Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • PSA – Fantasy Premier League – last year's league renewed.
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

Get in… Top of the league! Almost worth screen grabbing as it’ll never happen again. 🙂

And I took Ricky Lambert out.

Jamie
    Free Member

On Sunday I went to a BBQ, and got very drunk. Don’t remember too much about getting home/going to bed, but it appears before passing out I used my Wildcard and nuked my team…. 😕

MSP

Worst excuse ever 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just getting the hang of this and would be top ish if RVP had been captain but assumed better to use a Chelsea player given two games – went for the goalie as not sure frank would play twice in a week.

Not sure this was a good idea ah well.

Jamie
    Free Member

Worst excuse ever

I wish*. No WC till Jan now. The worse thing is, my team wasn’t that bad, other than Kos getting red carded. Still had Navas and Zabs to play tonight.

Bum.

*Although I will be blaming all bad GWs on this one act from now on 😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Mata? Luiz? didnt play. Thats my season opener kiboshed.

Still think Mourinho looks like a sun tanned Jack Dee.

MSP

Woohoo, joint first now all the first round of matches are over, who needs VP.

Jamie
    Free Member

GW 1 includes Chelsea v Villa on Wednesday.

…oh and respectable 11th with my pre-drunken wrecked team goddamit.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I’m not usually one to boast – but then i dont often have much to boast about!!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
    GET IN!

Junkyard
    Free Member

how do you get points for players – knowing this may help me get above mid table
    Could not see an explanation of the scoring system on the website.

I assume from this week its basically goals and it is better to play a novel 3 -4-3 system

Is that right?

Jamie
    Free Member

Most info is in the rules section of the FF site.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

106th position. WORST. START. EVA.

I just hovered over the wildcard button but I’ll give it another week

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheers so I am definitely dropping to 3 defenders and may need another attacker picked for footballing rather than affordability issues

Jamie
    Free Member

In what league?

Cheers so I am definitely dropping to 3 defenders and may need another attacker picked for footballing rather than affordability issues

Also, don’t forget to change your captain each week to who you think will get you most points, as captain gets double.

I have mostly given up applying logic to the game, as so far most my defenders have been getting me points with BPS.

dooosuk
    Free Member

This looks like a good resource for injury news:
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

wittonweavers
    Free Member

you should also consider the order in which your substitutes are on the bench…

Jamie
    Free Member

In what league?

I’m an idiot. I didn’t notice the next button at the bottom of the league page. Now even more miffed I drunkenly used my WC, as current team has me at 28th…..bugger.

@Junkyward

Swap your Captain and Vice Captains around, switch to a 3-4-3 and bench Taylor as he is suspended till after the international break and will miss the next 2 games.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I got the captain but though RVP still outscore czech in one game despite his two – goalies cannot score well really without a triple penalty save

EDIT: That team is so last week 😉

Taylor is out full stop as Newcastle look weak at the back 😉
    I am investing in steel there [ see below]

Drop lukako as he wont play much IMHO

I am in the process of building a RVP, Benteck, Sturrridge attack triumvirate with 8 other make weights [ or Arsenal as I believe they are called in the real world 😈 ]

Now what cheap defenders wont concede loads ??

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve got the hang of it

*copies team*

Jamie
    Free Member

If anyone wants to take this really really seriously, then start hanging out here.

ell_tell
    Free Member

There are that many taking part? We should’ve stuck a fiver in each – winner takes all 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

gone all tinkerman with a touch of Brazil – it all about the front 6 not the back 5.

Jamie
    Free Member

it all about the front 6 not the back 5.

Don’t be too tight on the defence. There seems to be more generous BPS being awarded to defenders.

lunge

Just joined. Paul McGrath’s knees is my team. I’m not a very good manager…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not a very good manager…

You’re in very good company.

loum
    Free Member

Is it too late to join the league?
    Got a team sorted before the kick off but didn’t sign up to any leagues in time.
    Had quite a good start this year 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Don’t be too tight on the defence. There seems to be more generous BPS being awarded to defenders.

you are george graham and i raise my hand to claim offside

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it too late to join the league?
    Got a team sorted before the kick off but didn’t sign up to any leagues in time.
    Had quite a good start this year

Go for it.

you are george graham and i raise my hand to claim offside

Nah. I’m going balls out firepower stylee. Although, I really don’t want to have RVP, but he’s…well….RVP.

loum
    Free Member

ok, cheers
    team name is pup

dooosuk
    Free Member

Right, so I’ve forgot my password (and my browswer has) and the reset password link doesn’t appear to be sending me an email to reset it.

Can anyone remind me if there’s any weird capital, special character etc. requirements?

EDIT: Doesn’t matter…I’m in. Password reset doesn’t seem to work though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Let the Saturday morning tinkering commence!

ell_tell
    Free Member

loum – Member
    ok, cheers
    team name is pup

You’re not wrong there – straight in at the top I see 😉

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Too many options………….and I can’t afford any of them!!

Have dropped Mata as he hasn’t been involved much yet, cue Mata scoring 40 points this week!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

So what to do when two top teams are playing each other and you have players from both teams?

In my case, I Liverpool GK & Defenders and Man U Defender / Forward.

Is it a case of deciding who you think will win the game and sticking with those players or keeping players from both teams in, to spread the risk?

Don’t really know why i’m asking as you wouldn’t want to give me advice anyway!!!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Use your wildcard. Sell them all!! 😈

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Your defenders are unlikey to get their clean sheet bonuses but they may still play well and get other bonus points. Same for the goalie. It kinda depends on the rest of your squad, do you have other player that may have a better match that you could swap in? If not, just have to hope for the best!

beaker

Last day of the season tomorrow….. How have you all done?

Jamie
    Free Member

First year of doing it, so made loads of mistakes. As such, I nuked my team several months ago, but at least I will know how to play it properly next season.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes pretty much my error [ i did not even know the scoring system when i picked] but i slowly climbed the table [ 80 ish i think] but had a bad couple of weeks [ adding mata and rooney for this weel was not my best decision] so down around 30 ish
    You need goal scoring defenders whose team get clean sheets, goal scoring midfielders and erm goal scorers so goals basically.
    Its also worth having the penalty taker for a team as well.
    11 decent players and some crud to make up the numbers seems the best approach.

Hope to do better next year

ratadog

Somewhat to my surprise, having set up the league the last couple of years and never having come anywhere near the top before, I find myself in a safe 4th place with one day to go. Champions league beckons and all without breaking the Financial Fair Play rules.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Fantasy Premier League – last year's league renewed.’ is closed to new replies.