Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA, Decathlon, fantasticly good gear.
  • ton
    Garry_Lager

I have that soft shell and its v good – exceptional at that price. Not great in persistent rain but otherwise a really versatile top.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

The winter tights are properly warm as well:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/cycling-membrane-tights-7-black-id_8181417.html

£29.99!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

bought two jerseys yesterday and am really impressed. good quality, nice fit, good stitching and fairly smooth seams.
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ls-jersey-3-isola-black-blue-id_8216555.html
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/insulat-3-ls-jersey-white-red-id_8216556.html
    Bought one of these as well which is small enough to fit in a jersey pocket as an emergency and a reasonable cut for cycling
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rainproof-cycle-jacket-3-black-id_8154030.html

thepodge
    Free Member

That white one looks ok for the road bike but I’m starting to look like I’m sponsored by Decathlon / btwin

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I got a merino base layer top rom them a couple of years ago. It’s been very good considering the low initial outlay

Fueled
    Free Member

Thanks Ton, ordered a softshell and stocked up on the worlds best boxers. +1 to looking like I am being sponsored by Btwin

Northwind

Decathlon have some great kit. My favourite riding top just now isn’t really a cycling top, it’s their lightweight softshell- normal softshells are far too hot for me but this one’s got the thinnest fleece imaginable and it’s so nice.

TBH I just love digging around in the place, especially in the really big ones… So much stuff.

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

How does the stuff size up?
    I’m tempted by those bib tights but I’m tall and thin(ish) so struggle to get leg length without having a loose butt!!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 the techwool base layers are very good value. Perfect for commuting.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Got the winter tights and they are OK but I find no support for the ‘ meat and beans’ and also the pad is pretty big. Otherwise may suit skinny shins as quite tight, but zipped. Good quality for the price.

vondally
    Free Member

i have owned lots of decathlon stuff and the poorest by far has been the cycling stuff especially shorts, the mountainering stuff just fab and running similiar.

richpips
    Free Member

How does the stuff size up?

Sizing is quite often strange. I always try before I buy.

I’ve had loads of their good stuff over the years, VVGFVM.

Their cheap cycling stuff is junk though.

DT78
    Free Member

Wandered round the new store in southampton yesterday, was impressed with the sheer range of stuff. Cycling clothing did look good quality, didn’t try any one so can’t comment on sizing

100mphplus
    Free Member

Some ‘cycling’ gloves cost more than the identical ski / hiking ones though!!

Went to buy some liners and the ‘Btwin’ branded gloves in the cycling section were £5.99, liners in the ski and hiking section were £1 or £4.99. Also noted that waterproof gloves were cheaper too.

MrSparkle

Love Decathlon. We always go when we are on hols in France. Got this absolute bargin from the one in Bolton just before Chrimbo: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-bargin-down-jacket-16

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Bought plenty of Decathlon gear over the years…

Waterproof trousers & jacket, couple of cycling jerseys, several pairs of lycra shorts, couple of pairs of baggy MTB shorts, gym/running tops (several), tracksuit bottoms, running trainers and even a pair of wellies.

Agree about the sizing – I find I need to go a size up in shorts.

Everything I’ve bought has proven very durable (only had one pair of MTB baggies wear out – this was after about 3 years regular use), all fitted well & cheap too.

jamiep
    Free Member

Silk glove liners are £5

sturmey
    Free Member

Had a couple of their soft shells for the last 4 yrs great value and good quality unfortunately the zip has gone on one and the other has been ruined when I got knocked off before xmas. But they have both had a lot of use.

MoreCashThanDash

Great kids stuff – cheap and duarable

RustySpanner

Still using some of the cycling jerseys from 5 or 6 years ago. 😐

The ONLY ones I’ve found with huge zipped side pockets capable of taking a waterproof/light shell jacket.
    Perfect for road riding on the rackless bike – can still stay comfy and dry when the weather is variable.

Wear the zipped, lightweight hiking fleeces (the ones with a chest pocket) for work every day, just buy whichever colours are on sale every couple of years.
    The rock climbing shoes have been very good, the tents are excllent and Ms S swears by the ladies cycling baggies (using Aldi myself).
    She’s got loads of the running tops and walking trousers too.

The bladders are very good, as are the backpacks.

scary_carey
    Free Member

I got one of the Membrane 7 Jackets yesterday after foolishly melting my MT500 (don’t ask 👿 ) and for £30 you cant knock it. Went for a quick blast round Delamere wearing it. Kept me very warm and water splashes beaded straight off. if it only lasts two seasons its still a hell of a lot cheaper than a Stealth 😉

scary_carey
    Free Member

I got one of the Membrane 7 Jackets yesterday after foolishly melting my MT500 (don’t ask 👿 ) and for £30 you cant knock it. Went for a quick blast round Delamere wearing it. Kept me very warm and water splashes beaded straight off. if it only lasts two seasons its still a hell of a lot cheaper than a Stealth 😉

40mpg

I think this is the lightweight down jacket I saw in the Southampton store.

Looks ideal for bivvying, would pack down very small. May have to pop back soon!

leeroybrown
    Free Member

i was just having a look,
    did anyone else see the woman’s briefs 😉

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I’ve got a Decathalon Jersey, was reduced to £6 in a clearance sale. Gets worn more than my Rapha Jersery…

z1ppy

I’ve been using the walkers softshell, that tons link bike s/s seem styled on but using a tough more waterproof material. Absolutely ace, though wish I’d got the black version, the pit zip makes it so much more useable than my ‘proper’ waterproof

globalti
    Free Member

The Btwin Triban 3 is a pretty good entry-level road bike for £299.99.

MrSparkle

Oh yeah, got the Mrs a Triban 5 and it’s ace.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA, Decathlon, fantasticly good gear.’ is closed to new replies.