Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA for 80's metal fans – Love/Hate London gig!
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, you can ‘Blackout in the Red Room’ at Camden Underworld on Monday 25th March 😀

http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk/gigs/eventdetails/25-mar-13-lovehate-underworld/

Got my tickets 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

D:A:D are playing the forum in March as well so will make the effort to see them.

Who is in Love/Hate these days?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Got D-A-D tickets already as well – saw them at the Underworld earlier this year, brilliant stuff!

According to the Underworld site:

After more than a decade LOVE/HATE returns to the scene leaner and meaner than ever! Lead singer JIZZY PEARL (RATT, L.A. Guns) and his all-star band–ROBBIE CRANE (RATT, Lynch Mob) KERI KELLI (Alice Cooper, Slash’s Snakepit) and MATT STARR (Ace Frehley) play the music of LOVE/HATE, a band forged from the Sunset Strip and whose music still rocks with such hits as BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CALL IT DOPE, SHE’S AN ANGEL and the KNAC radio mega-hit SPINNING WHEEL.

LOVE/HATE has the distinction of being many a musician’s ‘favorite band’, LOVE/HATE and their music continues to influence bands young and old alike. Which makes LOVE/HATE all the more special in 2013.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Saw love/hate at the marquee and at Newcastle riverside back in the day, great album, haven’t listened to it in yonks!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i was at that Newcastle riverside gig too!
    it was funny to see them walking around the metrocentre in the afternoon, all glammed up…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ha, a bit like seeing y&t walking around eldon square, all glammed up. Big hair dayz! Ace.

grievoustim
    Free Member

wow takes me back – suprised they are still going (although surely a 90s band?)

I saw them at the Town and Country club – great gig but before they came on stage the “Nevermind” album was played in its entirety – and there was almost as much moshing to that as the band themselves. A sign of the fact that metal was about to become very unfashionable

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wow!! Faster Pussycat are playing Underworld next week too!

MoreCashThanDash

Their Black Out in the Red Room tour is the only gig I’ve ever walked out of – mainly as the girl I was with wasn’t into it and I had to drive her home and dump her.

Edit: nope, sorry, forgot about Lamb of God, they were truly utterly awful.

Gutted Santa didn’t get me a ticket to the Journey/Whitesnake/Thunder gig…or even enough cash to buy my own. Damn this age of Austerity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA for 80's metal fans – Love/Hate London gig!’ is closed to new replies.