Search the forum using the power of Google

• This topic has 31 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by simian.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA: DC Trainers for a tenner…
  • the-muffin-man

Won’t be to everyones taste, but a cheap summer trainer for a tenner (+postage!)…

DC Manual TXSE Worn Grey – Unisex L

…from Rollersnakes – so legit source.

a11y

DC sizing – fairly true to size compared to other brands?

irc

No size 13s though.

thered

@a11y yes, but not wide

johndoh
    Free Member

I nearly bought some then thought ‘hang on, I don’t really like the style’ and bailed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheap but look awful – guess they a 10er for a reason 😀

pondo

For that price I’ll take a punt – ta. 🙂

dangeourbrain

Excellent ta, Mrs brain likes her old DCs for flats so they will do nicely to replace the holey ones.

May as well grab my self a pair for mooching about too at that price. Might look awful when they arrive (though I’m hopeful not) but even if they’re so bad I can’t wear them in public they’ll be perfect for the garage or post ride kit bag.

dirtyboy

If you Google DC shoes worn grey it’s a far better colour option IMHO.
    Cheers OP 2 pair’s for camping and whatever

sandboy

A pair incoming for the lad, sent him a link and he loves them!
    Cheers OP, for a teenager we find it difficult to get him shoes he likes. Great PSA.

zilog6128

Anyone remember when DC used to be cool? 😉 Originally co-founded by the late great Ken Block!

a11y

@a11y yes, but not wide

Thanks, but decided they’re only a bargain if I actually need them – a quick peak in the wardrobe tells me I don’t!

the-muffin-man

Anyone remember when DC used to be cool? 😉 Originally co-founded by the late great Ken Block!

You mean they’re not cool anymore!? 😱 Drats – hope the Vans I ordered as well are still cool or I’ll have to send both pairs back! 🙂

transporter13
    Free Member

Cheers op, pair ordered for summer pub visits👍

butcher

That’s an expensive pair of plimsolls.

zilog6128

You mean they’re not cool anymore!? 😱 Drats – hope the Vans I ordered as well are still cool or I’ll have to send both pairs back!

sorry, I think you already know the answer 😃 Like most (all?) of the once great surf/skate/bmx brands, sold out to venture capitalists years ago, so deeply tragic 😉

squirrelking
    Free Member

Plenty more styles going cheap, not a fan of the OP ones but have found some I like. Cheers!

dangeourbrain

That’s an expensive pair of plimsolls.

They used to be about £7 a pair for cheap black ones for PE when I was at primary school. 30 odd years ago.

butcher

£2.99 round here. You were robbed.

Cougar

There’s blue ones on there too, if you want something slightly less ‘Archangel from Airwolf.’

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Spend £30 and get a skateboard for £30! Anyone wanna do it and sell me their skateboard, let me know 😀

the-muffin-man

Spend £30 and get a skateboard for £30! Anyone wanna do it and sell me their skateboard, let me know 😀

I was really tempted to add a skateboard to the basket last night – then I remembered it was 40yrs ago when I was last on one. And I don’t want to spend the next few months in plaster! 🤣🛹🦴

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

I saw a video with some old fogies skating and it inspired me 😀

sandboy

Spend £30 and get a skateboard for £30!

I saw that earlier and had to rein myself in. The wife made me give my BMX away about 10 years ago as I always came home broken from the skatepark so a board was never going down well!!😀

squirrelking
    Free Member

I saw it and was tempted then I remembered I was awful anyway so saved the landfill.

dangeourbrain

Arrived today thank you op. Look much better in the flesh and will do grand for mooching once the weather clears up a bit

kimbers

cheap but look awful –

That colour is far from the most gopping on the site

dyna-ti

I still have no idea what PSA stands for.

kimbers

Prostate Specific Antigen

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate-specific_antigen

mjsmke

What happened to the shape of DC shoes? They use to be wide. Now they look like Sideshow Bob shaped feet.

butcher

They use to be wide.

They’re usually OK to be fair. I’ve got wide feet and usually have a pair of DCs on the go, and have done for 30 years. Can’t say they’ve changed much. Don’t know what these plimsolls are like mind.

simian
    Free Member

I still have no idea what PSA stands for.

Public Service Announcement.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.