Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • PSA: Frame Bearings How Not
  • oikeith

Found this one quite funny to watch too, Adam Brayton and Elliot Heap: https://youtu.be/_PhxEaW551A

Nice use of a hammer in this!

pimpingimp
    Free Member

I follow Harry Main on Instagram, he’s a funny guy and an amazing rider so worth a watch – we’ve all done dumb stuff with bikes and I’ve struggled with bearings the same way he has, but having used a tiny punch I managed to get mine out of the back of an enduro only leaving the outer shell in place… that was a pain!

My biggest issue with him is that now he’s got an AXS Reverb he runs the battery at the front with his saddle pointing skyward claiming it avoids tyre contact when he bottoms out. I don’t believe that and think he just got it wrong, but he’s a bmxer so it’s understandable he doesn’t know how to set a saddle up.

greeny30
    Free Member

He managed to index his gears, yeah off camera and after plenty head scratching no doubt, obviously had to stop filming, googled how to index then had another go, the point is he should google stuff first to prevent writing off parts. As mentioned above, over tightening a bolt then checking if the torque is right is simply backward, mentally and physically.

oikeith

Damn this forum for putting his videos back in the algorithm, but new video yesterday, some competent spannering but then runs his reverb backwards

endomick
    Free Member

I must have fast forwarded the competent spannering bit 😀, forgetting the crown race and butchering his steerer even with the proper tools stuck in my mind, Sam Pilgrims steerer probably looks better and he uses the pavement as a file.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Frame Bearings How Not’ is closed to new replies.