Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Doc Martens
  • Bought these for £81 from MI Supplies

They are actually safety boots, but usual DM comfiness and I reckon they look OK – and cheaper than most of the current normal DM’s ‘fashion’ offerings

null

Drac

Oooh nice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

qwerty
    Free Member

OMG – when did they become so expensive??? I paid £35 iirc for my last pair of rust coloured steel toe. Might of been a while back mind 🤔

ton

bought a pair of DM crazy horse aztec yesterday. £135
    last time i bought some docs, they cost me £19.99 and they were the six shooters

ThePinkster

I know. Been a fan of DMs for years but can’t believe the price increases over the last 2 or 3 year’s

I think they’ve suddenly become fashionable again but to be honest most of their recent’ styles have been really gopping.

chestrockwell

Like them. I’m in the market and had expected to go CAT but will have a look at these. Ta OP.

Like them. I’m in the market and had expected to go CAT but will have a look at these. Ta OP.

No probs – I’m not even using them for wor. I use boots that are going to really withstand some hammer

If you don’t go for these, and fancy something different to CAT, Timberland Sawhorse can be found for £55

null

trail_rat
    Free Member

Where’s the photos of the ones that don’t look like safety boots ?

slackman99
    Free Member

They had to get more expensive over recent years to pay for the shipping from China 🙂

BillMC

Even when they were ‘made in England’ the soles came from China and the uppers from India, they were, however, stuck together in England. Then even that stopped.

slackman99
    Free Member

Think Solovair and NPS are still made here in the old DM factory. They have some similar styles to DM

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Someone needs to design some Croc Martens

twonks

I am a fan of docs and Timberland as much as the next over 40s bloke, but to me the ones linked above look simply like expensive safety boots and not footwear I’d consider wearing off a building site.

The toe box is just too huge, which is understandable given they are steel.

Would be interesting to see them against a non commercial version of the same thing to see if they are as different as I think they should be.

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Usual DM comfiness?

What, crippling blisters along your Achilles?

Pain until you “wear them in” which coincides when they wear out?

Ok then……😂

chakaping
    Free Member

to me the ones linked above look simply like expensive safety boots

+1

I prefer something a bit smarter / less clumpy myself.

Looked at Dr Martens fashion range in MCR when I wanted some chelsea boots, thought some seemed nice then clocked the price tags.

Popped into Clarks a few doors up and got some nicer looking, very comfy ones for less than half the price of the DMs (£45 in the sale).

NB. I don’t think I contributed to the pathetic middle-aged men thread, but perhaps the above recommendation would be a good candidate?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA Doc Martens’ is closed to new replies.