• This topic has 104 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • PSA for the knuckle draggers
  • Houns

Yes you Men, you who always moan “I’m a Man, when’s our day” when it’s international Women’s day. What are you doing to celebrate?

maccruiskeen

I’m going to visit a urinal in Fleet Services

Houns

I’ll see you there

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m going to stand at a urinal in Fleet services.

The one right behind maccruiskeen.

I plan on deliberately pissing on his leg.

I’m just a bastard like that. It’s all the testosterone.

hols2
    Free Member

WTF is a urinal?

gobuchul
    Free Member

For some it’s the sink in aircraft toilets.

wwaswas

I’m going to reflect on the fact that suicide is the biggest cause of death among men under 50 in the UK and think what I can do in the way I behave to try and help men to open up about their feelings and find ways to deal with them that aren’t so destructive to both themselves and others.

Anyway, back to the piss jokes.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The shoes of some asshat who’s done you wrong?

Cougar

Same thing I do every day, Pinky.  Plan to take over the world!

funkmasterp

I’m doing nothing as it’s International Women’s Day. Considering it’s white man day for the other 364 I think it’s only fair.

bearnecessities

Considering your username, I hoped for better.

legend
    Free Member

Just going to wait for the inevitable geetee thread

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’m going to spend time with my two boys explaining to them why it’s important to be just, considerate, loving, expressive and resiliant; tyhat they should always look after others and aspsire to be better than they are. I’m going to explain to them that anyone who uses the term ‘white male priviledge’ or ‘toxic masculinity’ to them is a bigot and that they should ignore them as such. I’m going to tell them that equality of opportunity is the foundation of a fair and just society but equality of outcome is a political nonsense that cannot lead to anything good.

<edit> and as if by magic….

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think they’d probably prefer an Xbox

Nico
    Free Member

An xybox?

maccruiskeen

I’ll see you there

I’m going to stand at a urinal in Fleet services.

The one right behind maccruiskeen.

Its good to know you guys have got my back

I’m going to reflect on the fact that suicide is the biggest cause of death among men under 50 in the UK

it’ll task a bit of digging as its quite an old episode – but the Freakenomics episode on suicide is a real eye open

fasthaggis

I am going to try and be more Glasvegas.

When the sparkle evades your soul
    I’ll be at your side to console
    When you’re standing on the window ledge
    I’ll talk you back, back from the edge
    When you say that I’m no good and you feel like walking
    I need to make sure you know it’s just the prescription talking
    When your feet decide to walk you on the wayward side
    Climbing up upon the stairs and down the downward slide
    I will turn, I will turn your tide
    Do all that I can to heal you inside
    I will be the angel on your shoulder
    My name is ………, I’m your social worker

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I agree with GeeTee, except that as the system is nit in equilibrium a slight shift towards equality of outcome is desirable.

For example our political system is full of men who studied PPE at Cambridge 40 years ago. If you want equal representation in parliament then you have to accept less qualified women.

Ok PPE is probably a fairly useless qualification for governing in the real world, but you could apply that point to any job. There will always be people who lacked an opportunity in the past who are just as capable in the present.

And making it about men, “we” (as the non property owning classes) didn’t get the vote until 1918, and 100 years later the system is still stacked with Etonians and old money. Even if you started at the bottom today encourageing true equality amongst kids, it would be 60 years before parliment and the FTSE100 boards looked like the rest of Britain.

GrahamS

I’ll be doing manly man stuff like picking up the kids from ballet, making dinner, doing the laundry, bathing the kids, putting them to bed and reading them stories.

Hear me roar.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m going to explain to them that anyone who uses the term ‘white male priviledge’ or ‘toxic masculinity’ to them is a bigot and that they should ignore them as such.

Indoctrination over Critical thinking, can’t see how any of that can go wrong.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll put the kettle on, someone buy the biscuits.

perchypanther
    Free Member

This seems like a lot of trouble just to celebrate World Toilet Day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46259035

Houns

You’ve just read the same guardian article as I have.

geetee1972
    Free Member

And making it about men, “we” (as the non property owning classes) didn’t get the vote until 1918

I have never understood why this fact is never mentioned; why do we always talk about female sufferage rather than universal sufferage?

I agree with GeeTee, except that as the system is nit in equilibrium a slight shift towards equality of outcome is desirable.

I also agree with this; the system is not quite in equilibrium but we aren’t far off and as long as we don’t think equilibrium has to be 50/50 in all aspects of society, we will be just fine.

Indoctrination over Critical thinking, can’t see how any of that can go wrong.

It will be in the same lesson as why judging anyone solely on the basis of their gender, race, sexuality, ethnicity, age etc is the very basis for bigotry and facism.

senorj

I’ll ask the missus to put the bins out.

weeksy

I’m going to spend time with my two boys explaining to them why it’s important to be just, considerate, loving, expressive and resiliant; tyhat they should always look after others and aspsire to be better than they are. I’m going to explain to them that anyone who uses the term ‘white male priviledge’ or ‘toxic masculinity’ to them is a bigot and that they should ignore them as such. I’m going to tell them that equality of opportunity is the foundation of a fair and just society but equality of outcome is a political nonsense that cannot lead to anything good

I was hoping you’d copied and pasted it from Cosmo or Womans Weekly…

But now i’m thinking not.

You must be a blast in the pub…. Were you that dad on Lego Masters last week who was telling his daughter off all the time ?

Stoner
    Free Member

*scratches balls. sniffs fingers*

geetee1972
    Free Member

You must be a blast in the pub…. Were you that dad on Lego Masters last week who was telling his daughter off all the time ?

My friends like me and two sons think I’m a hero.

How do your kids feel about you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My friends like me and two sons think I’m a hero.

Did you tell them to think that?

perchypanther
    Free Member

That’s the sort  of dedication and training that earned Stoner a place on the Paralympic Fingering team.

teethgrinder

Ayasss, that knacked.  You could at least have cut your nails.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Did you tell them to think that?

You really don’t like me do you buddy! ;o)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just your ideas…. you did say you had told them what to think today already, and to assume anyone who disagrees is a bigot.

But hey off you go, it’s a good day to think about what is really happening in the world at the moment, promote health and mental well being.

geetee1972
    Free Member

you did say you had told them what to think today already

Well I only told them why the terms ‘white male priviledge’ and ‘toxic masculinity’ were based on bigotry; everything else was a lesson in why it was important to be something other than that. I think you have misconstrued what I said; I would always underline the importance of being able to think critically for yourself and make up your own mind. That is incredibly important.

As for what ideas you don’t like, I don’t get that, really i cannot fathom why you would have a problem with anything I have said in this thread so far – I’m trying to underline the importance of what it means to be a good person; a good man. Why on earth would you have a problem with that?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i cannot fathom why you would have a problem with anything I have said in this thread so far

It’s the underlying stuff from all your previous threads which flows into this one. It’s hard not to read it in isolation.

Anyway, said my bit and really nothing more to add than hasn’t been said in all the other threads you start.

Bimbler
    Free Member

i cannot fathom why you would have a problem with anything I have said in this thread so far

Trolling imo, waiting to see if you bite, obviously we need more “debates” about womens/mens rights

kennyp
    Free Member

I’m going to leave the toilet seat up.

AlexSimon

I’m really confused and don’t know what to do. But as I have bad hair every day I’m more tempted by a Rola Cola:

AlexSimon

Oooh – and look at what joy tomorrow brings!
    https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/2018/11/20/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trolling imo, waiting to see if you bite, obviously we need more “debates” about womens/mens rights

To answer that directly, denying white male privilege exists before considering anything is dangerous. Telling you kids anyone who supports the idea that it exists are bigots is a fairly inflammatory statement. that was what the response was too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘PSA for the knuckle draggers’ is closed to new replies.