• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by 5lab.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA – Etnies Culvert Flat Pedal Shoes
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Grey Ones

I’m going to go out on a limb and say these are amongst the best flat pedal shoes you can buy (at the moment) at a reasonable price. They have a gusseted tongue, are water resistant, come in shoe and mid flavours, I’ve got mids.

To be clear they are in the Impact/DH robustness of shoe, not thin soled Freeriders. 1/2 a size up is a must and people with wide duck feet are out of luck as they are not as wide as equivalent 5 tens!

Surprised they never seem to get talked about, mind you they don’t even appear in the list of models on Etnies own website. Unparalleled are another brand doing good things!

hatter

Etnies are quietly doing some very good stuff, got a set of thier Camber CL SPD shoes and whilst they’re a faff to put on they’re super comfy and supportive.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Mid boots. The discounted one’s left on the Etnies site are choice colours!

Green Mid Boot

Black Mid Boot

desperatebicycle

Only 8.5s left in the grey. The yellow at £56.99 have most sizes available. Yellow.. hmm. I wonder

desperatebicycle

Often see threads asking for winter flats on here – these look to be a bargain – https://eu.etnies.com/collections/bike/products/semenuk-pro-black-red

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

I bought a pair in spring. They are cheap and the uppers are well designed and comfy but I found the grip is not as good as 5.10s.
    I have ordered some 5.10 impacts to replace them for riding downhill.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Often see threads asking for winter flats on here – these look to be a bargain –

Bare in mind the Semenuk’s have a different sole and shank stiffness, are less padded than Culverts. Culverts are both stiffer and stickier (the stickiest sole Etnies do). In other words they are good if you are looking for a shoe more like a Freerider EPS with a bit less pedal grip.

5lab

is the sizing US or UK?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.