Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • PSA – evoc packs at sportpursuit
  • anono

Still not exactly cheap, but some decent savings over list price

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/evoc-oct18?sport=Mountain_Biking&order=special_price&dir=asc

kimbers

good price for the hip pack £38 posted

martinhutch

Cheers OP. Not a bad price for a hip pack and bladder.

monkeyboyjc

Thanks – also bought the ever-so enduro hip pack, almost bought the polaris one for a little more money (with out the bladder) this morning so it was lucky I didn’t.

They also have some ‘cheap’ POC helmets Inc fullface and clothing.

DezB
    Free Member

What makes them so special that the rrp on a 10L backpack is over £100? Genuine question, to know whether the SP prices are worth paying…

honourablegeorge

They’re expensive, no dout, but the quality is fantastic, and warrantly supoort is brilliant, and they are very comfy bags

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks anono. Hip Pack bought.

Friday pm at the end of a long working week, browsing online is not good!

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve got two Evoc bags, I really rate them. not sure I’d buy them at full RRP but I got both for more than they cost above and I think they were worth it.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Thanks hip pack bought, I never thought I’d wear one of these but they actually look fine 😀

ajantom

Well mine turned up today, and doesn’t have the bladder included 🙁

Will probably return it, as it’s pretty useless without that!

salad_dodger

Buy a bladder from decathlon where they’re really cheap and decent quality.

ajantom

But I bought a pack that said it included a bladder on the listing, but it doesn’t, so why should I then go and pay more for another bladder that may or may not fit.

Anyway, I’ve pinged SP an email, we’ll see what they say. I assume they’ll try to worm out of it, and just say return it for a refund.

Luckily I always take screenshots (yes, I am a bit anal!) of my online orders, as I once had a similar issue many moons ago, where the retailer edited the listing.

Paradiso
    Free Member

I’ve also just received one this morning from Sportpursuit.  Bladder is missing.  The description clearly states that it is included.  I’ve sent a message, including a screenshot of the description.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Mine just arrived, no bladder either 🙁 sent them an email.

legend
    Free Member

SP policy is to simply return things regardless of the problem. They won’t worm out of anything, but as they don’t stock anything they aren’t going to magic up a bladder from somewhere

ajantom

It’s a pity as it’s a nicely made looking pack. Someone obviously dropped a bollock with the listing. I guess most people who bought them will also be a bit miffed with the missing bladder too.

They might offer a partial refund to stop a potential mass return….unlikely though I suppose.

rene59
    Free Member

Do they have an outlet where they sell off their returns? Might be a few bargains soon.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Why should I have to piss around returning something when it’s their mistake?

angeldust
    Free Member

Why should I have to piss around returning something when it’s their mistake?

Annoying, but what do you want them to do?  Amazon will collect things free of charge if the item is damaged etc, but not going to happen with SP.  Having said that, they once sent me the wrong model gloves (value ~£20), and they told me to keep them, and also sent the correct ones.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Give a discount on the value to fulfill the order that was promised, looks like the bladders are £25, that’s their problem and they should suck it up.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve had a few things not match the description too- they just get text from the manufacturers and stick it on the site. There was a camera on there a while ago described as HD Sport cam – description on another website,and it wasn’t even 720p. I emailed them and they just said “that’s the description we’ve got” duh. Anyway, they will fully refund you, and if you paid with paypal, there’s no danger of not getting postage back. I’ve also had a couple of things they replaced without needing the original returned. Swings n roundathinys innit

martinhutch

I’ve also just received one this morning from Sportpursuit.  Bladder is missing.  The description clearly states that it is included.  I’ve sent a message, including a screenshot of the description.

Likewise. Could do without the faff of returning it. Bit pissed off and probably will think twice about using them for much in future. .

brennanpj
    Free Member

Same here , hip pack arrived today . No bladder .

I have emailed also , be keeping an eye on here see what happens with others .

The bladder included was was a big selling point for me .

Paradiso
    Free Member

I’ve just noticed that the magnetic clip, though listed in the description, is missing too.  That’s another £8 on top of the cost of a bladder if you want to keep it.

angeldust
    Free Member

Give a discount on the value to fulfill the order that was promised, looks like the bladders are £25, that’s their problem and they should suck it up.

No harm in asking then……but I suspect unless you are a good customer, it might not be worth their while.  Might get further by asking politely, rather than being a surly arse.

dirkpitt74

If anybody wants to get rid pm me as I missed out.

DezB
    Free Member

they should suck it up.

You mean they should send you £25? Or send you the bladder?

Neither will be an option. They won’t have the bladders for a start (they list stuff they don’t actually have in stock, so if the description’s wrong, they won’t know until shipping time.)

And they’ll ask for you to send it back rather than just give you £25 – if you make it sound like a real inconvenience to send back you might get a £5 credit on your account. Better than a poke in the eye and all that.

Paradiso
    Free Member

Sprockets have the pack + bladder for £60.99.

ajantom

Do you know what, I ended up using it today. I can’t be arsed to return it, so will see if they’ll give me a credit on my account – £10 or so would be about right.

A Decathlon 3l bladder half full and folded in half fits perfectly, and I used a little velcro loop over the waist band instead of the magnetic clip.

In comparison to my Osprey Talon lumbar pack it’s smaller, and seems to move about less (not that that was a real issue with the Osprey). Very comfy, I like the front tool storage pocket, and the ventilated back works really well.

It has a stretchy fabric pocket to put a bottle in on the left side, but having tried it before the ride, I’m not convinced the bottle would stay put on bumpy terrain. The Osprey has little elastic loops that go over the bottle tops to stop this. On the other hand the pocket is the perfect size for a spare tube.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Dez you didn’t need to edit it’s OK to be an arse sometimes especially if you’re disappointed with bike kit 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Did I edit? Don’t remember.

it’s OK to be an arse all the time, in my case 😀

onewheelgood

Got mine today, no bladder :-(. Have any of you had a response from SP yet?

brennanpj
    Free Member

SP just sent this

Hi
    Thanks for getting in touch
    My apologies for your issue here. We are raising this one directly with Evoc to see if we can get one of these for you as to our knowledge this should have been included.
    We will of course let you know when they get back to us on this
    Thanks
    James

DezB
    Free Member

Bladders for everyone!! 😀

Stevelol
    Free Member

Yeah just had the same reply,I am impressed! 🙂

jkomo

Woohoo,

martinhutch

Bladders for everyone!!

I doubt it somehow. But I’m prepared to be pleasantly surprised..

ajantom

Same response here. Pleasantly surprised, and will await what happens.

I guess they had a flood of emails over the weekend. We’re a mardy bunch aren’t we! 🤣

onewheelgood

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, we’ve had a few similar issues raised today regarding this. We’ve contacted the supplier to try and rectify this.

I will email you as soon as we have an update on this.

In the meantime, apologies for the issue and thanks for your patience.

Not a flood. Just a few 🙂

martinhutch

Clearly there’s been a bit of miscommunication between Evoc and SP, the crunch is when SP realise that bladders weren’t part of the Evoc deal, how they remedy it. I’m guessing they offer everyone a refund…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘PSA – evoc packs at sportpursuit’ is closed to new replies.