Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA for children of the 80s- Convoy is on now :)
  • bearnecessities

It’s 20 mins in but, if you fancy some awesome Rubber Duck nostalgia, it’s on True Movies (channel 62 on freeview).

eskay

Bear in the air!

Fell asleep in the cinema watching this when I was about 7!

Northwind

Best bar brawl ever

jaylittle
    Free Member

Love it, got the DVD.

DickBarton

Never seen it all the way through…so have never worked out the basics of why they are in convoy avoiding the police…

tthew

Oh, that’s a great movie. I’d have watched that, but I had Baby Driver on Netflix. That’s good too.

tthew

Oh, that’s a great movie. I’d have watched that, but I had Baby Driver on Netflix. That’s good too.

IIRC, I think they were pissed off with working conditions and the traffic police intimidation. Think they were trying to unionise. Its been years since I watched it, could be very wrong.

RustyNissanPrairie

My favourite film ever! Our dad was a truck driver when we were kids so me and my brother loved trucks especially American ones.

The start of the film still gives me goosebumps when RD’s Mack comes over the hill.
    {Geek mode} the engine sound of the Mack is a dubbed 2stroke Detroit rather than the caterpillar it was fitted with.

Kurt Russell’s car in Tarantino’s ‘Death Proof’ has the same bonnet duck emblem as RD’s Mack.

CW McCall (stage name of Bill Fries) wrote the song Convoy that the film is actually based on, the lyrics are different to the opening film credits song lyrics

Yes…I am a hit at parties

kayak23

Awesome 😄

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wife wouldn’t believe me that was Kris Kristofferson at the wheel.

To be fair he’s looked about 90 as long as we have been alive.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I am a fan of this film.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its a bit sexist though isn’t it?

Does the only female driver not tip her rig* while trying to negotiate a bend where all the men folk power on through?

* Not a euphemism but it should be!

flange
    Free Member

Best film ever. Thank Christ they’ve not remade it!

anagallis_arvensis

Wife wouldn’t believe me that was Kris Kristofferson at the wheel.

An amazing song writer.

Loved Convoy as a kid, as said above having a dad who was a lorry driver helped. Do truckers still have cb’s?

RustyNissanPrairie

Does the only female driver not tip her rig* while trying to negotiate a bend where all the men folk power on through?

{Geek mode enabled}

Black Widows truck wasn’t meant to tip over it was an accident that Pekinpah/James Coburn wrote in

slackboy

Its a bit sexist though isn’t it?

A 1970s film about American truck drivers actually had a character who is both female, black and has a reasonably prominent role and you think that’s sexist?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA for children of the 80s- Convoy is on now :)’ is closed to new replies.