• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ahsat.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA Garmin Fenix 5 £375
  • ahsat

At Millets https://m.millets.co.uk/product/fluorescent-garmin-fenix-5-multi-sport-gps-watch/089610/

I’ve been looking for a new watch, and as a lady, the 5 is going to be too big for me, so I’ve picked up a 5s at Wiggle for £399, but thought that Millets deal might be of interest to some here .

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Good spot. Just ordered one! Thanks

ahsat

No worries.

mogrim

Great watch, love mine!

guitarhero
    Free Member

Anyone upgraded from a 3? I have a 3HR Sapphire that I really like but am tempted at this price. Worth upgrading?

henderson
    Free Member

I think Garmin Fenix 3 is really similar and garmin fenix 5 more expensive than fenix 3.

ahsat

At the moment there is only about £50 between the two (depending where you get it). For me, the 3 didn’t work as an idea as they don’t do a small version. Had my 5S a few days now – can’t use it in anger due to my knee – but impressed so far. A very big step up from my VA1!!

bigbloke
    Free Member

How quickly does it upload or sync activities with your phone etc?

ahsat

I’ve got the none WiFi version so does it via Bluetooth. Sync is a lot better than on my old Garmin, but I have found I’ve needed still remind the phone/watch occasionally after an activity (just because they aren’t syncing constantly), but then it does it in seconds (including to Strava). Notifications come through straight away.

andykentos
    Free Member

I have a 5s sapphire and i love it.  Uploads through the house wireless superfast, easily before i have sorted my life out after a bike ride.

siwhite
    Free Member

Guitarhero – I might be interested in your 3 if you do upgrade…

convert

Has anyone got the 5x? Trying to work out if the map function is usable or a gimmick. You do have to have a helipad on your wrist for that version.

I’ve been tempted by a fenix 5 for a while but that offer one is the standard non sapphire glass version without wifi. And a dodgy coloured strap you’d have to buy a replacement for. A good price for a stupid expensive bit of kit but I think I’d be frustrated by the not have all the bells and whistles.

durhambiker
    Free Member

I’ve got the 5X, and got it for the mapping. Used it a few times and it has been genuinely useful. I also wear the watch daily and it doesn’t feel huge. My only complaint is the strap is crap and the buckle rubs.

Sandwich

Some may be a little upset but Handtec currently have the Fenix 5 multi-sport on at under £340, though you have to click the reduction 21% banner to get this price in the shopping basket

vinnyeh

Some may be a little upset but Handtec currently have the Fenix 5 multi-sport on at under £340, though you have to click the reduction 21% banner to get this price in the shopping basket

What banner? Showing at 336, but as soon as you add it to the cart it adds on vat, taking it to 408.

Sandwich

Looks like the offer expired as the banner did say time limited.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i purchased one, thanks OP, can’t beat a friday impulse purchase!!!

dskelly81
    Free Member

I found the Fenix 5 too big.  Ended up buying the newer Vivoactive 3 which does almost everything the 5 does but is way cheaper. Only penalty is that the battery life isn’t a long but that ain’t too big an issue.

grum
    Free Member

Interested in the 5X too for the maps but can’t work out if it would be too big until trying it for a while I don’t think

Andyhilton
    Free Member

@siwhite. Picked up my 5 today so I have a 3 going cheap if guitar hero hasn’t sorted you out!

boardsi
    Free Member

I am looking for a Fenix 3 if this is still available ?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Is there any way to justify owning a Fenix and an Edge?

ahsat

Is there any way to justify owning a Fenix and an Edge?

I do. The Edge is for route that need a decent map etc and long rides. The Fenix is for walking, running, ease of use, HR (without the uncomfortable strap) etc.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA Garmin Fenix 5 £375’ is closed to new replies.