Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • PSA: five ten trailcross goretex £105
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

The trailcross are now live on adidas
    Search S29146

Go via vouchercodes website for a 30% code

= £105 delivered

These codes will be switched off so don’t delay

submarined
    Free Member

Oof, cheers dude.
    What do we reckon, same sizing as Freerider Pro? Aka I’m going to have to go up 2 sizes if I want space for my flippers and winter socks.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Not sure on size, ive ordered my regular adidas and a 1/2 size up, I have the regular trailcross boot and 1/2size up are good for a sealskinz sock

Ps works on the app

nbt

Ooh I got all excited then, was going to order a pair for Mrs NBT, but no smaller sizes 🙁

breadcrumb

I’ve bought 5:10s recently and the sizing just changed, I had to go up a size. I’ve always found this with Adidas.

a11y

Superb, thanks. I’ve gone very slightly up – UK 11.5 as my feet measure 287mm end-to-end – but free returns/size exchanges if they’re not quite right.

mahalo

i hate writing negative posts but these are shite shoes. they let in so much water, even summer morning dew. waterproof socks an necessity. and if you ride anywhere remotely rocky they’ll be torn to shreds in weeks. thats from a fiveten faithful!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

@mahalo
    the goretex ones let in water? are you talking about the regular trailcross mid pro.

these only released on adidas today,
    unless you got them early from scottby or tweeks cycles.

davros

It seems odd that they have a full range of the EPS models, I thought these were replaced by the DLX range. The EPS high do the job for me, but not exactly waterproof! They are durable though.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

a bit steep those EPS now, they were £40-55 discounted last spring/summer

mahalo

i was talking about regular ones, apologies.

kelvin

Great news that the EPS mid are back… my favourites… but hang on… what the hell is this…?!?

https://www.adidas.co.uk/five-ten-freerider-pro-mid-mountain-bike-shoes/H02024.html

Freerider Pro Mid

gkeeffe

I have some… they run small – I’m 8.5 in normal trail cross and a 9 in goretex

tomtomthepipersson

Thanks for the PSA @whatyadoinsucka

Ordered half a size larger than I normally wear. Fingers crossed.

chakaping
    Free Member

what the hell is this…?!?

That looks great actually, I’ll keep an eye out for it hitting the shops in a couple of years.

And the GoreTex version in 2025 as well.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thank you for the PSA. After many many years of simply recycling my old trainers for MTB (Nike Air Force One are actually really good trainers for flats!) I’ve treated myself to some of these.

On sizing.. I’m a 10 in pretty much every pair of shoes I own but when I measured my feet based on the sizing guidance on the adidas website I came out as a UK 9.5.. Ended up ordering 10.5 based on tips in this thread.. Who knows if they’ll fit!

kelvin

That looks great actually, I’ll keep an eye out for it hitting the shops in a couple of years.

Agreed. But I’ve not seen any sign of ’em coming… a Freerider Pro mid with more protection… and no laces… I’ll be trying some on as soon I can (can’t trust any 5ten sizes without first trying them on).

StuE
    Free Member

I was tempted but my guide tennie gtx’s refuse to die and I have a brand new spare pair for when they eventually do

Northwind

Thanks! Just ordered. PS, you can also use Topcashback for a further 5% cashback (though,

Wish I’d managed to find some Tennie GTXs before they got discontinued Stu!

Re the EPS/DLX- the Freerider DLX is pretty much the same as the old Freerider Element, so it’s more of a “normal freerider with weatherproofing”, while the EPS is supposed to be the cold weather shoe, they’ve got different goals.

TBF, the EPS is a disastrous UK shoe, because they’re completely unwaterproof. Very warm when dry, but the first stream crossing or medium sized puddle and they’re wet through and cold. (and every subsequent bit of water also splashes straight through and chills you more) How many UK days are really cold and totally dry? I waterproofed the crap out of mine and they’re now merely bad. As soon as I got my Fairbanks Omnis I knew I’d never wear the EPSs again. But I’d feel bad selling them because they’re so shit.

The Element/DLX is the better shoe almost all of the time too, because it’s at least got a degree of waterproofing. But neither’s really a good winter shoe. So hopefully these GTXs don’t suck!

kelvin

EPS mid + waterproof socks is my winter combo. Toasty.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Already shipped, due tomorrow.

lc87
    Free Member

Ordered a pair half a size larger than usual, hoping they’re not too big having looked at the other trail cross reviews!

wildfires3

Done the same! My DLX were a little small in the normal size, but shrank after a few washes (mostly my fault).

Plus I’ll wear them with Sealskinz

wildfires3

A mate had these and they do work, but the soles are a bit solid and eventually they do let water in.

Although that could be water up offer the top.

I’m a bit of a GoreTex brand fan though. Use it on my motorbike and it’s great.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

well got my 9 and 9.5 (i’m a 9 in the low and a 9.5 in the mid pro (which are big)

the 9 is tiny, the 9 1/2 wouldnt fit a thicker winter sock..

not keen on the ankle opening, seems to be an after thought..

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Got my 11.5, they fit identical to my 11.5 pair of Terrex from a few years ago.

nickewen
    Free Member

Mine arrived earlier. As above, I’m a 10 in just about every pair of footwear I own so sized up to 10.5.

They fit well.. once on, but he ankle opening is narrow. I have a high instep and they’re tricky to get on initially. Agree that the ankle opening seems be an afterthought and a weak point in the overall design.. will see how I get on but if I was a betting man I’d say this part of the shoe will fail first.

tomtomthepipersson

My 11.5s arrived today too – went half a size bigger than my usual and they fit nicely. Plenty of room for a thick Bridgedale sock so should be perfect this winter (or summer looking at the forecast). No problems with the ankle opening – got skinny legs though.

Alex

I went a bit too big. 10.5 for my 9.5 feet. Reckon a 10 will be perfect. If anyone wants a 10.5 for £105 or a swap for a 10 let me know.. they do look perfect for ‘wet but not minging’ rides that make up about 90% of my year round riding 😉

singlespeedstu

Have a size 10 in the stardard Trailcross highs that feel slightly big.
    Ordered a 10 in the Gortex version and they’re a tad tight.
    Got a 10.5 on the way to try before I decide which is the best fit.

wildfires3

Usually a 8 in everything, but ordered a 8.5 as reviews say they come up small. Arrived today and they are tight with little space between the tow box and my big toe.

My Hellion Elites feel massive compared to them, so it is a return / exchange for a 9.

wheelsonfire1

Mine just arrived, usually wear 9.5 but used sizing guide and ordered 10.5. A perfect fit with plenty of toe room – sign up for the Adidas newsletter before ordering and you get an introductory 20% off code.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Thanks for the head up on this,with winter feeling like it’s already looming I’ve just ordered a pair. Luckily the 30% off still worked.

Northwind

I went up a half size for sock space, glad I did, I think it’s possible that I’d be better if I’d gone up a full size but I’m going to give these a go. They feel generally narrower than any five ten I’ve had before.

Simon

Adidas and 5Ten sizing is all over the place. I have some size 9 casual Adidas trainers, size 9.5 Adidas running shoes and Terrex Trailcross, 9.5 Five Tennies and I’m a 10 in Freeriders.
    Just ordered some size 10 GTX Trailcross, hopefully they fit!
    Discount code from voucher codes was still working when I ordered on Monday.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I used the sizing guide then went up 1/2 a size so fingers crossed they will be OK,I’ve struggled with five tens in recent times feeling like the sizing is much smaller than the older versions of the same shoe.

a11y

I measured the actual length of my feet then ordered accordingly. I tend to buy size 11 shoes in general, went with 11.5 in TrailCross Goretex and also a pair of TrailCross Mids. both fit well.

Can’t decide which to keep and which to return though. Goretex make more sense more of the time, but might be mini-ovens on the 2 weeks every 2-3 years I ride in the Alps. Guess I know what my answer is.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Mine have arrived. I ordered the same size as my normal Trailcross after talking to a rep at Ard Rock.

They size up just the same.

I’ve put some details and side by side shots on my site –

https://www.unsponsored.co.uk/press/adidas-five-ten-trailcross-gore-tex-first-look/

The way the weather is shaping up they’ll be tested this weekend.

only1mikey

I’m a 9.5 in Five Tennies and Freerider Pro’s. Went with 9.5 Trailcross Gore Tex and they were snug… If I was keeping would have exchanged for a 10 but just couldn’t get on with the ankle cuff so returned.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.