• This topic has 804 replies, 148 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by 5lab.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 805 total)
  • PSA. Garmin instinct solar under £100
  • 5lab

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/679335/pn/010-02293-00

Normally well over £200 everywhere. Absolute steal

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Crikey, rather bargainous!

Clink

Was looking at one of these for my birthday- ordered! Thank you 🙂

5lab

It’s cheap enough that I’d be surprised if they don’t cancel due to a pricing error, but you never know

gobuchul
    Free Member

Ordered. Many thanks.

Tracey

Ordered thanks.

Riksbar

Ordered as well, they also have the tactical ones at a bigger discount.

jimmy

Been eyeing these up so ordered one, thanks!

househusband

Bought one, many thanks @5lab

Aidy
    Free Member

Enduro also seems like a good price at £240

dannybgoode

Proper bargain that. I have no need for an Instinct but tempted nonetheless 🙂

piemonster

Ordered, I’ve an ageing Forerunner in need of replacement so that’s a great PSA thank you

seosamh77

Aye, I’ll be having one. 😆

matt_outandabout

+1 here

Vortexracing

and here, nice Chrimbo pressie

cheers
    OP.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Enduro also seems like a good price at £240

Fenix 7 and it’s derivatives are about to drop. Suspect much expensive stock needs shifting.

Mintyjim

Ordered! Thanks 5lab.
    I bought the tactical for a few quid more, no idea what extra it gives you but I’m sure it suits my pseudo outdoorsy image more…

littledave
    Free Member

Cool, good shout.
    Can anyone confirm whether the Instinct Solar can display position in OS grid?
    I am 99% sure it can, this is a key feature for me.
    Thanks!!

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Awesome. Been looking at gps/heart rate watches for a while. Mainly a garmin or an Apple Watch. However price has always stopped me. However at this price, it is almost equivalent to some cheap Chinese watches. (Tic watch / amazfit)

Plus my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Jordan

As someone who has never had a smart/fitness watch I don’t really know why I need one but they do seem useful. Was comparing with the Enduro watch which seems to have a lot more features, much greater battery life.

Would it be worth spending over twice as much for the Enduro? I see it has more specific mtb features.

aide

Great PSA, thanks 5lab. Been looking at this watch for a wee while but pondering over the price of it/is it worth it for what I’ll use it for. Have just texted my g/f to order the tactical version (it’s still cheap, wasn’t really looking at it before but now makes sense I feel) as payday is still a week away for me. Christmas present to myself I think

Aidy
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm whether the Instinct Solar can display position in OS grid?

I don’t think it can, I don’t think it’s a native data field for Garmin, and I don’t think the Instinct range does Connect IQ.

5lab

For those wondering, afaik the only difference in the tactical one is it has a parachute mode, and the surf one has tide times and a surf mode. If you don’t use any of those, the normal one is fine. No hardware changes I’m aware of.

Battery life on the solar is great. I charge mine once a week with probably 10 hours of exercise and 24/7 heartbeat, Bluetooth and step counting. Last summer I did a sunnyish 17 hour ride and it still showed 13 hours of tracking available.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Instinct will do OS grid as the ‘position format’ I think it’s part of the nav settings. Been looking at these for a while but have to consider if want the ‘new’ versions out in new year. But this price!

grum
    Free Member

If anyone wants a not-much-used Fenix 5 I have one gathering dust – happy to take offers for it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t think it can, I don’t think it’s a native data field for Garmin, and I don’t think the Instinct range does Connect IQ.

It won’t display in a data field, but if you hold in the GPS button during an activity, it’ll display position, and this can be set up to show ‘British grid’.

ta11pau1

Cheers, already got a forerunner 245 music but use it all the time, flame red instinct solar ordered!

yiman
    Free Member

Thanks! Great PSA.

branwell
    Free Member

Big thank you to 5lab. Just ordered the tactical version. 😊

Caher

Thanks OP, shiny new watch on the way.

colournoise

Was looking at one of these as a New Year pressie to myself anyway to replace my old Vivoactive, but at that price couldn’t not get it as A Christmas Day gift instead.

mogrim

F*****s when I get to checkout they detect I’m in Spain and apply the Spanish price 🙁

P20

Enduro ordered!! Vivoactive3 to be appearing in the classifieds at some point

ico86

Yup, bloody great PSA. Thanks

5lab

F*****s when I get to checkout they detect I’m in Spain and apply the Spanish price

@mogrim
    if you have a British phone and you’re using WiFi just turn WiFi off and the IP detection will pop you up as a British up address

Obviously if you’re shipping to Spain it probably doesn’t help

fatoldgit

Great PSA .. thanks
    I’ve been looking for something similar for a while so this is great timing

🤞 it’s not a pricing error or sold out and it arrives

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks OP
    Ordered Surf edition..
    Hopefully its not too big for my skinny wrist..

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Thanks, been after one for tracking a 1200 Mile walk I’m planning

neila

@ta11pau1, I’m the same and am trying hard not to buy a yellow one. This was a bad PSA, I don’t really need another GPS watch but that is a proper bargain!

mogrim

Obviously if you’re shipping to Spain it probably doesn’t help

All Spanish sadly.

Might try to enlist a mate’s help, though…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 805 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.