Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • PSA: Dyfi Enduro entries live on Sunday
  • Premier Icon chipps
    Subscriber

The 2020 Dyfi Enduro – Now With Bontrager. And On A Saturday!

It’s just prompted me to send my busted tent pole off to get fixed – the Dyfi is always the first outing of the year for all my camping gear and I inevitably end up finding all of the camping gear that I’d meant to fix, or clean when I get it all out that weekend. I usually end up searching for my lost fitness that weekend too…

It’s on a Saturday too this year, which’ll be a little different…

Great event,shame it’s been separated from the Comedy Festival though.

Premier Icon tillydog
    Subscriber

Anybody found the cost of the camping & vehicle pass tickets yet? IIRC it made it an expensive do last year.

Premier Icon funkynick
    Subscriber

I eventually found the ticket price (£40 + 3) but couldn’t find anything on prices for vehicles or camping…

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

Oof I’m in

steve_b77

Got my entry sorted, suppose I should ride a mountain bike again at sometime soon 🤣🤣

tom13

£6 camping £10 parking. There has been an email go out for early entry so keep a look out for it or ask your mates to send it you if they entered on your behalf last year. It’s only a generic code that needs to be applied but I don’t want to be the person that ruins it by putting it on here.

Premier Icon tillydog
    Subscriber

Ta.

How are you guys in? Entry doesn’t open till Sunday?

steve_b77

Priority early code for frequent fliers

Oh really?? I’ve done it about 6 times, sadly with a 8 year gap between last year and the previous. Guess I don’t count?

Well up for it this year 😁

jim25

I would love to be fit enough at the moment to race Dyfi enduro. Favourite UK riding place that.

Premier Icon singletrackmind
    Subscriber

£59 then or £1 a km , plus £59 on fuel and probably another £59 on tyres and bits and bobs as well, as my Ikon /Aspen combi wont be tough enough for the shale , i’m oot

Premier Icon doomanic
    Subscriber

No eBikes. Ahm oot.

stevedoc

A brilliant days riding last year ,in discussion with the long haired boss for this year as im Doing the West Highland way on the Monday so best start begging

superfli

I’m in. Been a while. Last one was 2015. Looking forward, and really would like to take the family, but she’s moaning about the cold lol!

greyspoke

Thanks for the reminder about the early entry thing, found it in my inbox and entered.

I will no doubt meet some of you, but of course we won’t know that…

greyspoke

And it is a shame about the comedy festival. It made a nice weekend with the Mrs. Looks like I will have to spend my time drinnking beer in the tent. But the town won’t be as rammed.

Premier Icon charliemort
    Subscriber

Whilst I like the idea of the Saturday night piss up, it’s a bit of an issue for us southerners. 6 / 7 hour drive friday night then putting tents up in the dark

Premier Icon dienamic
    Subscriber

The Friday is a bank holiday so no different to the usual, race middle day set up

Premier Icon charliemort
    Subscriber

ahhhhh! that’s alright then!

whytetrash

Smug mode … I’m in 😉 think I’ve done the last 13 or 14 of them so VIP email nice but might miss the drama of crashing laptops and wondering if you actually in it or not…. used to sell out quicker than Take That tickets on mumsnet 😉 oh and singletrackmind I’ve done about 3/4 of them on Aspens in 26 and 29″ versions with no issues.

Premier Icon salad_dodger
    Subscriber

Assuming their are any entries left by the time they officially open on Sunday, I’m going to give it another go. Last did it 10 years ago and haven’t ridden off road since so it’s long overdue!

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

I’m in . 🙂
    And unless I win the lottery I will be doing it on a retro bicycle.

Subscriber

I’m in..

GolfChick

Ooo tempted by this if there’s any tickets left tomorrow, I assume you can stay off site and just park up/ride in for the event?

Premier Icon dienamic
    Subscriber

Yep. It’s normally a decent weekend as it coincides with the comedy festival and beer festival so you can utilise both of those too, think it might be a bit more low key this year so we’ve decided to stay off site with families and just drive in for the day

I’m just trying to sort buying a mid 90’s rigid Kona to ride on this year 😁😎

I’ve only miss a couple but going to have to miss this one as I’ve got a wedding on the wife’s side of the family that I’d be more than happy to dodge but really really can’t ….. gutted as it’s tradition

I’m just trying to sort buying a mid 90’s rigid Kona to ride on this year 😁😎

Muni Mula any use to you?

Muni Mula Has front shocks? I’m after rigid 👍

DONE! I’m in, easy enough

Premier Icon forge197
    Subscriber

I am in too, never done the Enduro done a couple of the Dyfi events at Coed Y Brenin looking forward to it.

Premier Icon maurice
    Subscriber

Could someone give me an idea of how technical it is? Say compared to a red trail at Afan?

Quite fancy it but I’m just getting back into MTB after 8 years out, just trying to gauge it.

Cheers

tewit

So, what tyres do you recommend? For a hardtail on 26″ skinny Hope XC rims. Although this’ll be my fourth time, I’ve never given tyres much thought but I had to quit half way the last time after my rear tyre blew up. So I don’t want that happening again.

GolfChick

Seems like there’s still tickets available but I’m slowly doubting our van will be converted in time!!

Subscriber

It’s not mega tech. Saw some loon last year on a CX bike.

It’s the 5700ft that makes it hard

Premier Icon maurice
    Subscriber

Ok thanks, I’m in.

I’m in . Roll on May and some early Dyfi sunshine .

Premier Icon tillydog
    Subscriber

I'm in

Seems like there’s still tickets available

I don’t think it sold out last year (but I think the camping tickets did sell out quite quickly).

They contracted out the ticketing a couple of years ago, so getting a ticket is less of a lottery now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.