PSA for Classified Sellers

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA for Classified Sellers
  • jota180

Although I’m guessing a lot of you will never see this πŸ˜‰

Now I’m looking for loads of stuff for 3 or 4 projects I have simmering away but ……….

If you don’t post pics [or at least a link to them], no I won’t email or text you for them

If you’re reposting an ad and can’t be arsed to do any more than link to the original, I can’t be arsed to click through to it

If you can’t find the time to reply to email or forum enquiries, don’t bother with the ad in the first place

Right, back to painting railings rather than riding πŸ™

If you can’t find the time to reply to email or forum enquiries, don’t bother with the ad in the first place

+ 1

Badgerpoo

If you don’t post pics [or at least a link to them], no I won’t email or text you for them

Seriously, it’s so easy to upload photos these days. Easier than emailing a photo.

Conan257

Apparently, if people are really interested, they’ll email for pics.

Regarding the item in question, I was really interested, with pennies sat waiting. You were too lazy, so someone else got my pennies.

“I don’t have a photobucket/etc account.” is not a good enough excuse!

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

And buyers, if you email me saying you can’t pay that much, at least let me know how much you can pay so I can see if we can come to a deal πŸ™„

bigyinn

If you don’t have much e-mail access say so in your ad so we don’t bombard you with e-mails chasing you!
    People who just link to their previous ad rarely get my attention.
    If you want to be lazy efficient, copy the ad text (including formatting etc) before you post it up, save it to a word doc then copy and paste the whole ad as and when you need to.

soobalias

pffft.

i know some of the stuff ive got that i should sell, but i cba to take piccys, post them to photobucket, link the piccys here, state my bargain basement price…. get inundated with offers, then have to pack it up, skive off work to go to the post office, track everything till it safely arrives……

so read my mind and paypal me the money.

ScottChegg

And you will always get some nob who says;

“…what is your best price?”

That would be what I am asking +20%. If you mean the lowest price, you need to ask a different question.

As for the OP; if someone is that arsey, it’s best not to sell them anything.

Premier Icon granny_ring
    Subscriber

If you’re re listing an add I cant see why it’s a problem to link in the first add that has pics, it’s only one click for crying out loud. πŸ™„

tonyd

Right, back to painting railings rather than riding

Are you doing community service? πŸ™‚

jota180

As for the OP; if someone is that arsey, it’s best not to sell them anything.

Please don’t , it’s a buyers market, there’s plenty out there that don’t want me to do all the running around for them

Before long we’ll be getting ads like………

Lots of bits for sale, email me for details

Linking to previous ad is a bit lazy, but not that bad. Always confuses me if I should reply to latest or original ad? :/

No excuse for not having pictures or at least a link to pictures.

Simple with android: take pictures, auto uploaded to picasa then link to the album – Easy

jota180

Are you doing community service?

sort of, it’s the old dear next doors railings

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

If you’re re listing an add I cant see why it’s a problem to link in the first add that has pics, it’s only one click for crying out loud.

Except that some idiots post a link to an add that was a repost of an earlier one!

ScottChegg

it’s a buyers market

It isn’t; but that doesn’t justify nobbery anyway.

elliott-20

If you’re re listing an add I cant see why it’s a problem to link in the first add that has pics, it’s only one click for crying out loud.

^This

I’ve done it, and will keep doing so. It keeps everything in one place. Both buyers and seller can respond accordingly on the appropriate thread without the confusion and people losing out. Multiple threads of the same stuff just isn’t efficient.

Don’t really see what’s the problem.

But a lack of pictures, yes. Post some pictures please. After all you’re trying to sell the stuff.

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

jota180 – Member

If you’re reposting an ad and can’t be arsed to do any more than link to the original, I can’t be arsed to click through to it

Wow, you must be busy.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I can live with most of that, apart from the not replying to emails (which makes me fume).

But what boils my goat is sellers setting stupid high prices. Just wasting eveyone’s time.

I would rather email for pics, clink through links etc if its with a decent forum user than deal with a “trader” who ticks all of the above. More problems with scammers/traders etc than the content of the advert.

If I’m going to buy it I’ll send an email. I’m not to bothered wither I see the pics in an email or the advert.

but each to their own I suppose.

GW

What would be the easiest way to post pics without having access to a camera or computer?
    Can it be done straight from a smart phone? and if so, how?

Got tons of stuff I really should sell but CBA with the hastle of taking pics and uploading them somewhere.

ScottChegg

Shep gets a bullseye.

wrecker

No more ebay ads please mods!
    Sell your stuff on here or don’t.

GW – if you have an android phone, install Google+. It has an auto upload feature that when on wifi will upload all photos to a web album.

It’s a great way of backing up photos and videos and makes it easy to post pics up here.

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I’m looking for loads of stuff for 3 or 4 projects I have simmering away

Then why not try a “Wanted” Ad…

GW

Cheers duf πŸ˜€

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

I’ve done it, and will keep doing so. It keeps everything in one place. Both buyers and seller can respond accordingly on the appropriate thread without the confusion and people losing out. Multiple threads of the same stuff just isn’t efficient.

Don’t really see what’s the problem.

I never ever click through to a linked ad.

Its lazy which make me think if the seller is to lazy to repost an ad how quick will they post an item out and by what method.

I always post next day if possible 1st class (recorded) and email the buyer when its posted. Will also email if I cant post next day if I’m at work or busy, its slightly irritating that I have to chase some sellers to ask if they have posted it 4-5 days later.

Its lazy which make me think if the seller is to lazy to repost an ad how quick will they post an item out and by what method.

I always post next day if possible 1st class (recorded) and email the buyer when its posted. Will also email if I cant post next day if I’m at work or busy, its slightly irritating that I have to chase some sellers to ask if they have posted it 4-5 days later.

Or it’s the most efficient way to repost an ad and they’ll be just as efficient in dispatching the item.

Or, If instant postage not possible state on your ad.- ” This item will be posted out on Sat 35th as I work all day Mon- Fri . It should be with you Tues/Wed next week.”

So at least if you want eg a tyre, for the weekend , you wont buy one as the seller cant get to the PO in time.

Might stop the masses looking for the pitchforks and noose.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just set the forum so new posts bump the thread back up to the top? Many adverts are relisted only days after they were originally post due to them moving down a few pages after a few days.

Dancake

I do. Trouble is is that you often come across unanswered questions on the original thread because the OP has stopped monitoring it.

I really can’t understand the “CBA taking photos” thing. If that is too taxing then responding to emails and actually posting the item must be a nightmare.

edit. And Classified only users requesting that you “PM ME” without realising there is no PM system on STW irritates me πŸ™‚

nealglover

Wouldn’t it be easier to just set the forum so new posts bump the thread back up to the top? Many adverts are relisted only days after they were originally post due to them moving down a few pages after a few days.

This makes far more sense than the current system of people re posting every day, and missing questions or buyers on the first threads.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Classified Sellers’ is closed to new replies.