Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PSA for Machynlleth comedy fans
  • nickjb
    Free Member

If you are planning to go to the Mach Comedy festival next year (or the Dyfi Enduro if its on the same day again) then tickets are starting to go live this month, one new show released a day. The big acts and showcase shows always sell out but all showcase shows and Stuart Lee still available at time of writing. Great weekend if you’ve never been. Good acts in a lovely location and quirky, small venues

https://machcomedyfest.co.uk/line-up/tickets-available/

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes, got my Stuart Lee tickets, a bit miffed at £20 a pop. On the plus side I live five minutes walk away from the venue.

nickjb
    Free Member

Well, it would have been this weekend. Obviously it isn’t, but they are doing a couple of radio shows. Should be good. It is free but they are asking that people listen through BBC sounds as it’ll help them in the future.

ten years of the Machynlleth Comedy Festival
    Live from Lockdown
    Stand Up In My House

“A Small Favour…
    If you like what we do as an organisation, please stream the radio show Live from Lockdown on the BBC Sounds app or iPlayer. If you enjoy it, we’d be so grateful if you could tell everyone you know to listen to Live from Lockdown on the BBC Sounds app and use social media to let BBC Radio Wales and BBC Sounds know that you think it should be a series so we can make more! And this is why…

Not only are we incredibly proud of the programme, but producing radio and TV shows offers our organisation a way to work through this current crisis. Not only that, but it allows us to create paid opportunities for artists and others within the industry while work is thin on the ground. The comedy industry is in crisis at the moment as it is made up almost entirely of self-employed, freelancers, and small SME’s and our work relies on people gathering in close proximity. We feel that the best role that we can play right now is to try and generate work for those who have none and by getting a series, or more commissions, means we can do that.

Thank you. “

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Machynlleth comedy fans’ is closed to new replies.