Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 821 total)
  • PSA. Garmin instinct solar under £100
  • scotroutes

Customer Services Lesson 1: don’t let the customer hear you guffawing down the phone at them.

Kryton57

Lol!

On a prior occasion I had a great service from them, it just is a very rude attitude in this case.

xora

So anyway, I then referred him to the Consumer Act, and mentioned that Garmin have a legal obligation to sell me the watch at the advertised price.

They hung up as @scotroutes says as they were laughing at this. They are under no obligation!

Kryton57

They are under no obligation!

To be fair I don’t know either way, I was just trying it on. No loss.

xora

To be fair I don’t know either way, I was just trying it on. No loss.

I assume your a nice enough person, but you have to think that poor person has had 100+ of those loons from trust pilot on today!

Aidy
    Free Member

I did wonder if their previous email that shipment was delayed could be reasonably construed as accepting the contract, but is it really worth the hassle?

Kryton57

Ok, I did start with intent of just asking about my order, so yes I’m sorry to Jack I didnt think about that, that was a bit moronic of me. 🙁

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

That might be under an obligation if they have accepted a payment and sent out a receipt.

Look under “What happens if you don’t want to go ahead with the contract?”

You can refuse to complete a sale if you can demonstrate that a mistake has occurred and no contract has been made, but an “Order Confirmation” email would imply that a contract has been entered in to.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

A further twist. More fool me, I know, but I tried to cancel the one I ordered for £185 direct from Garmin after I found the Millets/Topcashback deal for £171.
    Of course, I can’t cancel now, the transaction is too far gone and I’ll just have to return it once it arrives.

bonzodog
    Free Member

A further twist. More fool me, I know, but I tried to cancel the one I ordered for £185 direct from Garmin after I found the Millets/Topcashback deal for £171.
    Of course, I can’t cancel now, the transaction is too far gone and I’ll just have to return it once it arrives.

Seems like a lot of hassle to save £14

jimmy

You can refuse to complete a sale if you can demonstrate that a mistake has occurred and no contract has been made, but an “Order Confirmation” email would imply that a contract has been entered in to.

So… We’re back on?

tonyf1
    Free Member

I blame 5Lab for this whole debacle.

I didn’t even know what an Instinct Watch was until Christmas Day and now I’m pondering buying one to avoid FOMO with a 20% discount. Does he work for Garmin? If so can I have my PayPal refund pretty please?

pondo

Holy breach of contract, Batman!

“If a confirmation or acceptance is automatically issued on receipt of an order, a binding contract has been formed and the supplier will be in breach of contract if they fail to deliver on the terms originally listed.”

– random law firm website

Selling goods online? When do you become legally bound to deliver?

longwayup
    Free Member

Don’t think they are in breach according to that website as it states

In order to avoid allegations from consumers that they have been misled, the supplier’s standard terms of business should set out the contractual process and make clear at what point the legally binding contract will be formed.

Garmin’s conditions for sale state
    2.3 Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will take place when we send you an email confirming that the products you have ordered are being shipped to you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have already cancelled it.

One for the legal bods on here but don’t think it would be worth the effort to fight

butcher

Surely a contract has been entered into at the point payment is taken?

twonks

Getting into contract breaches is a bit silly over a £100 watch that most of us didn’t even really need.

Life’s too short.

Anyway, I’ve sent them a quick email quoting the law and saying they are in breach of contract, together with a delivery date request. 🚀

pondo

Same, just to keep em busy, really.

Aidy
    Free Member

I think their T&Cs reasonably well cover that a contract isn’t established at point of payment, or order confirmation, but at shipping confirmation.

2.3 Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will take place when we send you an email confirming that the products you have ordered are being shipped to you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have already cancelled it.

… but, I think you could reasonably argue that their email stating that “shipment will be delayed” constitutes confirmation that the products ordered are being shipped to you. If not, the email would just have stated “order processing is delayed”, surely?

5lab

Unless you paid with PayPal they didn’t take payment. They only authorised payment, which is why for some people it disappeared

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Got the final cancellation email at 1am.

What will I spend my £96 on??????? Food or heating or something lame like that

fatoldgit

And PayPal refund arrived promptly here …. .
    No great heartache ….. Just need to keep looking for a suitable watch ….

5lab

Yeah PayPal and cancellation email here too. It was good whilst it lasted 🙂

bonzodog
    Free Member

Oh no. Does this mean we have to finally get on with our lives?

pondo

Well, THAT’S not gonna happen… 🙂

K

Got the cancellation email and its now been cancelled on the website, so looks like its really finally not going to happen. Or is it?

boombang
    Free Member

I did end up buying a different watch when this looked to be going sour.

Arrived yesterday but wife asked why I didn’t bask for it for Christmas instead of saying ‘nothing’.

Thinking back I didn’t even want one then, allured by the false-bargain I convinced myself I had to have one, and ended up spending a lot more doing so.

Garmin won.

soobalias
    Free Member

im pretty interested in these now

jimmy748

My £350 Fenix 6 Sapphire is apparently ready for Shipping and I have a UPS tracking number.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Order cancelled.

Didn’t really need it anyway.

Still an apology and brief explanation would of been nice.

I have 4 Garmins, 2 GPS and 2 bike computers, probably no more now. I’m sure they will survive.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Still an apology and brief explanation would of been nice.

Yeah, that might happen 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

A ha! The lesser spotted instinct solar! 😆

Tbh doesn’t do much different from my vivoactive 3 I guess, but the battery life is worth the upgrade, feels a lot more sturdy too mind, strap is much better, and I think I prefer the buttons over touch screen.

piemonster

**** you

seosamh77
    Free Member

haha 😆

Jordan

Certainly no delay with the one I ordered wednesday with the discount code. Had the shipping confirmation today.

demonracer

I still have a the non solar version mentioned a few pages back, £105 posted by special delivery of anyone is interested.

househusband

As someone that was fortunate (jammy) enough having placed an order and having received, in a quite timely manner, a Garmin Instinct I was musing whether there was a relationship or correlation between those that placed an order through having had a Garmin account (and other registered Garmin devices) and actually receiving them – and those that didn’t and subsequently haven’t..?

Just a random, gibberish thought fuelled by red wine…

w00dster

Nope, plenty of Garmin devices registered in my name. Ordered at 1930 on 25th December and cancelled.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Have an existing Garmin account, ordered v early on a blue one and got cancelled.
    Looking forward to the data analysis 👍

Tracey

Same here, had an account for years and have numerous Garmin devices registered.
    My order was at lunchtime christmas day. Money now back in my PayPal account

househusband

Looking forward to the data analysis 👍

I think that from the small pool of respondents it would already seem that there isn’t any correlation and the hypothesis was indeed nothing more than a random, gibberish thought fuelled by red wine…

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 821 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.