Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • PSA Easton Haven Carbon Bar
  • superleggero
    Free Member

Suggest no more than 4nmn at the stem (spec for Thomson stem for example) and use carbon assembly paste (Finish Line, Tacx etc). Also use carbon paste for lock on grips and controls. Use a fair amount and wipe off excess with a damp rag.

What you don’t want is for dry clamped areas to slip, rotate and score the carbon with a nice cut line creating a possible weakness and leading to eventual fracture. I suspect that most cases of carbon bar failure are a result of this sort of line scoring or just plain overtightening.

chip
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday, and was surprised by how scruffy looking it was under the finish.
    It is perfectly formed and finished to the touch , but there are several thin wobbly lines that practical run from one end to the other.

It does not compromise the bars in anyway and once mounted and furnished most of them will be covered .
    Not bothered about them snapping as will be using a raceface turbine stem, dangers my middle name.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

There’s still 451 pairs of these bars left at CRC so they’ve done a massive bulk buy (there were over 700 bars left a few days ago)! 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rich
    Free Member

Gone up to £77.99 now.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Ahhh rubbish. 🙁

muzza80
    Free Member

Dammit!

billyboulders
    Free Member

Lovely bars. Look soooo nice on my Ragger Ti. Felt lovely swooping through the trees round The Cleave this weekend 😆

Gone up to £77.99 now

# is smug 8)

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

😥

Steve77
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning. Love PSAs like this.

jamesy01
    Free Member

use carbon assembly paste

How many people do this?
    I’ve only ever used it on an alu seat post in a carbon frame but now you’ve got me wondering!

jimw
    Free Member

use carbon assembly paste
    How many people do this?

I do, mostly because I was told to by my LBS when I got the first set of carbon bars a few years back- and he managed to sell me some carbon paste as a result. Probably used about 0.05% of the tube in five years ( that may be a slight underestimate, but you get my drift…)

chip
    Free Member

The instructions say to use carbon paste on the stem/bar interface but does not say to use on bar furniture .

It does say max torq for levers 3nm, but to tighten stem to torq settings provided by your stem manufacturer.
    Which I think on my turbine is 7 of the top of my head which I thought may be excessive, but will follow when I get around to fitting.

retro83
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a torque thingy which goes low enough for these?

retro83
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey – Member

ritchey torque key, ~£14 at various outlets.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/tools/torque-wrench/product/review-ritchey-multi-torqkey-47499/

Thanks, but looks like 4 and 5 nm only? Post above says 3nm needed for the brakes etc. 🙁 Does 1nm make any difference? I have no idea what that actually is.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

TBF I do brakes and shifters barely tight by feel anyway- so they rotate in a stack, not so they don’t crush my bars.

neilwheel
    Free Member

3Nm is roughly about how tight you can go using the short arm of an allen key with the long arm in the screw head, unless you are a gorilla.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Hopefully mine come through, order is still processing.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

They appear to be back to £39.99 now. Nice.

smurf
    Free Member

Great. Thanks for posting that. I came to ordering some late last week and was miffed to see them double the price.

Tracey

Mine have arrived, got the order to just over £50 so got another £5 off

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M’s have arrived, they look very nice, as she hasn’t paid for them yet I think they might go on my bike instead.

no no dear put the frying pan down I was only joking………….

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Mine got cancelled as it was out of stock 🙁

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Just to add to this PSA, CRC have Haven Stems for £24 to match your new bars – only in Silver though:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/easton-haven-am-stem/rp-prod93197

poah
    Free Member

but not in 55mm length

torsoinalake
    Free Member

#sonotenduro

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘PSA Easton Haven Carbon Bar’ is closed to new replies.