Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)
  • PSA – Endura knee pads £16.99 @ Wiggle
  • wwaswas

awaiting cancellation email

I got a despatch email last night.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Just had my email despatch confirmation too – just hoping they fit now!

ogden
    Free Member

“Well, they are comfortable to say the least. If your leg is anything close to
    straight they properly dig in at the top and bottom. Was worth a punt but I think
    they will be going back”

That should say uncomfortable! very uncomfortable.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ominous, though it does chime with the one review I could find. Mine are supposedly being delivered today so I’ll report back.

Riksbar

Just had dispatch email as well.

doomanic

Mine should be here today. Let’s hope they fit…

mashr

If the pad itself is overly stiff, this’ll also not help the staying in place issue mentioned in the review. Definitely worth jumping around the house in them to see what happens

chakaping
    Free Member

Got mine and tried them on, went straight to L/XL as I have fairly chunky pins.

The fit is actaully pretty good and I appreciate the length and the reasonably flexible material of the sleeve. Little chance of ****-gappage with these.

The lower portion of the actual pad does touch on my shin when standing or making a pedaling motion, however the top seems fine.

I think I’m gonna give them a try and then perhaps cut the lower tip off the pad (it’s removable) to address if needed. Could also pop some extra material around it, an old buff or something.

Worth a trial at the price anyway.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Gotten this morning.very weird design. Huge pad at the front, bugger all at the sides.

Fine in a frontal crash, useless if you fall sideways

bubs

Mine have just arrived. I’d say that sizing is on the small side. No digging in at top but definately an annoyance from the bottom bit. Looks are “interesting”. Protection looks good though which is the whole point I guess. £17 well spent I reckon but as a secondary set to my super comfy 661s.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Protection looks good though which is the whole point I

I’m totally intrigued by that. Fair enough the front is well padded, but there’s literally nothing at the sides. What makes you say protection looks good?

chakaping
    Free Member

Plenty of pads now just have a solid front pad like that, and this one is bigger than most – though that may cause problems as above.

Seems you need to buy DH pads to get proper side protection these days.

bubs

I have nobbly knees and these cup my knee caps from all sides. It’s my knee caps that I want to protect. I didn’t expect them to give me the full knee protection of my downhill ones but they are definately a step up from my soft pads.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

It’s my knee caps that I want to protect

Quis custodiet ipso custodes?

bubs

…what have the Romans ever done for us?

russyh
    Free Member

Got mine, fit well and look nicely made.  Good that you can pop the pad out to clean the sleeve.  Will give them a go tonight with the weather we have been having I’m highly likely to give them a proper test!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Got the M/L according to the size chart and they’re too tight!

Anyone need a pair at that size for the same cost £17.00?

geomickb
    Free Member

Yeah mine are also M/L and seem a bit tight. Will try them for a bit and then eBay if they aren’t comfortable.

lister

I bought the s/m and m/l for MrsL to try. M/l should fit her but they would cut her circulation off in about 5 mins if she was riding.

We were going to send them back but the smallest fit my daughter and the bigger ones fit my son.

So my wife doesn’t have any pads still but both kids are sorted with quality pads for cheap. Win!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Mine arrived today and im seriously Impressed
    I tend to struggle with fit an comfort of knee pads and was a little hesitant due to some comments but they are very comfortable maybe it’s just my skinny legs as I went for s\m and there perfect and more comfortable than my 661 Evo
    For £17 there an absolute bargain and offer the protection I need .pads with side protection are often clumsy to pedal in ime

stevedoc
    Free Member

Likewise proper chuffed ,17 quid and they fit very very well. Happier now in the knowledge they are 69.99 on the website.

geomickb
    Free Member

I was going to order a size bigger and notice the price had gone up!

Wonder if it was a mistake?

Mick

ElVino

All I need now is cheap elbow / forearm pads

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Got mine today, they’re the most uncomfortable knee pads I’ve ever tried on, they dig in to my shin unless my leg is bent… they’ll be going back unless anyone on here want to buy them off me (after reading my sparkling review!! Size M/L for the discounted price)

rascal
    Free Member

Always a bit of a lottery buying before trying – especially something like pads and lids. I guess at £17 it’s not a pricey gamble though.

chopchop
    Free Member

Another set of M/l no good as they’re too tight. I’m happy to pass them on to a fellow forumite for £17 plus post if you missed them on Wiggle, get in touch before Friday though.

JackHammer

Interesting you cant return for an exchange, only refund.

jakd95
    Free Member

I’ll take a punt on sizing/comfort on some M/L if anyone wants to sell on a pair for £17+P&P?

If you could email me on jakd ‘at’ live ‘dot’ co ‘dot’ uk, that would be great, rather than battling the PM function..

geomickb
    Free Member

And if anyone has a L/XL which they don’t want, I will purchase.

Cheers,

Mick

Jordan

Still waiting for mine to arrive but from the comments on here I think they are gonna be too small 🙁

Jordan

Oooh I was wrong. Just arrived and m/l fits fine. Strangely the bottom of the pad digs slightly on one leg but not the other. Nothing too bad though, it’ll either bend to shape or I will trim it a bit.

russyh
    Free Member

El Vino, I have some brand new unused 661 elbow pads.  I was bought about 4 years ago but have never worn.  Hit me up if you want some details.  Won’t want much for them

dirkpitt74

My S/M pads arrived earlier – seem a decent fit, only worn them for a few minutes walking around but don’t seem too bad.

DrP

Mine arrived…
    I get what others are saying about the pad digging in at the bottom, but if the leg is bent even just the tiniest bit it’s fine….

I’m happy..i like how thin and airy the ‘non padded’ bit is..

DrP

ajantom

My s/m ones just fit, maybe a little tight in the thigh (but at spot on on the calf) but should loosen a tad with use.
    The guard does dig in a little as others have mentioned, but you could defo trim a little of the bottom.

As the new version looks basically the same, but with a d3o insert, I’m wondering whether you could fit some of these d3o pads (designed for motorbike kit) with a little bit of trimming…

d3o pad

filks

Mine fit perfectly l/xl and relatively chunky pins. Yet to ride a bike in them though so let’s wait and see. Seriously impressed for £17!

stevedev
    Free Member

I just got mine today and I’ll be sending them back. I am the skinniest bloke I know (I normally need XS or even children’s sizes) but the S/M size is way too tight on me!

Even if they fitted me I doubt I would keep them as there’s almost nothing that I like about them. As others have said, they dig in when you straighten your leg, so no walking far in them. Also, they don’t protect much of your leg and, worst of all, you have to take your shoes off to put them on.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

got mine today, they dig in when stood upright, sending them back

mechanicaldope

So, anyone actually cycled with these yet? Do they still dig in when pedaling or just when standing?

Matt_SS_xc

I bought three, the insert is brutal, rock hard on the inside too so not very comfy.
    I have d30 inserts as above from m’bike jeans. They are a bit thinner and fit in the pads perfectly.
    I’ll be using them with d30 inserts.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Endura knee pads £16.99 @ Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.