Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • PSA Flash sale at Polaris
  • kendonagasaki

As previous comments, thanks to the OP, but what a nightmare getting through payment..!

nicholas_yiu

Thanks for the PSA. The bibs are particularly good value. Agree with the bit about problem getting through payment. Got there in the end though, let’s just hope it arrives.

cp

Is there a delivery charge? Can’t find anything about one.

jonnyboi

You have to put your address in first, but it’s approx £2.99

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve collected mine. All good stuff. Noticed a soft shell has been added to the page so went back for one of them as well.

scotroutes

I bought one of the softshells (not at RRP) a couple of months back and it’s been perfect. Seriously tempted to buy another at that price!

eskay

My bib tights and overshoes turned up but the overshoes will have to go back. They are for Chris Hoy style calf muscles not my weedy ones!

deepreddave
    Free Member

Just chatted with Hannah at Polaris, really helpful and they’re working through orders. Their ecommerce site is relatively new so feedback welcome but might be worth calling if you experience any online issues with completing a purchase.

bigdaddy

Well I’m pissed off – my order has been refunded today, having placed the order on Sunday as out of stock. Seems it’s taken 4 days to work that out…

creagbhan

I received notification today that both 😳 my orders have shipped

deepreddave
    Free Member

@bigdaddy – assuming you didn’t order a bike or similar, list what you wanted as I’m sure some people will have bought 2 of things to check sizes etc so could maybe send on at cost of p&p. I was considering listing any bargain priced stuff here before returning it.

bigdaddy

That’s a good thought – it was a torsion base layer size M-L and the tornado tights size XL.

scotroutes

scotroutes – Member
    I bought one of the softshells (not at RRP) a couple of months back and it’s been perfect. Seriously tempted to buy another at that price!

I did. Last night ( and some other stuff). Here’s hoping it arrives.

nbt

What’s the sizing like? Normally wear size small in most brands but their small is listed as 35″ chest?!

scotroutes

I’m normally a medium. The jacket I already have is a medium and I’ve just ordered another medium.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mines on its way…..

deepreddave
    Free Member

@bigdaddy I think I have one of each despatched so will email if not keeping.
    I understand sizing can be a little on the fitted size with some jackets so if tall best to size up one.

granny_ring

My 2nd order has arrived before my first. 🙂

nigew
    Free Member

Just chatted with Hannah at Polaris

Me too, well online chat, she wasn’t much help for me and she ended the chat very abubtly with no goodbye 🙁

I was trying to trace my order.

scotroutes

And my order is now en route

singletrackmind

ha
    my bib tights and Base layer arrived today.
    The Vortex bibs in a M fit me very well 33″ waist , 31″ inside leg
    Pad is different than what Im used to , but may be perfectly fine.
    The windtex material on the fronts seems to be well thought out. Haven’t ridden in them yet , but trying them on indoors all appeared good.
    Base layer is similar quality
    happy bunny , thanks OP

bigdaddy

Thanks deepreddave, thought appreciated…

wzzzz
    Free Member

M bibs are going back, although they are really nice quality for the price.
    I’m 32 waist 34 leg, I think foot loop tights are useless for me. XL for the leg length will be too baggy up top and on the legs.

£5 zip baselayer and £10 winter gloves are great.

Eyeing up those half softshell blue road tops, but reviews say they are a bit sweaty. £25 though….

Postage is free if you spend £50. They are adding new stuff everyday.

eskay

Finally got around to trying my bib tights on, I am 32w 32 leg and the medium is a perfect fit. Really nice quality and an absolute steal!!

hora
    Free Member

How do they size up? I’m bang on the XL stats but I find in practice I’m a XXL in the likes of roadie kit

Riksbar

Mine arrived yesterday, really pleased with my stuff, phenomenal value and Christmas gifts for a couple of cycling relatives sorted. LBS quality at less than ALDI prices.

hora
    Free Member

How does it size?

creagbhan

Both my orders arrived yesterday. I’m normally an L and ordered all in size L and it it all fits great 🙂

scotroutes

This sale/thread begs the question; how much do you think the Polaris kit is worth?

Assuming no one expects to pay RRP for it, would you now consider buying it with a less generous discount? What brands would you rank it with in terms of quality?

I’ve bought a couple of items previously and been very happy with them though they don’t seem to be a brand that gets a mention on here much.

(I know that some quality questions will only be answered after the kit has been worn for a while).

creagbhan

I bought the softshell jacket and a couple of tops. They seem like decent quality but as you say, time will tell. At those prices its worth a punt.

eskay

Scotroutes – The initial quality seems very good and would be in line with the rrp. The ultimate test will be time though.

chakaping
    Free Member

My stuff came yesterday.

Base layer very good, especially for £5.

Neck gaiter thingy nice enough, roadie jersey alright quality wise but not sure on styling and fit.

Had some very reduced stuff of theirs from CRC recently too, S/S jerseys and full-finger gloves. Both decent lower/mid-range quality, (ie. no vented panels on jerseys) but very good for the discount price.

Haven’t unpacked the waterproof holdall yet.

aracer
    Free Member

I hadn’t made my mind up, so just getting around to ordering – useful to have the sizing advice, thx. For anybody who only looked when the first PSA was made it’s worth pointing out that there’s now more stuff on there (and some of the things which had gone from the page are now back).

curto80
    Free Member

First ride on the bib-tights today. They’re great.

scotroutes

Parcel arrived.

Softshell jacket; same as I already have but in the other “colorway”. Frankly, an absolute steal at that price.

Baselayer Tee; thicker than I was expecting, definitely a winter layer. Nice scooped back.

Neoprene gloves; seen the concept and wanted to try them out. Seems like a cheap way of doing so. Fit is OK but I’d hate to try to get them on with wet hands 😉

Overall – great so far. Makes me wonder if I should order some other stuff I’m less in need of to keep as spare.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As above the “enduro” soft shell is an absolute bargain. Base layers decent as well. Not had any of it out in anger yet but intrigued to see how the socks hold up in the wet.

stumpy01

Just bought a pair of those Cadence bib tights – £15 bargain! And some of the bright yellow & black coolmax socks. I thought it was just a pair, but on the checkout page it said 2 pack (2 pack can’t mean a left & a right, Shirley?)…..so not sure what I’ll be getting. A pair of socks for £3 is fine, but if it’s a 2 pack of socks for £3 that’ll be even better.

bigdaddy

I’ve just gone back and tried another order – those cadence bib tights and a base layer, we’ll see if there’s any stock left for me this time!

Kuco

My order I did Saturday turned up today. A couple of shoes bags and a pair of the bib tights.

greentricky
    Free Member

Really fancy some bibs but put off by their size chart being tall and slim, I need a medium upper and xxl lower 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘PSA Flash sale at Polaris’ is closed to new replies.