Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • PSA for the Guy Martin fans
  • birky
    Free Member

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-guy-in-india
    ‘Guy Martin sets off on a 1000-mile motorbike trip, exploring a rarely-seen side of modern India’
    Sunday 9pm

Harry_the_Spider

Mega. They’re the boys. They don’t mess about.

twang
    Free Member

Mega, mega. They’re the boys, they’re the boys. They don’t mess about, they don’t mess about. FTFY

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bet he won’t be able to get a proper cup of tea, though. Chief. Mega.

somafunk

Pah!…..1000miles?……he’s a lightweight 😉 (the only time in my life when i can say i have went one better than Guy) …… I’ve been to that same market in Dehli 12 years ago and also bought an Enfield then had it stripped and rebuilt with additional racks for our kit then spent 6 months racking up 7000miles+ round India, Kashmir with accidental incursion into Pakistan – oops! and Nepal.

Prob best time of my life, would love to do it again.

Should be a cracking program, i wonder he’ll get on with the enfield?- i hope he’s went for the 500cc version as the 350cc is a weedy lump.

Kryton57

Bet he won’t be able to get a proper cup of tea, though. Chief. Mega.

Guess where Tea comes from…

Drac

Oooh Top Gear than that.

Guess where Tea comes from

A shrub.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Durrrr. It comes from PG Tips in little bags. Proper brew. Mega. Chief.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Boss.Chief.Boss.Chief.Grand.Watter.Mega.

redstripe
    Free Member

I thought most comes from East Africa these days

zippykona

People die doing that.

revs1972
    Free Member

Originated in China I think you might find

edlong
    Free Member

i wonder he’ll get on with the enfield?- i hope he’s went for the 500cc version as the 350cc is a weedy lump.

This is Guy Martin we’re talking about?

Drac

Originated in China I think you might find

I thought he was from Yorkshire.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

He’s not from Yorkshire,Lincolnshire.
    He’s cramming it all in,Strathpuffer the other weekend,Dainese stand at the Italian bike show last weekend & fitting on trucks all week.I wonder if he’ll strip down the Enfield why he’s there?

pegglet
    Free Member

love the guy Guy…just ebayed my old GM bobble hat for £68 ..

z1ppy

He was @ Core yesterday (maybe sunday) too.. busy busy

Crooch
    Free Member

For someone that hates the publicity side of things… he must be hating this side of his life right now… (not travelling to india that he would think is mega) but the standing on sponsors stands having to make chit chat with the great unwashed….

h1jjy
    Free Member

Looking forward to watching it.
    But even after reading his autobiography I still can’t make my mind up about him

Drac

For someone that hates the publicity side of things… he must be hating this side of his life right now..

He loves the attention and the persona he has to be. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke but seems to me he has become a parody of himself.

atlaz
    Free Member

Probably true of most people in the public eye who keep up the persona that made them famous. Imagine having to pretend to be the person you were (or an exaggerated version of that) 5, 10, 20 or more years ago in order to keep the cash rolling in and the fans happy

Drac

True. The last show he did though he didn’t seem to be as bad. There was less tea and proper job nonsense just him being himself.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

He loves the attention

No he doesn’t. I was shooting some pictures for Team JMC up at Fort William, and he was next door, chatting with Terrahawk. It was very, very obvious that he didn’t want me to take any picture of him at all, so I was very careful to keep my distance.

That being said, I did get a couple of good ones out on the course.

[/url]

Drac

Must be why does so much TV them as he hates it. Maybe he just wants left alone on his time off.

P-Jay
    Free Member

In fairness you won’t find him pocketing a pile of cash for going on Big Brother, nor does he do the usual tour of the chat / radio shows to push his latest ‘project’ – the stuff he makes is obviously stuff he’s interested in doing.

I don’t see why people feel the need to try to spot the cracks in his personality, they seems to find it impossible that he is, who he is – despite everyone who actually knows him saying “well that’s Guy for you” (or words to that effect) whenever asked.

Not that I feel sorry for him of course, he seems to be getting exactly what he wants out of life.

ElShalimo

Typically British response
    The bloke is doing alright thru graft and talent and people want to drag him down

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was shooting some pictures for Team JMC up at Fort William, and he was next door, chatting with Terrahawk. It was very, very obvious that he didn’t want me to take any picture of him at all

No one wants their photo taken with Terrahawk.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Ha, no, he doesn’t like being photographed either. 😆

[/url][/img]

terrahawk
    Free Member

No one wants their photo taken with Terrahawk.

I’ll have you know that TWO people asked for their photos to be taken with me at the Strathpuffer 😉

For what it’s worth, Guy is exactly the same in real life as he is on telly. All the chat about tea and graft and Transit vans, etc etc isn’t playing up to the cameras.

nealglover
    Free Member

….i can say i have went one better

…i hope he’s went for the 500cc version

Even for a Guy Martin thread that’s (proper) grammar carnage (chief)

geoffj

nealglover – Member
    ….i can say i have went one better
    …i hope he’s went for the 500cc version

Even for a Guy Martin thread that’s (proper) grammar carnage (chief)

That’s proper Scotch grammar carnage ye ken.

Alex

I watched closer to the edge the other night. Man clearly has love spuds the size of grapefruits. And also as clearly very single minded and focussed. Guess you have to be travelling at a gazillion miles an hour between dry stone walls! Read his Autobiog over xmas, and thought it was an honest and interesting book.

I’ll be watching it. Top bloke and be fun tv. Not enough of that around.

MrGrim

I’ll be watching it. Top bloke and be fun tv. Not enough of that around.

This ^

Makes a refreshing change from the celebrity famous for nothing pish that seems to constantly invade the media. Someone who is genuinely talented, interesting and has a passion for what he does and is humble with it.

Drac

Who’s trying to drag him down?

I blame the production companies. One makes him look like a guy who enjoys life and another makes him out to be some sort of comedy Fred Dibnah with clever editing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve set it record just in case I miss it.

Of all the things he’s done, competed in, fulfilled I think it’s his attitude towards “just doing it” that gets me.

I can imagine he has a very busy life, work, travelling, competing, training, building engines then putting in sometime for eating and sleeping.

Mans a dynamo.

somafunk

nealglover : Aye….tak heed an lis’n tae geoffj, jist haud yer wheest n’ dinnae be girning bout ma use of colloquial grammar.

😛

CountZero

Programme looks like lots of fun, a must watch for me.

rOcKeTdOg

epicyclo

^^^Good to see Terrahawk has adopted my hill climbing technique… 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

That was a few years ago. 24 hours on the On One proto fatty. Shaggy had to wash it afterwards ?

And I got paid in cash ??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘PSA for the Guy Martin fans’ is closed to new replies.