Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 459 total)
  • PSA: Evans code £20 off min. £40 spend
  • DezB
    Free Member

No confirmations, no follow ups. Just 2 “successful” orders showing on their site. I hope the second one gets cancelled, cos I don’t want it now.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Has everybody else had a dispatch email because I’ve had nothing since the order confirmation email?And yes, this is my one and only order.

DougD

@getonyourbike

no, not yet. I phoned them earlier today to see what the status of my order was. I only put one order through for a pair of shoes that were showing as in stock. They said that they were due to be dispatched in the next day or so.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I`ll be sticking with Chain reaction who always dispatch my parcels same or following day and I receive them next day.
    Evans crap service ! or what ?

depends if you asked for a next day service. If not then they have 3-5 days to get the item to you.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I assume you choose next day delivery?

Yes as its manic this time of the year and I wanted it for the weekend.

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

Singlespeed Shep[/quote][depends if you asked for a next day service. If not then they have 3-5 days to get the item to you]

So why cant they change delivery address before dispatch ?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

So why cant they change delivery address before dispatch ?

No idea i was commenting on the delay in it leaving the warehouse.

Simon

I made one order and only had a confirmation email and nothing delivered so far.

nwill1
    Free Member

I spoke to them today place an order for something else the guy told me….”the offer was for ‘special’ customers (big spenders, etc)”.

He said some orders will have slipped through the net but lots won’t be honoured!

twang
    Free Member

still waiting for my ‘dispatched’ email….

DT78
    Free Member

Oh dear. Doubt I classify as a big spender, well for Evans.

If they do cancel my one order, which was £100 with £20 off, i will probably add them to my list of retailers to avoid. Good way to cut down the amount of sites I have to check when looking to buy parts. They will join jejames , David hinde and cycle surgery as people who are happy to mess punters about.

jam-bo

Mine still shows as successful but no shipping email yet.

If it was meant for specific people, they should have coded them like CRC do.

grum
    Free Member

Has everybody else had a dispatch email because I’ve had nothing since the order confirmation email?And yes, this is my one and only order.

I’ve had nowt since the initial confirmations.

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes my last order with Evans I got 2-3 confirmation emails saying it had bees dispatched and when I should receive it

singlespeedstu

I had an email saying that they’d accepted my first order but canceled the other two.
    Then I had two refund emails from paypal for the second and third order.
    No despatch email for the first order yet.

weeble
    Free Member

No email since the confirmation email……

Tom83

Yeah refund on 2nd order, but nowt for dispatch on 1st.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Spoke to Evans today, item will be dispatched tomorrow for Tuesday delivery.

iain1775
    Free Member

They will join jejames , David hinde and cycle surgery as people who are happy to mess punters about.

I’ve only ever had excellent service and prices from cycle surgery had some right bargains fro
    Their timeout Tuesday deals and ordered some stuff the other day and recieved 2 days later
    Evans however, I recieved the email (definately NOT a special customer of theirs) and decided the saving wasn’t worth the hassle
    JE James a phone call beforehand to check stock is usually okay, but then I’m close enough to call in rather than mail order

sc-xc

Spoke to Evans today, item will be dispatched tomorrow for Tuesday delivery.

same here

shindiggy
    Free Member

never had a problem with JE James or cycle surgery. good service every time I’ve used them.

hora
    Free Member

Samehere. Literally crc’s worst case scenario receipt of order.

Evans. Seriously get with the modern times. Who owns you know?!

teasel
    Free Member

The orders are probably delayed due to packing staff being drafted into the orderline/helpdesk part of the company.

Seriously, I’ve placed various orders with Evans over the years and they’ve always been slightly slow off the mark, but I’ve never felt the need to call them to enquire. I would if it was after, say, 10 days or so.

You lot need to get a grip and chill…

kayak23

Yeah, would everyone just quit ringing Evans up? I’m hoping to get my order this year… 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

How dare these people sell you goods at a sale price with 20quid knocked off and free postage and then have the ******* audacity to keep some of you waiting for 4 days.

This is the 21st century, people expect things cheap, discounted with free postage, gift wrapped and delivered by the fair hand of a brunette waif in lingerie, who won’t shine the lazer in your eyes, within 24 hours. This is what we expect and we definitely do not deserve it.

hora
    Free Member

Its not the 20quid off orders though. Its ALL their orders compared to all their competition.

Or in simple terms, drop your knickers? Then at least put it out

shindiggy
    Free Member

Is it to much too expect the Evans Cycles, one of, if not the largest high street cycle chain in the Uk to deliver the same great service most people receive from other online retailers.

I placed several orders on New Years from wiggle, crc, superstar components and JE James and Evans. My order with Evans wasn’t a cheeky £40 order to get it half price either. All but evans delivered by Thursday, on contrast Evans haven’t even dispatched.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Patience is a virtue (just not in here).
    WHY is it of vital importance that it arrives so quickly btw?It sure as hell ain’t life or death is it.

allthepies
    Free Member

From Evans website

FREE Standard UK delivery (delivered in 3-5 days)

It’s there in black and white.

If you don’t like it then go elsewhere ?

svalgis
    Free Member

Huge demand leading to longer delivery times than normally expected – who could have guessed!?

gnusmas

I have been trying the code yesterday evening and all of today but all i get is ‘Sorry, the promotion code you entered was not recognised’

Any ideas? Or is it now too late?

jam-bo

About 6 pages too late

Rorschach
    Free Member

Any ideas?

I have a couple I could share….but I’d probably end up with a ban for a few days for my trouble 🙄

hora
    Free Member

All the pies. I used parcelforce 48 for a 10lb bike frame. It was received the next morning. Should I make them double the time?

3-5 days? Evans means we pick in 3-5 dayS..

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Is it to much too expect the Evans Cycles, one of, if not the largest high street cycle chain in the Uk to deliver the same great service most people receive from other online retailers.

Yes, They said the items would be with you in 3-5 days, unless it has been 5 working days then there isn’t a problem. The fact other stores got it to you quicker is irrelevant. I ordered wednesday evening, paid next day as I wanted my brakes for weekend, Got them Friday hense pleased customer.

Had I selected 3-5 days I wouldn’t be bothered until next wednesday. They would still have uptil Tuesday to dispatch it.

chakaping
    Free Member

shindiggy – Did you read the whole thread? Did you not notice that they’ve been wading through the fallout from this disasterous (for them) offer?

They may also have had a few people off, what with it being Xmas and all.

grum
    Free Member

Got a dispatch email on what I think was the second order. 😕

Nothing yet about a refund for the other order.

Bez

Hora, if you Paypal me £20 I’d be happy to disappoint you. Seems that’s what you really wanted for your money.

grum
    Free Member

Both my orders have been dispatched now – yay Evans!

Anyone else had multiple orders honoured, or do I win? 🙂

fhendry1
    Free Member

Both of my orders have been dispatched, thanks evans.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Evans code £20 off min. £40 spend’ is closed to new replies.