PSA: Frank Williams Documentary On iPlayer

• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by  Houns.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Frank Williams Documentary On iPlayer
  • Premier Icon the-muffin-man
    Subscriber

Got this recorded – reviews have been very good.

Another PSA for those with Netflix…

Drive to Survive series of 2018 season to air on Netflix in March

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

It’s brilliant. Be warned, your living room will get very dusty by the end…

oldschool

The book by his wife Virginia is very good also. I’ve been told I have/show no emotion, but Frank takes it to another level.

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

is this the one that was on last year sometime?

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

It’s a fabulous documentary.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou
    Subscriber

The book by his wife Virginia is very good also. I’ve been told I have/show no emotion, but Frank takes it to another level.

Caught the end of this on BBC2 the other night, his daughter’s reading from her dead mum’s book, in tears, and he’s there, stony mcstoneface.

Need to watch the whole thing.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

stony mcstoneface.

You need to watch the whole thing. Thats not even the worst display of it…

pondo

He is not of the generation or personality type, or lived a life that would encourage him to display his emotions in public. Williams were the team I supported as a youngster and I’ll always carry a candle for them, I look forward to watching this.

It’s brilliant. Be warned, your living room will get very dusty by the end…

Just finished it now – you’re not kidding about the dust.

I knew almost nothing about the guy, glad I watched it, good documentary.

Premier Icon Moe
    Subscriber

He’s a unique character (as we all are) who nobody should judge unless they’ve experienced his life …. or possibly, been affected by his actions.

dannyh

Fantastic documentary with some intriguing characters. Well worth a watch.

redmex

I liked it too being a motor racing fan, quite a complex family, can’t see the sister and brother exchanging xmas cards again

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

can’t see the sister and brother exchanging xmas cards again

Not sure if I just missed what caused this, but why the animosity?

Not sure if I just missed what caused this, but why the animosity?

The way the documentary portrayed it she got the Team Principle Job and he got a token management role as a glorified storeman in their Heretage Warehouse with one member of staff.

I suspect that might not be 100pc fair, but clearly the root cause was her getting the top job instead of him.

The way the film portrayed it I think they’re in the right roles. 🙂

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Oh yeah I got that, but it seemed as though Claire is the one that harboured most of the animosity, I couldn’t work out why.

Oh yeah I got that, but it seemed as though Claire is the one that harboured most of the animosity, I couldn’t work out why.

Ahh, I thought the animosity was mainly from him and she was sad about it. I probably got the signals wrong, I usually do!

Kato

“Ahh, I thought the animosity was mainly from him and she was sad about it. I probably got the signals wrong, I usually do!”

That’s how I saw it as well

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Having discussed it with mrsTH, it’s probably me who has missed it. He laughed it off on camera, but Claire is lamenting the loss of relationship that I imagine he’s caused, though envy.

Houns

Just watched it, certainly think Frank and his Son are fellow ASD’ers. Have to disagree with some comments above, he did show some emotion at the end and certainly had a tear in his eye

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.