PSA: Fox Kashima RP23 190X51 £138 on CRC

Home Forum Bike Forum PSA: Fox Kashima RP23 190X51 £138 on CRC

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • PSA: Fox Kashima RP23 190X51 £138 on CRC
  • Be aware! My friend bought a said to be kashima shock off crc recently and everything from the description and picture you would think you will get a kashima shock turns out they are selling the factory evo shocks not kashima ones!

Well that’s utter bollocks. Mine turned up this AM. Nice Kashima coat, and even got the XV version when I thought I was getting a standard can. Even cam with nice bushings already fitted. Thanks CRC. Twonk.

BillyBull

Anybody measured the tophats to see what size these came with? Have one on the way.

BillyBull

Neiloxford can you bung me an email as want to send you some info for the shock and the turner. My address is in my profile. Thanks

ACDC_Cove

They are Medium/Medium – Appear to be OE models as it came in a clear plastic bag not the material one, comes with a manual and that’s it as I have purchased one! 🙂

If your bike has 190mm x 51mm what are you waiting for?! 🙂

I thought they were meant to go down 15% every day at 11am? They have not today 🙄

Still a great price though.

Wibble89

chestrockwell – Member

I thought they were meant to go down 15% every day at 11am? They have not today

Still a great price though.

Read and you will find out…did you think it was for eternity?

Ok smart arse, calm down. Yes I did read it and yes, I’m thick as I thought today was 31st. I’m a day behind.

campfreddie

the 5-spot shock dimension is actually 190.5mm x 50.8mm so i think 190 x 51 is basically one of the same (ie. 7.5″ x 2″ which is how the Americans would measure it)

campfreddie

i’ve just ordered one… will see what it is like when it arrives…

scruff

Billy Bull, mine was fitted with 1no. 22x8mm. As it fitted my frame I considered it a bonus.

BillyBull

Will have to check as mine is for turner which takes different top hats.

godzilla

Mine turned up today, 2x 6×22 bushes.

lcj

Seemed too good to turn down, even if it needs bushes and top hats. Thanks for the heads up OP, just need to endure CRC postal services now!

campfreddie

i’m totally green to all this talk about top hats and bushes…

can i take the relevant items from my existing RP23 shock without hurting the shock (as i would then want to sell that on)?

cheers

campfreddie

i’m going to keep my fingers crossed that mine arrives with 6×22 bushes as these are what’s needed on the turner… if they are 8×22, i’m a bit stuffed… lol

shifter

Top thread! Just ordered new shocks for both my sussers 🙂

BillyBull

Yes you can move them from one to another but need a special tool. Bike shop should have one. If you go to FAQ page at turner they advise on what settings for rp23.

Rickos

Spotted this yesterday by pure fluke as I was after a new chainring and some grips. I was going to go the Monarch RT3 route with TF for £200, but this was too much of a bargain. Might bob it straight off to LoCo before I ride it.

remoterob

Was tempted, but Turner seem to have moved away from the RP23 model to the RL as I guess they don’t like Propedal. Once correctly tuned, that’s £180 spent on a pretty coating, which could’ve been put towards a coil shock.

Blower

could do with 200mm x 57mm?

ti456neal

I ordered one few weeks back when I thought I was getting a bargain at £228, but was a bit green when I saw what prices they banging them out for now!

No issues with mine, arrived with 22mm top hats and in full kashima splendidness! 8)

BillyBull

You were still able to get the rp23 as upgrade. Not that they don’t like pro pedal just that they don’t need it. Just leave it off. New kashima shock at that price has got to be worth it.

walla24

ahem…. LOCO:
    if i bought one could you increase the shock length to fit my 200x50mm santa cruz xc.1 2005 pretty please?

BillyBull

With people getting these with different top hats etc. We should start a swap shop. Always good to have spares mounting kits that fit 🙂

flattyre

Anyone know how I can work out if the tune on these is right for me please (Intense 5.5 EVP, 13.5 stone)?

Cheers

campfreddie

great idea.

can i have first refusal on any 22×6’s!

ACDC_Cove

Just use your old mounting hardware if it comes with the wrong type!
    The bushes should be the item that wears not the mounting top hats!

wrecker

Took the plunge. Ordered yesterday AM, arrived this morning!
    Off to LOCO next!

jimr80

Another 5 spot here, shock ordered last night 😀
    Looks like Loco will have a few to do now.

godzilla

I have some 6×22’s looking for 8×22’s if anyone fancy a a swap pm me.

Rickos

Mine arrived today. It’s a medium velocity and medium rebound, which is ok, but its a high volume can ffs!

Never mind…

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Is that any good for a five? Can see what turns up on Monday and do a mleh swap

Rickos

I preferred the low volume can on my 5. Seemed to hold better in the mid stroke.

Or something. 🙂

BillyBull

Mine came today and even had right top hats on! Now if only I didn’t have child care 🙁 already on the turner and ready to go

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

So can a 190mm be turned down to 165mm?

theupsetter

has anyone fitted one of these straight on to a 5?

Superficial

Swapping the air cans off a different shock is pretty straightforward.

gusamc

dagnabbit – close – anybody wanna swap – I have a pair of 22×6 mounts and need a pair of 22×8 – mail in profile ((*edit reqd) chers

campfreddie

mine should arrive tomorrow and i need 6mm mounts, so if i have 8mm, i’ll give you a shout pdq!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Fox Kashima RP23 190X51 £138 on CRC’ is closed to new replies.