Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 821 total)
  • PSA. Garmin instinct solar under £100
  • P20

Got the email this morning (in my junk box) Enduro cancelled

Jordan

I got the dreaded email last night also, was half expecting it though so not too upset. Decided to take them up on the discount code so got an Instinct Solar ordered even though I didn’t think I needed one before this PSA.

bonzodog
    Free Member

10 of which would have been a lot of people’s Xmas shutdown.

You think a company with 4 billion turnover will have NO executives or management on call over Christmas? 🙂

Perhaps they couldn’t get a decent phone signal from their yatchs?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ta11pau1

So, the pending payment which disappeared a few days back, has now just been debited again, as a pending payment…

Maybe they’ve had thousands of complaints and are now honouring them?

Just when you thought it was safe to forget your Garmin order… They reel you back in again!!

btbb
    Free Member

I paid by debit card and had the transaction refunded on 2 Jan however for some reason Garmin have taken £95.99 from my account today. Perhaps they need the money!

bonzodog
    Free Member

They realise that make a bad call and have taken a guilt trip, deciding at the last minute to honour the orders.

Probably.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

What! You couldn’t make it up….

It’s also back on my RBS app too….

ta11pau1

Or their order cancellation process is so backwards it has to pre-authorise the payment again before they can cancel the order.

piemonster

I would go with ongoing cluster****

gobuchul
    Free Member

Well there is a pending transaction in my account today!

I ordered on Christmas Day.

boombang
    Free Member

Same here, new pending transaction on my credit card as of 6th, after the cancellation email on 5th, which was after being told the order was fine by customer service on 1st.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

Bought one anyway. 25% off seems like a good deal still so I’m not cutting my nose off to spite my face

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If I check order status it’s still at Order Received.

However the option to Cancel Order has now changed to Request a Return.

This Saga has more wrinkles than a temporal vortex!

willjones
    Free Member

Ordered a new watch (fenix) from blacks thanks to the PSA above… they’re now being very apologetic about delays. I wonder if they actually had stock or whether they too are relying on garmin… different watch, similar levels of er… excitement.

piemonster

However the option to Cancel Order has now changed to Request a Return.

Still cancel for me, they do actually have my money as well.

Going to need counselling after this extended trauma …..

sboardman

Mine was also showing as a new pending payment having disappeared yesterday. The link from the order had also swapped from “Cancel” to “Request a Refund”. Talking to our friend Jeremy on live chat he confirmed that my order had been cancelled and that the money can’t be actually debited from my account until the order is completed (which it won’t ever be). So I wouldn’t get your hopes up alas.

bonzodog
    Free Member

It’s like the bit after the end credits.

They’re doing a sequel!! 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I decided to get one anyway with the discount code. Then I read the most recent comments and checked my bank account, you couldn’t make this up.

mrb123
    Free Member

@willjones FYI my Blacks order been dispatched today apparently.

piemonster

Tbh, the prices on Blacks look pretty decent for the Fenix watches

mrb123
    Free Member

The almost 16% cashback for Blacks via quidco is still available too.

w00dster

Yeah just noticed on my banking app that Garmin have taken £108 from my account earlier today…..24 hours after receiving the email to say they had cancelled the order.
    I don’t mind the fact that they cancelled, mistakes happen. I did want one but knew it didn’t seem right. Bit annoyed though that they’ve gone and cocked up again re-taking the payment.

I imagine the Trusted Reviews servers are going to collapse later today….going to be some angry people about!!

jimmy748

The almost 16% cashback for Blacks via quidco is still available too.

Except it doesn’t apply to Garmin products, same as Top Cashback

ta11pau1

Aaaand just had notification that I’ve been paid £95.99 – IE the reservation has been removed.

My god will this never end 🤣

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

TrustPilot Garmin rating down to 1.6 now from 1.8 yesterday.
    How low will it go?

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.garmin.com

seosamh77
    Free Member

dickyhepburn
    Free Member
    TrustPilot Garmin rating down to 1.6 now from 1.8 yesterday.
    How low will it go?

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.garmin.com

People raging they didn’t get to bump Garmin. 😆

mrb123
    Free Member

@jimmy748 – the cashback has tracked for me in my Quidco account. Even if it doesn’t ultimately get paid the price was pretty decent with the 10% off code.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

People raging they didn’t get to bump Garmin.

🤣

Does anyone ever actually use trustpilot? 🤣

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Does anyone ever actually use trustpilot

No, I tend to go by Instinct.

IGMC

jimmy748

Provided it turns up and isn’t another pricing error, I’m happier with this deal than the Enduro.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Just so I’m understanding this correctly….

Some of you paid Garmin (let’s say) £96 on christmas day for a solar instinct.

Yesterday, you got the email to announce they’d dropped a bollock and have cancelled your order.

Today, Garmin took another £96 out of your account?

Is that right?

I ask, cos I paid by paypal and I got the cancelled email last night, but the £96 still hasn’t been refunded to my paypal account. BUT I havent been charged again.

ta11pau1

Nearly, but change ‘took £96 out of your account’ to ‘pre-authorised £96 from your account’

No money actually ever left my account, only a pending payment on the 25th for a week, and again today for a couple of hours.

Tracey

My PayPal hasn’t been refunded. I did wonder that if enough people opened a dispute in line with PayPal terms how much of a problem it would cause

bonzodog
    Free Member

Nearly, but change ‘took £96 out of your account’ to ‘pre-authorised £96 from your account’

No money actually ever left my account, only a pending payment on the 25th for a week, and again today for a couple of hours.

Ahh, gotcha, cheers.

bonzodog
    Free Member

My PayPal hasn’t been refunded. I did wonder that if enough people opened a dispute in line with PayPal terms how much of a problem it would cause

So those of us that chose to use paypal are the ones that have been out of pocket for 2 weeks (and counting)

piemonster

So far yes

longwayup
    Free Member

I ordered on Xmas day and paid on my credit card via PayPal with the payment taken straight away and order is still processing with no cancellation email received yet. Odds on getting anything from Garmin seem slim at the moment.

Kryton57

I ask, cos I paid by paypal and I got the cancelled email last night, but the £96 still hasn’t been refunded to my paypal account. BUT I havent been charged again.

Same for me and the only communication I’ve had from Garmin is the Cancellation email, my order status still shows “order recieved”. I am sitting here waiting for a response from Jack…

bonzodog
    Free Member

I ordered on Xmas day and paid on my credit card via PayPal with the payment taken straight away and order is still processing with no cancellation email received yet. Odds on getting anything from Garmin seem slim at the moment.

Same for me and the only communication I’ve had from Garmin is the Cancellation email, my order status still shows “order recieved”. I am sitting here waiting for a response from Jack…

Yep, same.

Kryton57

Ok so here’s what Jack says;

All unfulfilled orders will be credited due to the “technical error”. No one is getting an Instinct at £96/£108. Those that have were becuase some were sent out before Garmin realised the error had occurred.

Lucky for them, unlucky for the rest of us.

So anyway, I then referred him to the Consumer Act, and mentioned that Garmin have a legal obligation to sell me the watch at the advertised price. At this point, he promptly cut me off with a “this conversation has ended” message!

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 821 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New deal added to Members Discounts