Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 821 total)
  • PSA. Garmin instinct solar under £100
  • K

My account still says order is cancelled, I’m still going to check every other day.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Love red wine

Aidy
    Free Member

My order was cancelled.

Ordered late afternoon on Christmas day. Have about a dozen Garmin devices registered. Had an account for over a decade.

piemonster

Well, I could have done without the “Your opinion matters” email thanks Garmin.

Meh, that Wahoo watch looks better every day 🖕

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I received a “Your opinion matters” email too. I have replied with my opinion, also expressing the opinion that they will not respond to the issues I raised.

tonyf1
    Free Member

PayPal refund still saying pending this morning from the 7th January. They couldn’t even be bothered to refund by instant transfer. What a total shower.

Tracey

This gets even better. Got the cancellation from Garmin last week, paid by Paypal. However the way Garmin have paid it back to Paypal means it can be up to 10 working days for the payment to clear.
    Not a bad way of working with other peoples cash. Cant raise anything with Paypal till after the 10 working days.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I took up the 20% off apology offer, was supposed to be delivered yesterday…

P20

My PayPal refunded in 24hrs

5lab

my paypal is showing, but in ‘pending’ state. Ho hum..

5lab

so a whopping 20 days after they took it, the money is back to paypal. Of course its not back to my credit card yet, I assume thats another 3-5 working days..

Tracey

Mines the same, PayPal blaming Garmin for the way they have paid it back, something to do with an E cheque

tonyf1
    Free Member

Payment from Garmin only just cleared pending with PayPal after a whole week. I had a refund from another company and landed back same day. Garmin couldn’t even get the refund process right. No surprise given previous track record.

Probably going to stop using PayPal in future.

ta11pau1

Anyone else getting mild PTSD when this thread pops back to the top?

scotroutes

I believe the PTSE is due to be announced next week.

geomickb
    Free Member

Dunner worry the Instinct 2 will be out next week and there will be loads on sale.

piemonster

Ordered a headtorch from Darth Bezos yesterday, wrong thing arrived today.

Ive already been refunded.

My Garmin refund cleared yesterday.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The refund from Garmin has apparently landed in my Paypal account, but so far has not credited to the funding Credit Card. I have already had to settle the Credit Card bill, so I have now “paid” for it in real terms, despite the refund process having been put into action.

toomba
    Free Member

Out of interest how many on here actually received their Instinct’s??

JohnnyPanic

PayPal payment just refunded into my bank account yesterday.
    I couldn’t bring myself to buy direct from Garmin after that. So now have one through Blacks.
    When I placed the order the Blacks Topcashback was 16.8% before vat.
    When it hit the site it had changed to 10%…
    Topcashback terms says no payout on Garmin so we’ll see. Currently about £16 is pending.

Kryton57

Well, they are at it again – Instinct Solars available on a Valentines day deal…

piemonster

I was about to be annoyed….. again….as my new watch arrives tomorrow

But it’s down to £250 and not some amazeballs price

ta11pau1

Yeah £250 really isn’t anything special.

geomickb
    Free Member

I thought they were £190 at John Lewis.

Seriously, hold on. The V2 release is imminent.

ta11pau1

There’s some semi decent deals on the fenix 6 about, with the 7 having just released.

£290 for a std fenix 6, £400 for a solar.

https://www.gpsoutlet.co.uk/garmin-fenix-6-gps-heart-rate-monitor-watch-silver-black-strap.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAo4OQBhBBEiwA5KWu_7SEijkD3vQ8Cqht8avgNgmZY8Y73iumldHzzeHNIZIAtspH18OAORoCz3gQAvD_BwE if anyone is tempted by a fenix 6 for £290…

Rosss
    Free Member

Does anyone rate the Forerunner 245 as a biking watch? Seems to tick all the boxes I want; Not too bulky for daily use, music for running without a phone and GPS tracking for Strava on the bike.

ta11pau1

Does anyone rate the Forerunner 245 as a biking watch? Seems to tick all the boxes I want; Not too bulky for daily use, music for running without a phone and GPS tracking for Strava on the bike.

Got one and have been using it as my daily watch for the past 2 years.

It’s great as a general fitness watch, it’s specifically for running so does lack some cycling specific features, like no maps, can’t use a power meter, no altimeter, etc

If you just want to record a ride for which you don’t need navigation or any bike specific stuff (so just general metrics; speed, HR, elevation climbed etc) then it’s perfectly fine.

Battery life is about a week if not doing any GPS recording.

I’m tempted by a solar fenix 6 but I also will be buying an edge 530 soon so there would be a hell of a lot of overlap between them. Would be nice to have the MTB stuff on a watch though so I could choose which device to use… Hmm.

piemonster

Now that GPS Outlet deal is a good discount, even with that I’m still set on leaving Garmin having been annoyed consistently by their products and software.

Ill probably regret it (although I thought the Wahoo Elemnt (at release) was excellent apart from battery durability so who knows.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m still set on leaving Garmin having been annoyed consistently by their products and software.

Bee meaning to ask this obvious question since the great customer betrayal 😉

What are the alternatives to Garmin GPS watches? I ordered a Solar due to this thread, but didn’t get it. Unlike some of the mugs above, I’m refusing to give them the satisfaction of bouncing me onto a less good deal, but would vaguely like s watch that records Strava with an altimeter.

Who else makes them?

ta11pau1

Wahoo have their watch, Suunto, Polar also. Oh and the Apple watch.

Think that’s pretty much it for proper sports watches, IE not smart watches that do sports.

piemonster

Bee meaning to ask this obvious question since the great customer betrayal 😉

Being honest here.

But I’d planned to buy an alternative before the pricing error, I’d gone Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 225, Oregon 700 and never got on with any of them. Well, I mean they all annoyed me on a regular basis.

it is frankly, time to be disappointed by someone else.

stanstorey

This Instinct fiasco was the best outcome that happened in my sad little watch life…

I had taken delivery of a Fenix 6S Solar for £355 over Xmas from start fitness…then got over excited and ordered 2 x PSA Instincts.

Fenix died after a week…Instincts never turned up…bought a cheapy second hand Amazfit T-Rex pro thingy and its brilliant, screen clearer than the Fenix, software fine, has touch screen and buttons, does more than I’ll ever need, it’s bit cheap and plasticky but that means I don’t worry about it like I did with the Fenix.

Not sure i’ll bother with another expensive watch!

dannybgoode

Wahoo have their watch, Suunto, Polar also. Oh and the Apple watch.

Think that’s pretty much it for proper sports watches, IE not smart watches that do sports.

Apple are very much a smart watch and not a sports watch. Don’t forget Coros – some people swear by them, others at them…

loum
    Free Member

Coros is another, slightly newer, option. Good reviews on DCR.

But must admit, I like the sound of the new solar instinct 2. The rumours are that the solar charging and kids battery drain as up to “infinite” battery life. No charging.

Kryton57

The rumours are that the solar charging and kids battery drain as up to “infinite” battery life. No charging.

With 3 hours of direct outdoors sunlight exposure yes. Obviously here in the UK maybe it won’t be quite so infinite, but probably still impressive. I guess with the Vals day discount we know its mot coming out before the 14th, although a Feb release is also a rumour.

Roscoemck
    Free Member

It’s been a long time since I posted on STW.

I’ve been looking to replace my trusty old Garmin 920XT and am drawn to the Instinct solar. Couple of questions. For cycling, does it display speed/distance/tine etc on screen when road cycling or mountain biking? Same for running, does it display the metrics on screen?

Reason for asking was that i read a review that said you needed to add a Speed/Cadence sensor to get this.

ta11pau1

Yes, they’ll be able to display speed for biking and pace for running, you can choose from literally hundreds of data fields for each activity type.

Here’s a link to the full list for the instinct solar:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/GUID-A298EB1C-21D9-430F-8D06-A2CC74E5D5E9/EN-US/GUID-699E3561-FD40-4F11-818E-5359C807A6EC.html

Roscoemck
    Free Member

Perfect, thank you.

Somethings holding me back on this, perhaps because I don’t see it as a “traditional” sports watch, like i’ve had in the past. Don’t want to make a mistake, looking at the 935 and 735 as well.

thepodge
    Free Member

Are any of these watches particularly user friendly?

My mate just moved from a TomTom to Garmin and says it’s far more of a ball ache using it. Apparently the old one was select sport > go > stop > save where as the new one is 300 button presses longer.

ta11pau1

My mate just moved from a TomTom to Garmin and says it’s far more of a ball ache using it. Apparently the old one was select sport > go > stop > save where as the new one is 300 button presses longer.

Your mate probably just needs to get used to the OS.

On my forerunner 245 (it’ll be the same for 90% of Garmin watches) if I want to run I press the start/stop red button once to go to the activity menu, press it again to select run as it’s at the top of my list, wait for GPS lock, then press the same button to start.

To stop, press the same button, then I can choose to resume/stop/discard etc with a couple of button presses up or down.

Literally no more than 5 presses to do anything regarding activities, including scrolling through options.

Just had a look at the TomTom watches, they’re very basic which means practically any Garmin is going to have vastly more options, data, menus etc etc than his old watch. Once you’ve used it for a while it becomes easy.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 821 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.