Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • PSA: five ten freerider £41.63 @ adidas
  • Tracey

I had to go up half a size with the pros as did my daughter with her pros and Kestrel Boas. When you open up on the Adidas web site to chose your size there is usually a warning telling you to go up 1/2 a size

nicknameless
    Free Member

Darn – they are now out of 9.5s!!!!

antares
    Free Member

I’ve always bought size 10 in the past but saw the warning of them fitting small on the Adidas site so went up to 10.5 which I’m glad I did and it’s not as though I have wide feet

lister

Arse. Jumped through all the hoops and got some freeriders for £41. Ordered the same size as my current ones.

Then I read the rest of the thread about the sizing.

The 7.5s arrived today and went straight back in the post and they’ve run out of 8s 🙁

Bum.

EDIT: saw the warning too but didn’t think that comparing like to like was the wrong thing to do.

sillyoldman

Pros arrived – only just fit despite being the same size as my very roomy Freeriders. The website advises going up 1/2 size on both models so I assumed the same last/fit, but they are very different. Will be fine for summer, but not winter with thicker socks.

unovolo
    Free Member

Bought some of the Sleuths, I’m a size 8 in pretty much everything so ordered a 8.5.

As above straight back in the post, I can fit in them but the toe box is too slim fortunately they still have some 9’s in stock so will try them.

Its bloody annoying that manufacturers cant standardise sizes in this day and age.

chiefgrooveguru

“Its bloody annoying that manufacturers cant standardise sizes in this day and age.”

The main issue is that the brands are rarely the actual manufacturers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The main issue is that the brands are rarely the actual manufacturers.

Maybe, but even so you would expect that 44 = 28.5cm or whatever to be consistent between shoes from the same manufacturer. Why have a note to say go up half a size, they could just re-label them half a size!

Ordered two sizes, same as last time and half a size up so I’m crossing my fingers.

bigdean

Mine arrived today, the’re a bit tight have worn them around the house but they are going to have to go back. Plus they dont do a bigger size.
    Bugger, on the plus side i got a second pair of trainers to replace the old sports direct specials.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ll be annoyed if they’re too small as the previous PSA bargain Shimano’s were too big!

lister

Anyone got any 8s that don’t fit???

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I ordered three pairs (8,8.5 and 9) so will post once they arrive and I know what’s spare (Freerider Pro)

timidwheeler

Might have some Freeriders in women’s size 8s going back. Going to wear them round the house first to try them. I’m hoping the slightly tight feeling is mostly psychological 🙂

lister

Please let me know if they don’t fit! 👍

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Awaiting mine in the post – just to be clear are folk saying that the same model e.g Freerider Pro are fitting slightly smaller than they did last year?? Or just that there are inconsistencies between models in the 5:10 range?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Size 9/44 freeriders, grey/turquoise womens version. £41.60 if you can pick them up from Reading RG7 or plus postage.

I actually think theyre slightly roomier and less padded than my old pre-adidas pair. They fit fine with normal socks and my old pair were 44.5 (which now fit better with winter socks). But then I have wierd shaped feet apparently.

cb200
    Free Member

My old Freerider Pros fit at 9.5

My Kestrel Boas fit at 9.5

These Freerider Pros are too small at 9.5.

Should have listened to STW 🙁

razorrazoo

I ordered Freerider EPS, I’m going to have to size up by half too despite my other 2 pairs of 5:10s being 8s.

I think it’s an Adidas thing. I always have to size up by .5 in Adidas, all other brands I’m a standard 8.

aide

Yeah, same here. Ordered some impacts (same size as my old ones which are a bigger fit than normal) and these are too small, half size up from it (a whole shoe size now) is now out of stock. Back in the box they go

prezet
    Free Member

Sizing must have changed recently… I’ve always been a 44 in FiveTens so ordered some – too small, so had to go up half a size too.

VanHalen

mine fit perfectly.

8.5 in specialized

8.5 in the usual vans/etnies

8.5 in five tens – my old size 9`s were a big big.

dunno what all the fuss is about?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I ordered the sleuths in a 10.5 up from my usual 10’s.

Toe box is too rigid and rubs my toes till they are sore so they are back in the post for a refund.

Also they have an elastic section one side of the tongue which makes them less slip on. Disappointed.

Bring back the Danny Mac Freeriders, they were so sick, had two pairs.

aide

Looked at the site again early this morning, they had 1 of the size above mine so put in for an exchange. Should get this deal yet! I think a few shoes will be getting returned so might be an idea to keep checking the stock if yours were too wee

timidwheeler

I ordered three pairs.
    Women’s Terrex size 8 fit fine.
    Women’s Freeriders size 8 are borderline.
    Men’s Terrex size 8 feel really small.

Work that out.

RustyNissanPrairie

My dog walking Terrex arrived today – ordered half size bigger than usual and they are at least a full size smaller than they should be. No more in stock. Bloody crap sizing.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Freeriders black with yellow or turquoise £52 on crc, early access to Blackfriday week 4
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/five-ten-freerider-mtb-shoes-2019/rp-prod181487

nicknameless
    Free Member

@cb200 – I got 9 which were too small so would take the 9.5s off you?

cb200
    Free Member

@nicknameless sure. Will pm you the details.

Edit, can’t seem to attach a pic to a pm? Here they are:

funkybaj
    Free Member

I’m usually an 8 or 8.5 in any trainer/shoe … ordered size 9 Freeriders and they fit an absolute treat on me. Bargain.

mav12
    Free Member

blacks have some with 20% off just bought a pair for £47

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

One pair of red Freerider Pro in UK8 spare if anyone wants them before they get returned. Also a pair of nine potentially but awaiting Sealskinz delivery to check fit on the 8.5 I think I will keep so next week for them

sirromj

I looked at the Sleuths today on CRC was almost tempted but that Addidas logo really tarnishes their image for me. I’m not in the Addidas gang, don’t want to be.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘PSA: five ten freerider £41.63 @ adidas’ is closed to new replies.