Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA for Marylebone commuters
  • Dickyboy

Especially if you now wfh and have a bike in the racks there, from Monday 12th Oct they are doing overnight phased upgrades to the bike racks and you will need to move your bike to another rack.

haloric
    Free Member

Wow – thanks for that, how did you find that out ?

So glad we’re forced to register with them to get a tag, but they don’t mail that info out – at least I haven’t had any.

Haven’t been to London since April.

Last time they did this I turned up on a Monday morning and all the bikes were in a big coral at the end of the platform, and the new racks were empty apart from three or four bikes. The coral was not being monitored in any way, you could help yourself to any bike.

Mine was not there, had to get the station manager to complain that they had cut my bike off the rack and it was now gone. He said, show me where it was, so we go back up the platform to the new empty racks and mine was there, the lock had been cut off, but put back on the empty rack.

Hey ho.

belugabob
    Free Member

So, you have to register to use the racks, then they don’t contact you to warn you about the upgrade, nor let you know that they’ve removed your bike and are going to ‘dispose of it’?

You couldn’t have been on the first 65536 rows of their spreadsheet 😉

Dickyboy

Wow – thanks for that, how did you find that out ?

Traveled to Marylebone yesterday and saw all the tags on the bike racks, thought it might catch a few people out seeing as dusty saddles seem to be de-rigueur these days 🤔

Edit: from the link above…

If your bike is not removed before the project starts, it will be removed by our contractors. Bicycles moved in this way may be disposed of if not reclaimed after the completion of the project.

Dickyboy

Update – there are a lot of very dusty bikes there with notices on them saying the bikes will be removed at the end of July if not claimed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Marylebone commuters’ is closed to new replies.