many times do you think we’ll see the words Sale of Goods Act on this forum in the next few days? 😉

Caher

Did anyone read the DC Rainmaker review?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Managed to bag a Surf Instinct for £108…didn’t realise I needed one until late last night….🤦🏼‍♂️

jimmy
    tonyf1
    Free Member

How many times do you think we’ll see the words Sale of Goods Act on this forum in the next few days? 😉

My lawyers are poised.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Great watch, and that’s a cracking price, battery life is fantastic.

easygirl

Thank bid I ordered last night,looks like they are all back up to £300 ish now , fingers crossed

bonzodog
    Free Member

Maybe the sub £100 price will be honoured.

Maybe Garmin gave us all a treat on Christmas day and then hiked the price again today.

Maybe there is a father Christmas after all.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Standard in Tidal Blue ordered for £96.99.
    Thanks OP!

@Mounty_73
    I’d cancel that order and look elsewhere mate. You’ve paid a quid more than the rest of us.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

If it turns up = bargain. If it doesn’t nothing lost.

The verge had a article about the new garmin watches (leak) – new fenix, venue and a instinct 2.

The fact that there was more than one model reduced (different instinct models and enduro) may mean it was a case of getting rid of overstock before the new model launch as opposed to a typo.

I will wait and see what happens.

5lab

It was definitely a misprice, but they may honour it. I cant imagine the cost price of a Garmin watch is very high, so probably wouldn’t cause big losses for them

jimmy

Is there some kind of agreement with retailers that they won’t undersell by a certain amount? Imagine it could leave them high and dry with effectively overpriced stock. I’m sure this is day one retail school, but I’ve no idea.

Aidy
    Free Member

It was definitely a misprice, but they may honour it.

Order isn’t showing up in my Garmin account, so I’m guessing they won’t. No email or anything yet, though.

Caher

Mine is showing and shipped.

oldtennisshoes

Is there some kind of agreement with retailers that they won’t undersell by a certain amount? Imagine it could leave them high and dry with effectively overpriced stock. I’m sure this is day one retail school, but I’ve no idea.

I don’t think suppliers or distributors are legally allowed to determine the price an item must be sold at by a retailer, but they can of course refuse to deal with that retailer if they don’t agree with their pricing strategy.

piemonster

Order isn’t showing up in my Garmin account, so I’m guessing they won’t. No email or anything yet, though.

Mine is still showing in my account. I’m quite intrigued as to wether it’ll actually arrive, not really lost much if it doesn’t.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

There was a similar PSA on here a few years back where the item was significantly and incorrectly underpriced, can’t remember what it was though or the outcome 🤔

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Showing as shipped on my account. Thanks for the PSA btw, managed to snaffle one late last night.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Mine is showing as shipped too, though it seems unlikely on boxing day

winston
    Free Member

Great PSA Op.

Hopefully bagged a Surf at 1.30 am this morning!

The tide stuff would actually be really useful to me.

Maybe Garmin will notice I’ve bought 4 expensive Garmin gadgets over the last few years and throw me a Xmas bone!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sure they are showing shipped? In my account it says the word ‘Shipped’ but the progress bar hasn’t filled that yet.

P20

Mine is now shopping as shipped

scuttler

I don’t have a horse in this race but ooooh it’s exciting.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Sure they are showing shipped? In my account it says the word ‘Shipped’ but the progress bar hasn’t filled that yet.

Yeah, mine too actually. It’s only ‘order received’ so far.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I reckon it’ll turn up

It may be cheap but it’s not an obvious mistake. I mean if garmin wanted to get rid of them at cost then I imagine that would be what they sell for. It’s not as if they were a tenner, still over 100 quid which I bet is far more than it costs to produce

I bought one, not that I need it given I already have a fenix 5, but like many on here im a sucker for a bargain

tpbiker
    Free Member

I should add no real loss if it doesn’t turn up given every single garmin device I’ve ever had in the past has had to be returned under warranty…

Caher

Who will get there’s first and who won’t at all. More exciting than Death in Paradise.

w00dster

Yeah my order shows Recieved and the progress bar is 50% blue. Will keep an eye on it tomorrow.
    I’m a bit like tpbiker, I’ve had to return pretty much every Garmin product I’ve ever owned.
    I can’t see it getting cancelled to be honest. There’s a new Instinct due out soon so guessing this is just dumping older stock.

twonks

Looking again suggests somebody clicked the wrong button and instead of ‘reduce by’ they clicked ‘reduce to’ – or something that had that outcome.

That would seem to fall in line with the rest of the sale items.

Would be nice of them to honour the cock up, but good things like that don’t happen too often.

Fingers crossed though.

feed

I’m confident they’ll arrive, the fact that the offer is UK specific would suggest an over estimate of UK Christmas sales and a need to offload surplus stock.

jamesoz

Hoping it arrives, had MK1 instinct for 3 years (I think).
    Aside from the terrible altimeter (hopefully improved) it’s been great for me, I’m pretty clumsy and have destroyed many a watch.
    I have pretty big wrists and the strap is a decent length, I’ve clouted it on all sorts and it’s survived.
    The battery life is great, so expecting the Solar will be epic.

It’s not particularly intuitive to operate even after 3 years but just gets on with the job of doing what I want it to do, without me having to take any particular care of it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Only on two occasions has my altimeter been bollocks, both times getting out of a warm dry van into damp cold conditions, so assume it buggers up the barometer readings.

I check when I start now , and calibrate if it’s off, only takes a few clicks.

Apart from that it’s been spot on, I find it accurate to 5m at worst, which is pretty good.

walowiz

Must resist. Really must resist.

Enduro for 240 is so ridiculously tempting, if only it had the music player. I don’t need it as my Vivoactive 4 is fine, but have lusted after one for ages.

I’m guessing new models are imminent in 2022.

jimmy

Mine was showing as shipped yesterday, too.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I swithered briefly over ordering but knew I’d have woken up the next day regretting any lack of order with the price inevitably restored. Was torn between this and a higher forerunner model as my wrists are puny, so there might yet be an instinct going spare – IF it turns up, and IF it’s too big for my wrist.</span>

toomba
    Free Member

Jimmy if you decide not to keep it I would be interested in purchasing it 👍

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 821 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.