Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA – Exposure joystick £90
  • anono

I know exposure lights seem to be a bit marmite, but a pretty good price from cyclerepublic:

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/exposure-joystick-mk13-front-light.html

andy5390

BC discount is available there too, isn’t it??

Kryton57

Thanks, that was the Xmas present from the MIL sorted.

nixie

Shame its the mk13 not mk14 (more power, bigger battery).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same every year when Evans/Halfords have a sale on older exposure stuff. I’m sure someone probably said “shame its not the mk13, more power and bigger battery” last year.

andypaul
    Free Member

stop moaning FFS

Great deal and a bit of a bargain at £90

bonzodog
    Free Member
    AdamT

I didn’t look in massive detail, but it seems the mk14 has 50 lumens more but the same runtime. Doesn’t seem like a huge difference??? (Thanks for the PSA…I ordered one)

meandyuk

Would this be okay to use on the handlebars or is it really designed for a helmet? Cheers

BadlyWiredDog

It’s best as an off-road helmet light – the beam is quite spotty – but you can use it as a bar-light on the road if necessary, I wouldn’t buy it for that though, it’s just an option if you have one as a helmet light for the trail. I sometimes use mine as a sort of supplementary road ‘main beam’ in tandem with a dip-style German-spec light.

Off road as a bar-light it’s a bit too focussed imo, the Diablo’s better for that.

Cowman

The diablo is a fantastic light, and that’s a great price.

meandyuk

Cheers, how would the Axis mk5 compare to the joystick/diablo? It’s on offer too, for £99

concrete24
    Free Member

My 10 year old Fluxient (ex Torchy the battery boy – is he still around?) finally died half way round my ride this evening leaving me with only a mk13 Joystick on my head. It was absolutely fine on its own – I can confirm I didn’t die and had fun! I will be looking for a ‘floodier’ light for the bars again to compliment it – but it really is very capable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

..and the mk10 Diablo can be had for £135 🙂

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/exposure-diablo-mk10-front-light-with-helmet-handlebar-mounts.html

Am i being thick, but that page says in stock but there’s no option to buy it?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve used mine on the helmet and on the bars, it’s great for both.

sirromj

Am i being thick, but that page says in stock but there’s no option to buy it?

Nope not just you, same here.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Can you use BC discount online with Cycle Republic?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

No BC online discount, or on sale items according to the t+c on the BC website..

meandyuk

I was after the diablo but it looks like it’s not in stock. Any other offers on these around? 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No BC online discount, or on sale items according to the t+c on the BC website..

I’ve always used it in store (or ordered online and collected in store applying the discount at the till) and never found that. Dunno if that’s a new thing or maybe the staff aren’t aware.

By default everything on the website seems to be “on sale” even if it’s just by a few pence off RRP?

nigew
    Free Member

Tredz also have it on offer for the same price, it comes with bar & helmet mounts, sign up for the newsletter and receive a £5 voucher

boxelder

Tredz also have it on offer for the same price

£190 at Tredz that I’m seeing.
    EDIT – you’re posting about the Joystick…..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Exposure joystick £90’ is closed to new replies.