Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA for those of you on Vodafone – no more unlimited data
  • Jamie
    Free Member

O2 > Voda.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive just moved to Voda from O2. O2 are the biggest shambles of a corporate organisation in the UK. How they havent collapsed into a pooey spiral of their own fragmented ruins I have no idea.

There's almost no integration of their retail, online retail, corporate, technical, billing or customer service. Just lots of little silo kingdoms of uselessness.

wrightyson
    Free Member

**** sharks!!!

Drac

Oooh so I can cancel my contract and keep my iPhone sweet.

Then again I really like Vodafone they've been excellent all the years I've been with them and given I hardly go near my download allowance it doesn't effect em anyway.

Drac

Read it some more, there never was unlimited Data it was 500mb they just didn't penalise if you went over by a little bit. Now it seems they will if you go over, it may be hard to cancel based on your going over the agreed limit of your contract.

vinnyeh

according to a statement issued by Voda, on their forums, if the new policy increases your bill by 10% or more over the month prior to it's introduction, then they'll accept there's grounds for cancellation.
    Cue a lot of large file downloads this month.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This is why I don't have a smartphone that remains permanently connected, i'd rack up huge bills!

freddyg
    Free Member

[Quote]…..there never was unlimited Data it was 500mb…… [/quote]

True, but it was being sold as 'unlimited'

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Vodafone are such utter ****!

Their network is rubbish, I get dropped calls all the time and when I can talk to someone the line is completely silent until anyone speaks, then you get a load of static in the background. Which means if there's silence for more than a second you think the line has gone dead again.

Their customer service is appalling, they don't reply to messages, don't call you back, and make it impossible to cancel a contract in a timelly manor.

Their website is utter rubbish, until yesterday I've never been able to get the bill payment section to work, it always just says that it isn't available. Then when you ring their automated payment system it switches from key pad input to voice command halfway through. Voice command doesn't work, so it takes 30mins of repeat calls to pay a bill.

They've just (finally) cancelled a contract of mine, it was supposed to go pay as you go, but it is now dead. Thanks for that.

Now they want to properly cancel my 'unlimited' data plan and cap me at 500mb. I don't know what I use, but it will be more than that each month.

Due tot he above and their general attitude to their customers, if I can extricate myself from this shower of shite, on the grounds of them removing the cap, I will.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

when i first saw this headline this morning i thought it was going to be one of those, "it's no longer 500mb, vodafone have got their act together and are now offering more in line with other providers". can't believe they are now making it a hard limit. i have only been vodafone for a few weeks so have a long time left on the contract and this won't make it easy to keep under control.

for anyone on android, there is an app called 3g watchdog that keeps a track of your usage and warns you when you are getting close to your limit (and free!).

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I've heard that Virgin have to pay T-mobile around £10/Gig wholesale for their data!
    Fingers crossed O2 don't get as equally eggy as vodafone

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA for those of you on Vodafone – no more unlimited data’ is closed to new replies.